2024 Callaway Apex UW

I started off loving the first Gen but that changed and I never really cared for it after a few rounds. I feel like it’s a slight missed opportunity with them not being adjustable. This part of my bag is pretty set but I’ll give them a go.

Really curious to see the feedback on this club. I love the current version, but Callaway website mentions multiple times this a "better players" club. Almost seemingly going out of their way to want to make a point of that. I guess the old Apex was the same way, but makes me wonder a bit if it's really gonna work for everyone like the current version.

Time will tell. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it though. Like the looks of it and the batwing tech sounds cool.
I remember the original being the very same way which was why I never hit it at ECPC and now it’s one of my favorite clubs.

I remember the original being the very same way which was why I never hit it at ECPC and now it’s one of my favorite clubs.

Same. I know all the rest of our team was excited to hit them and I just didn't think I was good enough so I went Super Hybrid. But man if I'm not totally in love with my 17 and 21 degree. So easy to hit.

Great article. I love my Paradym hybrid I got in a trade in but I could totally see this in my bag come Dec. I really liked the UW when I demoed it a few months back. Honestly I could see major changes at the top of the bag. Maybe 4 iron change to a hybrid too.

I’m definitely interested in more speed retention and versatility versus the previous model. May look to try the 21° against my current UW.

@Jman have you had a chance to test drive these yet? Really curious of your's and @JB thoughts once you've had a chance to hit them

Ummmm...yes please. Look amazing, cant wait to see how they play.

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about the new look on the sole, but the view from up top appears to be the same, and I’m good with that. Love the change to the MMT, and I’ll be demoing this if I get the chance.

Of course right after I order my UW the new version comes out! Haha

I still haven’t hit the old one but if this is a big upgrade maybe I just take the old shaft and put it in the new version. Also this might be a contender to replace my old Titleist 21* hybrid.

Will have to try it

For me, it was between this and the HyWood last year and I went the HW route. I could have easily gone with the UW and the added forgiveness might push me that way if/when I replace the HW. Good looking club and I like the multiple loft options vs the HW which was 18* only.

The wave sole sounds like a great addition for the UW.

Not sure how I feel on this one. Looks wise it is a step backwards though ultimately how the sole looks doesn’t matter so much compared to performance.

On the performance side I’m skeptical it could be better because the original was perfect. I’m hesitant to mess with a good thing. I was hoping though to see them expand loft options. That would have had me really excited.

The aesthetics are not great IMHO.

But as long as it performs and looks great at address....

i love my uw. my only complaint is that on some mishits it is pretty punishing. the improvements seem like the new version would be a little more forgiving. if they kept the shape and feel the same but adding some more forgiveness on mishits, i would strongly consider upgrading.

I am so excited for this release.

I have wanted to transition from a 4i to something easier to hit in that slot, and a UW in any of those lofts fits the bill.
Love the look/size of it, the sole looks pretty tidy, and I am really really looking forward to hearing more, and hitting them in December!

Lets get an Apex UW in my bag..... maybe multiples!

I am so excited for this release.

I have wanted to transition from a 4i to something easier to hit in that slot, and a UW in any of those lofts fits the bill.
Love the look/size of it, the sole looks pretty tidy, and I am really really looking forward to hearing more, and hitting them in December!

Lets get an Apex UW in my bag..... maybe multiples!
17/21 sounds like a winner to me.

17/21 sounds like a winner to me.
Definitely.

Pair that with whatever is coming for driver and woods, and I am very excited about what the top of the bag will look like this year.

Callaway! Coming out hot!! Love this!! Love this. Such a good club. Just wish they released a 13 degree!

Looks like a great addition to the long end of the bag to complement the new iron offerings. Going to give these a long look.

Nice article. And it makes me wonder whether that UW should replace my 5W or not.:unsure: I like my 5W.

There's a spelling error in the article I think. Form instead of from maybe..--->. " On the outside, there is a new application of Callaway’s Cutwave sole form Paradym which they claim will make the UW more versatile from all lies than the first version." <---

Great write-up @Jman . I know you’re a huge fan of the UW, have you had a chance to hit the New vs. Old ? Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. I know you will soon have them in play if you don’t have them yet.
Not yet, but hopefully soon!

Back