2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Squats tonight. Worked up to a double at 190kg.

Heavy dead lifts supersetted with heavy squats followed by more leg work and a run was a bad idea.

No weights tonight, just punished myself with a 30 minute followed up by a 10 minute session on the rowing machine.

I will be 57 in a few weeks. For me, it started in earnest in August 2023. I've dropped 40 pounds by limiting carbs and portion size, and lifting heavy - fewer reps at higher weights. My lifting sessions are followed by a 45 minute speed walk and then flexibility and stretching. 3-4x per week. Rinse and repeat. 3" down in my waist, 2" in my neck, my back pain has disappeared, and I now weigh less than when I was married in 1991. It has helped tremendously that the lovely Mrs. Camjr is doing this along with me. It's never too young to start.

I am finally getting back into the gym, haven't been since Thursday because I spent my entire days waiting around for AC people and then taking care of Josh, but today I finally get to go back and I'm super excited!

Good bench press single, followed by 4 heavy triples. Two AMRAP press sets and 3x8 rows.

I then had a salad for dinner.

Power upper day
Bench 6x6
Row 5x6
Overhead press 5x5
Standing db ext 3x6
Hammer 3x6
Kettle swings

Usually I drop my daughter off then go to the gym in the morning or come back home and do a Peleton workout before work. My wife wanted a break from the baby and dropped my daughter off and took the dog to the park so I didn't work out this morning.

I have meetings coming up most of this afternoon and knew I wouldn't do it this evening because of the NFL draft so I did a 45-minute HIIT and Hills ride and 300 KB swings. Holy smokes am I crushed.

I’m in my bulking weeks now.Wife can’t believe how much protein (mainly chicken).I’m devouring on a daily basis.Three more weeks than I will start cutting.The body is such an amazing thing when you know how to use it

Just ran this morning. Will go back to the gym later to just lift.

I did some presses yesterday. 3 AMRAP sets. Then bench presses, dumbbell curls and lateral raises. Felt all sorts of jacked for the weekend.

Might treat today as an off day. Back is barking after an hour at range. Been grinding all week.

Rick Flair guy is awful

I lied. Going to do a low impact 30 minute ride. Nice and easy active recovery day. Easy enough with multiple hockey games on.

Good Lord. How the hell does one do that?
No clue. I see her dry scoop and I was like alright whatever, that’s no big deal. Then I saw the container and was like

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Deadlifting yesterday, was on my 5th set and as I got it an inch off the ground something popped on my right side rib cage area. No golf for a few weeks🤬
I have A LOT of experience with this. You need to take some NSAIDs, eat a little more food, little more sleep, and do your best to stay moving. Whatever the next gym day is, go to the gym. Motion is lotion. Movement will make it feel better.

Back