Review 2023 Titleist T100 Irons Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
When Titleist officially announced the new T-Series irons, it was met with a deluge of excitement and anticipation from golfers of all skillsets as it is a line that seemingly has something for everyone. However, somewhat lost among the streamlining of the lineup with the T150 is that the T100 remains the most played iron on Tour for all brands, not just Titleist. So, it was only natural for us to take a much closer look at the 2023 T100 irons to see up close and personal if they are poised to continue their dominance.

Continue reading...

Great review. I only tested them a bit during my fitting but I def should have hit more shots with them because they were impressively consistent.

Nice write up. Another great looking iron from Titleist. You are getting some great results out of them.

Great Write Up James! Your numbers and dispersion with these look really nice! Even with a shaft you said isn't the best fit for you.

While I don't think I will be buying these things, they are absolutely STUNNING to look at.

Good information @Jman !

• Staff
Hoped everyone might enjoy that format for data. Trying something new there for reviews!

Really good numbers there. I think the fact that coming from T100S you don't feel like you're losing too much is impressive.
And man these irons look goooood!

Good stuff right there and enjoyed the offtake direction on this one. Some killer looking sticks for sure!

Beauty review @Jman! Such a great looking iron, I’m super happy they kept the overall look in the t-150’s for those of us that need that little extra help

Great write up @Jman . Glad to hear that your experience moving from the T100s to the current T100 line was a good one.

Hoped everyone might enjoy that format for data. Trying something new there for reviews!
I like it, especially seeing how difference in spin affects the total yards.

With the 5i, comparing the highest spin at 5,825 to lowest at 5,250:

575 rpm difference, or 10% variance
4 yard difference in carry, or 2% variance
6 yard difference in total yards, or 3% variance

With the 7i, comparing the highest spin at 7,000 to lowest at 6,524:

476 rpm difference, or 7% variance
6 yard difference in carry, or 3% variance
4 yard difference in total yards, or 2% variance

With the 9i, comparing the highest spin at 8,300 to lowest at 7,850:

450 rpm difference, or 6% variance
1 yard difference in carry, or <1% variance
1 yard difference in total yards, or <1% variance

I enjoy seeing how the differences in spin affect that total yardage with different clubs, and even though you have different launch and spin conditions, once you get in to the 9i those difference still keep your overall distance pretty tight.

I like it, especially seeing how difference in spin affects the total yards.

With the 5i, comparing the highest spin at 5,825 to lowest at 5,250:

575 rpm difference, or 10% variance
4 yard difference in carry, or 2% variance
6 yard difference in total yards, or 3% variance

With the 7i, comparing the highest spin at 7,000 to lowest at 6,524:

476 rpm difference, or 7% variance
6 yard difference in carry, or 3% variance
4 yard difference in total yards, or 2% variance

With the 9i, comparing the highest spin at 8,300 to lowest at 7,850:

450 rpm difference, or 6% variance
1 yard difference in carry, or <1% variance
1 yard difference in total yards, or <1% variance

I enjoy seeing how the differences in spin affect that total yardage with different clubs, and even though you have different launch and spin conditions, once you get in to the 9i those difference still keep your overall distance pretty tight.
I’m definitely pleased as hell with the numbers.

Great write up @Jman thanks for taking the time.

I’m definitely pleased as hell with the numbers.
It was a good read about a great looking set of irons. By the numbers, looks like perform for you. Appreciate the insight!

Great numbers as expected. This is the one iron they couldn’t get wrong.

I did you hit these off mats or turf? If off mats those are some impressive launch numbers.

Your review was very well written, as always, James. The numbers are superb. Question… You have mentioned a few times that the TT AMT White is not the best fit for you. What would you expect to improve with those numbers, if the irons had a preferred shaft?

I'm very , very happy with my T150. But i was surprised at how big they were in terms of topline and sole. So it makes me think maybe i could've pretty easily gone T100

It's weird, when i compared the prior gen T100 to my 659 they looked smaller. But the T150 are a bit bigger.

I wish i could've seen the T100 in person. But no matter.....the T150s are sick also.

Nice review!

Gorgeous irons and great review! I reeeeaaalllly want to swing these…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good numbers there. I think the fact that coming from T100S you don't feel like you're losing too much is impressive.
And man these irons look goooood!
that fact is pretty intriguing to me as well

I know that much of the conversation on the T-Series is in that overall release thread because most have ended up in the 150's, 200's, etc., with much fewer going straight up 100's, but I thought me taking these back to the course the past couple of days while I did some work on my other irons merited bumping a review I'm really very proud of (check out the first post!).

Currently, I have the 5-PW in the bag and they are now rocking the UST Mamiya DART V TSPX (120 F5) in them with some badass ferrules as well. This move was done because I prefer graphite and me just wanting something more efficient than what the stock setup was for me.

Visually: These remain KILLER irons. They are insanely slept on because of how good the 150's are, but as a player who came from the T100S and wanted to keep the same dimensions while adding a little more spin, the 100's check those boxes. They're SO throwback in their looks in-hand to me, the script on the flange pops more and at setup you KNOW these are player's CB's.

Sound/Feel: I think these are the best sounding of the entire T-Series. The 150's are good as well, but the 200's and up WISH they had this feedback to them. There is no sharp clack which for so many years in the AP lineups we were told is the "Titleist Feel", instead these are solid sounding forged irons that leave a smile on your face through impact. At the same time, I know damn well when and where I miss, which for me is a good thing.

On Course: This is a fun combo. Honestly, it probably needs a deeper look at being the gamer set in 2024 for me as I just hit them so comfortably every time I hit them on the course or on the SkyTrak+. I'm in this phase where I like to be able to hit it high, low, left, and right with my irons, and these can do that for me, even when logistically it isn't the shot I SHOULD be trying to play...golf is supposed to be fun, right? My numbers are good and as I have settled into not trying to hit irons as far as I can all the time, they gap well and flow into whatever 50 degree I have in the bag that day.

These are so fun. They're small. They have demand to them. But man they are rewarding to me.

I know that much of the conversation on the T-Series is in that overall release thread because most have ended up in the 150's, 200's, etc., with much fewer going straight up 100's, but I thought me taking these back to the course the past couple of days while I did some work on my other irons merited bumping a review I'm really very proud of (check out the first post!).

Currently, I have the 5-PW in the bag and they are now rocking the UST Mamiya DART V TSPX (120 F5) in them with some badass ferrules as well. This move was done because I prefer graphite and me just wanting something more efficient than what the stock setup was for me.

Visually: These remain KILLER irons. They are insanely slept on because of how good the 150's are, but as a player who came from the T100S and wanted to keep the same dimensions while adding a little more spin, the 100's check those boxes. They're SO throwback in their looks in-hand to me, the script on the flange pops more and at setup you KNOW these are player's CB's.

Sound/Feel: I think these are the best sounding of the entire T-Series. The 150's are good as well, but the 200's and up WISH they had this feedback to them. There is no sharp clack which for so many years in the AP lineups we were told is the "Titleist Feel", instead these are solid sounding forged irons that leave a smile on your face through impact. At the same time, I know damn well when and where I miss, which for me is a good thing.

On Course: This is a fun combo. Honestly, it probably needs a deeper look at being the gamer set in 2024 for me as I just hit them so comfortably every time I hit them on the course or on the SkyTrak+. I'm in this phase where I like to be able to hit it high, low, left, and right with my irons, and these can do that for me, even when logistically it isn't the shot I SHOULD be trying to play...golf is supposed to be fun, right? My numbers are good and as I have settled into not trying to hit irons as far as I can all the time, they gap well and flow into whatever 50 degree I have in the bag that day.

These are so fun. They're small. They have demand to them. But man they are rewarding to me.
You mentioned that they fly about the same as your T100s clubs, but how was dispersion and height in comparison? Your short irons are very tightly dialed with a few yards left or right, even your 5i lands in a small circle. Was this the same for the T100s?

Hearing about the performance of the T100s in the hands of great players is awesome. They were fun to hit and even though they were not for me, they were not like hitting blades that are so far out of my league. The T series is such a good line.

Back