2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Interesting results today . I went in kind of expecting a full set of T200's.

Even though my clubhead speed was around 77 mph, my best results were with the T100.

I've got a shallow angle of attack and present my clubface really neutrally at impact (as in I don't have much shaft lean). The sound of the strike was so much better, and ballspeed was higher than the T150. There's an argument that last year's T100s would have been a good fit.

U505 4 iron HZRDUS 80 6.0, T200 5 Iron, T100 6-pw Steelfiber i95S 2 degree strong

I went in with Steelfiber 95S in mind and that was the best fit. Project X IO R was decent but the extra weight was not my friend. Kbs Tour V R was OK, but was missing left.

Also a possible trial of the AVX balls as well to lower spin a touch from Pro V.
So you went 2 degrees strong PW-6, or whole set? What went into the decision to go 2 degrees strong?

Yesterday, I hit the new T200 5 iron for the second time on the course. The hole was a par 3 that kind of gives me the fits. It is a little uphill and plays around 200 yards. The green is huge and has all kinds of slope going in different directions, so it is very easy to three putt. I measured the flag at 204 yards and thought it might be a little much for my 5 iron, but I would have had to take something off my 4 hybrid and you don’t want to be above the hole, so I chose 5 iron. I took my swing and one of the players in our foursome said, “that is a laser!” I ended up 7 feet from the hole, about hole high and I was able to make the putt for birdie.

View attachment 9201260

Same and similar with that t-200 5 iron…same again today 202, had full carry 199…stopped on fringe…incredible…amazing confidence with this club!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you went 2 degrees strong PW-6, or whole set? What went into the decision to go 2 degrees strong?
6-pw. I suppose there wasn't 1 reason but a bunch of factors.
1- it's an experiment which is very easy to switch back with the help of a proper clubmaker.
2- I was striking the Steelfiber 95s far more consistently than any other shaft. But in an ideal world it would launch and spin a touch less.
3- I was striking the T100 much better than the T150. But the stronger lofts of T150 would be better for my launch and spin.
4- Descent angle was around 50 degrees. Spin was around 6,4000. strengthening the lofts should bring that down nearer to 45 and 6000.

6-pw. I suppose there wasn't 1 reason but a bunch of factors.
1- it's an experiment which is very easy to switch back with the help of a proper clubmaker.
2- I was striking the Steelfiber 95s far more consistently than any other shaft. But in an ideal world it would launch and spin a touch less.
3- I was striking the T100 much better than the T150. But the stronger lofts of T150 would be better for my launch and spin.
4- Descent angle was around 50 degrees. Spin was around 6,4000. strengthening the lofts should bring that down nearer to 45 and 6000.
Good deal. The reason I’m asking is that I was also fit for 2 degrees strong. Mainly due to ball spin and flight. Enjoy the new irons!

Truly love seeing all the different blended sets that are coming out of these fittings and so on!

Hoping to get my fitting for these irons this week. Can’t wait to hit them!

What was your set make up? And what shafts?
T200, AMT White S300, 4-GW 2*up/2*strong. I’m a sweeper with high ball flight, high spin.

I really thought I would end up in T200 throughout the set. And they look great.

I really expected the T200 and 350 to look much larger than they do. The T350 looks great this year

Finally pulled the T100 heads, installing DART V TSPX 120F5 and badass ferrules tonight.

The 105 Darts are smooth. The 120s make me salivate.

After a lot of golf this past weekend (18 hole match play match, 36 Friday and 36 Saturday I can say these irons are perfect for me. I love the accessending weight on the shafts. After this weekend my handicap came down another stroke. Only thing of thinking of adding is perhaps the gap wedge as well

Finally pulled the T100 heads, installing DART V TSPX 120F5 and badass ferrules tonight.
please post details on dispersion with these shafts, HIGHLY considering swapping out my brand new shafts off T-150's for these...I hav ehtem in my wedges already, and love them...

had been playing Recoil Proto's and the KBS TOurV's pulled in the dispersion SO much...

After a lot of golf this past weekend (18 hole match play match, 36 Friday and 36 Saturday I can say these irons are perfect for me. I love the accessending weight on the shafts. After this weekend my handicap came down another stroke. Only thing of thinking of adding is perhaps the gap wedge as well

have it, love it..MTdream is not a candidate or office, but supports this message, and does not endorse any other candidate for this slot in my bag :p

No, I have NOT turned the ferrules down yet. Will soon, so deal with it. 🤣😜

IMG_4485.jpegIMG_4486.jpegIMG_4487.jpegIMG_4488.jpegIMG_4489.jpegIMG_4490.jpeg

I so want to hit these however I can't get myself to pay the $100 Titleist Fitting fee and I usually don't trust PGATSS/GG fittings.
Oh what it do, what to do....

Those are just striking, so simple. Love the look of those, doubt I could hit them, but man are they fun to look at.

What shafts are they? I'm getting steelfibers, and I'm always a little sceptical ferrules that colourful would look good with the champagne colour of the shafts. But those are incredible.
UST Mamiya DART V TSPX 120's! (y)

Good first day with the DART V 120's in these, I do need to check the SW on them and get them bent upright still, but, the first time out was very promising.

Those are just striking, so simple. Love the look of those, doubt I could hit them, but man are they fun to look at.
If I can hit them you can hit them. The T 150 are easier to hit that I thought they would be. Coming from the small hogans prob helped with that

Also the U505 is a weapon off of the tee. Love it on short par 4’s and long par 3’s

Back