2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Still have yet to play or hit a range, but hit a few shots on a LM today and I’m def impressed with the speed the T150 can produce. Hoping to find a bit of time this weekend to hit balls at an outdoor range.

IMG_0738.jpeg

I hit the T200 4i as much as I could today to get some more data. It came through incredibly well; off the tee and off the turf. The forgiveness in the long irons is incredible. I can pull the 4i left a bit, but I am off by 10 yards or so. I don't miss with a snap hook nor a high-spinny shot like with my hybrid and old fairway wood. The hybrid has become a redundant club (21* hybrid, 4I @ 21*)

Today's tee shots:
1709328689656.png
Last 15 rounds:
1709328848588.png
Today's approach shots:
1709328741726.png
Last 15:
1709328904132.png

Today's Green Success:
1709328770950.png
Last 15:
1709328980146.png

My swing was trash first six holes today. But after that I was throwing some darts with the t150’s. Playing again tomorrow, hopefully a better start .

Titleist did a little series with their woods and finding speed. Here's their series with irons and finding feel. I really like stuff like this.

First time hitting the t200 4iron..

Averaged ball speed 123.6
Swing speed in the 92 range
5iron. 118.7 bs
91.7 swing.. seems to be in the range of 5+ bs..

Haven’t hit my T150/T200 combo set outdoors yet but played my 5th SIM round this morning with couple of my buddies who I haven’t seen since the fall. I am always a slow adopter when changing irons for some reason as opposed to woods but this morning I finally was striping my irons.

We played Same course the PGA tour is playing this week and hit a high percentage of green and ball flight was great. Had multiple 5 irons into greens that I hit close to 200 yds which is unheard of for me coming from TCB’s. I hope today’s success continues into 2024. So far super happy with the combo set and today they demonstrated the stripe show I had in the fitting last September.

Haven’t hit my T150/T200 combo set outdoors yet but played my 5th SIM round this morning with couple of my buddies who I haven’t seen since the fall. I am always a slow adopter when changing irons for some reason as opposed to woods but this morning I finally was striping my irons.

We played Same course the PGA tour is playing this week and hit a high percentage of green and ball flight was great. Had multiple 5 irons into greens that I hit close to 200 yds which is unheard of for me coming from TCB’s. I hope today’s success continues into 2024. So far super happy with the combo set and today they demonstrated the stripe show I had in the fitting last September.

The T150s are very long. I have a set of Sub70 659 that have the exact same lofts and i am at least a 1/2 club longer with the T150. On the par 3's at my club i am usually a club less now.

Sloppy round in the rain. While huddling under my umbrella, I looked at the split set up close and really like the look of the T150’s. The brushed look is better than the chrome. (Makes sense-all my wedges have been black or brushed over the years). The cavity in the back is sharp, too.

But…
I will never talk ill about the T200’s. More comparison of the long irons to their hybrid counterparts. Lower flight, less flares right and left= confidence. It feels better to look at an iron head than a hybrid or fairway wood.

I got in some work on TrackMan yesterday. I have never played irons that do for me what these do. Here are my 7 iron numbers, using a Chrome Tour:

Club speed: 82.4
ball speed: 118 (no that is not a typo. Crazy efficiency for a 7 iron, given the club speed)
smash: 1.43
spin: 5580
attack: -1
club path: 4.6
face angle: .7
peak height: 101’
descent angle: 46.2*
carry: 167.1 yards
total: 167.5 yards

There literally is no way that I could have better numbers with a 7 iron, unless I can somehow turn the clock back 20 years.

We are back under six inches of snow here. Enjoy.
I’m under no delusion this will last! Luckily I’ll be headed to Myrtle at the end of March and hoping for good weather then.

Another round yesterday. Just so happy with the T150, no desire to change irons. Any decent swings end with good results. GIR continues to improve.

Titleist did a little series with their woods and finding speed. Here's their series with irons and finding feel. I really like stuff like this.

they're running a giveaway of a set of T-series irons to go with it.
- subscribe to the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@titleist
- make a comment on the Finding Feel video:

the episode is so good. the sound recordings at the 5-minute mark definitely make the pleasure centers in your brain light up!

Sloppy round in the rain. While huddling under my umbrella, I looked at the split set up close and really like the look of the T150’s. The brushed look is better than the chrome. (Makes sense-all my wedges have been black or brushed over the years). The cavity in the back is sharp, too.

But…
I will never talk ill about the T200’s. More comparison of the long irons to their hybrid counterparts. Lower flight, less flares right and left= confidence. It feels better to look at an iron head than a hybrid or fairway wood.
I am 100% with you on all of this. The T150's (and of course T100's, but I don't have any of those) are 100% the best looking iron I've ever had in my bag (with the possible exception of the Adams CMB's from a decade ago...but it's close). But the performance of the T200's speed and forgiveness wise is just silly, and you would be just as silly to not take advantage of that when you see improved performance - which for me is at 8i on up.

Got in a round yesterday and the T-150/200 set continues to be a star for me. I hit 7 GIR, which doesn't sound very good, BUT I had 2 right on the fringe that were easily puttable and a third which was a GIR except for a penalty stroke off the tee, so it played more like 10 GIR. Gained almost 2 strokes on a 10 handicap per Shot Scope yesterday - essentially hitting irons like a 5 handicap. They continue to just be fire and forget most of the time for me. I caught a few thin, and they generally stayed pretty close to the line and got very respectable distance on those awful swings. Can't ask for much more.

The T200 4i and 5i continue to stand out and are just fairway finders on positional tee shots and weapons on long approaches into tough par 4's or gettable par 5's. There is one shorter par 5 hole at the course yesterday which has a cutoff water hazard at about 240 from the tee. Hit 4i off the tee about 215, leaving another uphill 4i to get on in two. Tagged that one nicely, but came up a little short of the green. Still, I can't think of the last time I've had enough confidence in a 4i OR 4h to hit it twice on the same hole with full confidence. Both shots were laser straight, which is such a huge win for me.

Just a few range sessions lately. These continue to shine, just soft and forgiving.

Just a few range sessions lately. These continue to shine, just soft and forgiving.
Wait a minute. You just reported on a round from Saturday. That is “lately” to me. 😂. Some of us are under snow still.

Solid 9 hole round with these yesterday. 2nd round in a row with two or more birdies. Just love the spin and forgiveness you get from a low strike on the face.

Swing flaws are rearing their heads again, but I didn't lose a ball nor did I get too far off track. Thankfully these irons help me stay on the same hole when the swing implodes.

The bright side was I think I found my issue (stance, reaching for the ball, shallow take away + 15 other things) and the round ended well. Wind in my face, clubbing up to the long irons still has me feeling ok over a shot. The 6 through 4 irons have become favorites; they do not get too crazy to the right or left.

The T200 2i will be in the bag!

I am back from the Titleist fitting day near me and had a chance to try out the long irons again. I hit the U505 2 iron, T200 3 iron and 2 iron utility builds alongside my hybrid and T200 4i that are already in my bag.

The T200 3i turned out to be another 4i for me. I could hit it further but it usually landed near where an ok to good shot with the 4i was.

The U505 and T200 2i were much better. The U505 is easier to hit and more forgiving but was not traveling as far and was very high and spinny on a lot of shots. This was the same issue I had at last year’s fitting.

The T200 2i utility had much better flight and spin and stayed within my usual target line. (I am not hitting irons well lately, but there were no new surprises on the monitor).

I love the lines of the irons. The thicker head of hybrids and the U505 looks odd to me, and both can get much too high in the air. Most of my shots were between 100 and 120 feet. Add in a lot of back spin and I wasn’t seeing the distance I want at the top of the bag. The T200 stayed around 80-90 feet and I like the consistency of a 2i with my other long irons.

I need to work on iron contact since the pulls are still a factor but based on the numbers, I know why. Here is one of my swings with the T200 2i. Too much spin but good gapping with my 4i.

IMG_8950.jpeg

The T150 irons are such a fun conversation. They seem to present a really reasonable amount of spin for me while launching plenty off the PX LS shafts. I had a few the other day specifically into the wind that went well beyond my expectations, and I consider that a promising reality where I'd normally just balloon into disaster.

That said, I had a playing partner hit a few into wind and he didn't fair as well because he did the prototypical 'swing hard and down' and there's no coming back from that move hahaha - these don't work miracles.

The biggest takeaway I've had when I've had them in the bag is that they just sound AWESOME. Great strikes are super rich, okay strikes are fair but not awful, and awful strikes sound like you can do better haha! I definitely lean into an iron that gives a rewarding sound to a good strike, and man do these irons ever get the job done.

Curious to hear about more THPers getting these in hand from a sound and forgiveness perspective. I maintain that I think the range of playability to handicap is super broad.

The T150 irons are such a fun conversation. They seem to present a really reasonable amount of spin for me while launching plenty off the PX LS shafts. I had a few the other day specifically into the wind that went well beyond my expectations, and I consider that a promising reality where I'd normally just balloon into disaster.

That said, I had a playing partner hit a few into wind and he didn't fair as well because he did the prototypical 'swing hard and down' and there's no coming back from that move hahaha - these don't work miracles.

The biggest takeaway I've had when I've had them in the bag is that they just sound AWESOME. Great strikes are super rich, okay strikes are fair but not awful, and awful strikes sound like you can do better haha! I definitely lean into an iron that gives a rewarding sound to a good strike, and man do these irons ever get the job done.

Curious to hear about more THPers getting these in hand from a sound and forgiveness perspective. I maintain that I think the range of playability to handicap is super broad.
Agree on the sound/feedback comments. Pretty much spot on with my experience. Center strikes feel excellent and the more you stray the more she lets you know.

I've been using T150 since late August. They feel OK.....I agree they are pretty much the perfect good players club. They fall somewhere between players distance and pure forged cavity.

They don't feel as buttery smooth as like a P7MC or 0317CB....But they have a lot more feel than many of the traditional hollow irons. But it's still a little "smacky" if you know what i mean. But if you're coming from like an older 790 , i500 or 2021 Apex Pro or something like that they will feel much better IMO

Anyone from + to like a 12 index could use these very confidently. And they are very long.

In trackman, i am carrying these further by 3-5 yds consistently versus my Sub70 that have the exact same loft and length

Put this in the T100 review thread already, but I’ll place it here as well:

I know that much of the conversation on the T-Series is in that overall release thread because most have ended up in the 150's, 200's, etc., with much fewer going straight up 100's, but I thought me taking these back to the course the past couple of days while I did some work on my other irons merited bumping a review I'm really very proud of (check out the first post!).

Currently, I have the 5-PW in the bag and they are now rocking the UST Mamiya DART V TSPX (120 F5) in them with some badass ferrules as well. This move was done because I prefer graphite and me just wanting something more efficient than what the stock setup was for me.

Visually: These remain KILLER irons. They are insanely slept on because of how good the 150's are, but as a player who came from the T100S and wanted to keep the same dimensions while adding a little more spin, the 100's check those boxes. They're SO throwback in their looks in-hand to me, the script on the flange pops more and at setup you KNOW these are player's CB's.

Sound/Feel: I think these are the best sounding of the entire T-Series. The 150's are good as well, but the 200's and up WISH they had this feedback to them. There is no sharp clack which for so many years in the AP lineups we were told is the "Titleist Feel", instead these are solid sounding forged irons that leave a smile on your face through impact. At the same time, I know damn well when and where I miss, which for me is a good thing.

On Course: This is a fun combo. Honestly, it probably needs a deeper look at being the gamer set in 2024 for me as I just hit them so comfortably every time I hit them on the course or on the SkyTrak+. I'm in this phase where I like to be able to hit it high, low, left, and right with my irons, and these can do that for me, even when logistically it isn't the shot I SHOULD be trying to play...golf is supposed to be fun, right? My numbers are good and as I have settled into not trying to hit irons as far as I can all the time, they gap well and flow into whatever 50 degree I have in the bag that day.

These are so fun. They're small. They have demand to them. But man they are rewarding to me.

Back