2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

Haven't even put any of the V in the bag yet. Excited to compare to the left dot!

Played my regular X on Monday, but in yellow for the first time. It was cool, didn't mess with my brain at all haha. Idk that I'll keep it yellow, but it's fun for now.

Had a really interesting thing the last 2 rounds I played. I used Srixon Z-Star XV last year and really enjoyed it but was not seeing green side spin I wanted so I went with a ProV1X this winter and have been playing them all spring. I went back to the Z-Star XV last Friday and was hitting all my good drives about 225-230 which felt a little short for me lately. Went back to ProV1X this morning and was right back to 235-240 this morning. I’m a little curious what makes the ProV1X longer for me as the XV seems to fly a little higher. The ProV1X also demolished the XV on the form fast greens we have had around here. Not surprised there as a ProV1X is the best short game ball IMO. I just didn’t expect it to be 10ish yards longer than another premium ball for me and my club head speed. Need to go get on a launch monitor and see what the mechanics are there.

Fun with the V1x today. Hadn't played it in a bit but still a really good match for me. Love the crack off the tee, great match with my irons, and it has to be most durable premium ball out there. Dang things are practically kevlar coated, which is handy when you have soft areas mixed with ones that were lost to our storms and are pretty bare. Good stuff. Curious how it'll be paired with my new Cobra clubs.

Played another round in with the X and love how it reacts around the greens. Durability seems to be holding up better than others I’ve played this year which is a treat.

Fun with the V1x today. Hadn't played it in a bit but still a really good match for me. Love the crack off the tee, great match with my irons, and it has to be most durable premium ball out there. Dang things are practically kevlar coated, which is handy when you have soft areas mixed with ones that were lost to our storms and are pretty bare. Good stuff. Curious how it'll be paired with my new Cobra clubs.

i ran out of my stock of csx and have been too lazy to get to the store for a reload. i've been using shag balls, but also bought some sleeves at courses to test during rounds. pv1x has been pretty outstanding. long off the tee, excellent spin on approaches and around greens, and i really enjoyed the feel off the putter. the durability really stood out to me, too. i had one greenside bunker shot and nipped it pretty well: not a blemish on the ball. as much as i hate the price, i think this will be my ball going forward.

i ran out of my stock of csx and have been too lazy to get to the store for a reload. i've been using shag balls, but also bought some sleeves at courses to test during rounds. pv1x has been pretty outstanding. long off the tee, excellent spin on approaches and around greens, and i really enjoyed the feel off the putter. the durability really stood out to me, too. i had one greenside bunker shot and nipped it pretty well: not a blemish on the ball. as much as i hate the price, i think this will be my ball going forward.
I think that I literally can play either the CSX or the PV1X and not see any difference in my scores. I also have played the Z Star XV quite a bit this year and would throw it in the same batch. I know that the Z Star XV spins less than the other two, but my short game is not good enough to really see a difference, as long as the ball is a Tour level ball. My game is mostly about trying to hit a good drive into the fairway and hitting the green. For each round, I am pretty much a par golfer on the 10 to 12 holes per round when I do that. I might have a three putt, but I also might have a birdie or two. The rest of my holes, I probably get up and down about 35 or 40% of the time.

Adding that all up, it gives me my 77 or 78 that I usually shoot, along with those lower scores that keep me at around a 5 index. So, when it is all said and done, I need a Tour level ball that is long within the realm of Tour level balls. I like both the PV1X and the CSX for my needs. I definitely like PV1X more than PV1.

I think that I literally can play either the CSX or the PV1X and not see any difference in my scores. I also have played the Z Star XV quite a bit this year and would throw it in the same batch. I know that the Z Star XV spins less than the other two, but my short game is not good enough to really see a difference, as long as the ball is a Tour level ball. My game is mostly about trying to hit a good drive into the fairway and hitting the green. For each round, I am pretty much a par golfer on the 10 to 12 holes per round when I do that. I might have a three putt, but I also might have a birdie or two. The rest of my holes, I probably get up and down about 35 or 40% of the time.

Adding that all up, it gives me my 77 or 78 that I usually shoot, along with those lower scores that keep me at around a 5 index. So, when it is all said and done, I need a Tour level ball that is long within the realm of Tour level balls. I like both the PV1X and the CSX for my needs. I definitely like PV1X more than PV1.

the first time i tried pv1x i also tried pv1 that round (and some others) and i agree the pv1x was a much better ball for me.

Played V1x consistently this year and then -V1x at the end of the season, and both were excellent performers. Have to say I prefer left dash, just seems to explode off the face and go for forever, but my wallet doesn't enjoy them so much :ROFLMAO:

Trying to work through some ball inventory so put the yellow Pro V1 in play today. First impression when I first played it was I didn’t like the feel around the greens as much as Chrome Tour line, but it felt good today. Ball seemed to fly far and straight, and performed great around the greens.

Played V1x against Chrome Tour and Bstone Tour X the past few rounds based on Ballnamic’s recommendation. The balls are all fantastic but the V1x is just so solid in pretty much every aspect. If it were a bit softer, without compromising anything performance related, I’d love it more.

Going to put CTX against V1x next time out.

Played V1x against Chrome Tour and Bstone Tour X the past few rounds based on Ballnamic’s recommendation. The balls are all fantastic but the V1x is just so solid in pretty much every aspect. If it were a bit softer, without compromising anything performance related, I’d love it more.

Left for would be wonderful.. lol

To me, for the pitifully slow speeds I swing, the Tour B X and Pro V1x are just about completely interchangeable. I really have a hard time seeing or hearing any difference between them except for the Pro V1x seems to fly just a teeny bit higher off my driver. They even sound the same when chipping and putting, to me.

Shot a career low round with the Pro V1 today. Don't want too much into that, but also obviously is really clicking with what I'm trying to do out there

Left for would be wonderful.. lol

To me, for the pitifully slow speeds I swing, the Tour B X and Pro V1x are just about completely interchangeable. I really have a hard time seeing or hearing any difference between them except for the Pro V1x seems to fly just a teeny bit higher off my driver. They even sound the same when chipping and putting, to me.
I’m giving Callaway’s new aero package and softer cover a big thumbs up! Side wind stability of the CT was excellent! It was pushed by the wind but not nearly as much as Pro V1x however the spin differences between the balls may account for some of what I saw. I’d play the CT but the drop in iron spin has wreaked havoc with hitting my “number”. I’m now adjusting for the extra 1/2 club I’m seeing. I’m more of an X guy so I’m hoping the CTX has similar wind stability but with more spin to help me stay at my stock yardages.

I can’t put my finger on what it is about Tour BX that didn’t thrill me. Maybe in hindsight it’s the lack of a glaring flaw that leaves me luke warm towards it when this should be acknowledged as a positive thing. I just feel Bridgestone needs to promote their balls more. It’s going to get another run this time I’ll head to head it against V1x so I’m more attentive to its performance.

The 2024 premium ball offering are all great. I like to commit to a ball for the season by June. Wind performance and short game spin have become very important to my game so the ball I choose to play has to be strong in these departments.

Last edited:
Back