2023 Sun Mountain Sync Bag

bajapalm

it seems so simple..
Reaction score
Handicap
Just ordered one of these.
Will post pictures and review once I get it next week.
I walk with my ClicGear almost all the time so that was my focus.
My old bag is also a Sync but about 6 years old and everything is just worn out but it has lasted a long time and many, many rounds.

What colorway did you go with? Is the top divider the same as your 2016 version? If so, how do you put your clubs in?

1666058461380.png

I went red/black -
The blue looked ok too
The new sync set up is way different
Mine has the "standard" 14 way top
The new ones are designed to put the driver/woods/hybrids in the middle
As someone with 5 headcovers - driver, UW, 3,4,5 hybrids and putting them all on top I couldn't even see my other clubs

It arrived today!
Must say it looks awesome
It has a lot of storage much more than my previous sync
Zippers and pulls all feel high quality
Playing Wednesday and Thursday this week and walking w my clicgear so should have feedback soon
Got to figure out how I’m going to set up all the many pockets and nooks and crannies it has!

Pics coming I’m having problems uploading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg

My old set up for reference
IMG_0336.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg

I used one for about 7 years and it was my favorite bag I have ever had. It is pretty worn but could certainly still use it if need be. Probably about the same as your old bag. Would have gone with another one about 2 years ago when I got a new bag but got tired of them being constantly on backorder so went a different route. I'm sure I will go back to the Sync next time I need a new bag. My current bag will not last nearly as long as the old Sync did. Also always used mine on a pushcart.

That divider.....

I walk 90% of the time with a clicgear 4.0. I’ve had my eye on this bag as well for my next bag purchase.

How does it sit/fit with the clicgear?

I walk 90% of the time with a clicgear 4.0. I’ve had my eye on this bag as well for my next bag purchase.

How does it sit/fit with the clicgear?
Good question. I set it up last night as I am playing in about an hour. It sits kind of high. There is a big channel on the bottom which is designed for the SM cart. It didn't seem to twist or anything but the top bungees were on top of the highest zippers. I could run the bungees through the cart strap "tunnel" - I'll have more feedback as I am playing the next 2 days.

IMG_0339.jpg
IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0341.jpg
I do love the way the irons nest on the side! You can see the bungee in the pit that I pulled it up a bit
Greg

That divider.....

Yup!! If you only have 3 headcovers it will be fantastic on a push cart - maybe I don't need them on all my hybrids? My wife saw me setting it up (living room of course) and said I should buy new headcovers :rolleyes:

Walked yesterday and put the top straps through the cart strap slots and under the top pocket as designed.
I LOVE it!
Worked great, clubs went in and out real easy, didn't twist and I love the pocket set ups
I even have empty pockets!!

IMG_0342.jpg
Just a quick pic on the way to the first tee - but my top strap is there but totally hidden

Used it again today on a very hilly course
Still very stable and I'm really liking the pockets
I may loosen my top bungee a bit as it’s pretty tight.
Other than that I think I’m set. Not sure how it sets on the SM cart?
Another picture from today and you can see how the top straps work better
IMG_0349.jpg

If this bag had the Bagboy top-lock feature it would be perfect.

Or I could buy this bag, then put the top-lock on it from an old Bagboy bag.

Walked with now 4 times. Thought I might need the SM cart but no slipping and even less twisting than w my old bag.
running the straps thru the strap channel kind of locks it in pretty good. Started taking my hybrid headcovers off too and it's a clean look!

467e8c3fca96157311bd905593f2c0a7.jpg

They didn't fix the biggest caveat for me.....the rain cover doesn't cover the putter slot. C'mon Sun Mountain really?

I haven’t tried that yet. Probably never even use it but I’ll check

Ok so it works fine on my clicgear but looking at that bottom in the garage and thought a little base would be easy to fabricate so I’ll let the pictures do the talking

faff8f5edb9d1d38b567bedf22155e52.jpg

3d770f561bc003eb9b8605b2d55cf271.jpg

Back