CONTEST 2023 Srixon Experience Live Update Thread

It’s been so hard.

Emergency Medicine Bite Tongue GIF by FemInEM

Just another example of THPers being the first consumers in the world with the equipment in hand

Such a Tease...

Alright boys, time to spill on the wedges that couldn’t be revealed. Were waiting!

So I wanted to put this question here so others that went to the event could also answer.
Now that you have time to reflect on your play here, you mentioned you'd carry a 6h.
Would bag 3/4/5/6 hybrids and go 7i?
Anyone else build a "Bag" differently now that you have played Briggs Ranch?

@Hawk
@Steve2100
@Slowmo
@odom730
@bigbov
@baylrballa
@Chef23
@ToddJ027b
@Joshnoble01
The 6h thing is because the best shot we saw on that hole in 2 days (and remember we played 12 man scramble so lots of shots) was hit w/ @Joshnoble01 's mighty 6h.

So I wanted to put this question here so others that went to the event could also answer.
Now that you have time to reflect on your play here, you mentioned you'd carry a 6h.

@Hawk
@Steve2100
@Slowmo
@odom730
@bigbov
@baylrballa
@Chef23
@ToddJ027b
@Joshnoble01
Not specifically because of Briggs Ranch.

As far as the Srixon bag I think the MKII hybrids flow perfectly with the irons and I feel like they are perfect iron replacement clubs. I have had no gapping issues with the 6h flowing into my 7i with the ZX4. They aren't rocket launchers. The 6h is just a magic safety blanket club. I would always want to make sure my gaps are covered but I love it.

The shot @Hawk with it was a thing of beauty. I think if the shot had actually gone in we would have all just started levitating.

@Hawk
@Steve2100
@Slowmo
@odom730
@bigbov
@baylrballa
@Chef23
@ToddJ027b
@Joshnoble01
I think the only thing I would have done differently is have one less wedge and add a 4 iron. I now carry a ZX5 4 iron along with my 5-AW set. I really like the irons so much I'd either adjust my wedges or not even go with a hybrid so I could get the 4i in the bag. I've adjusted my bag since the event a little, but with the irons, just added one, didn't take any irons out.

@Hawk
@Steve2100
@Slowmo
@odom730
@bigbov
@baylrballa
@Chef23
@ToddJ027b
@Joshnoble01
I wouldn't have done anything any different but I"m not a hybrid guy anyway. I've never hit a hybrid that I could keep on the planet, they all just go so far left. I"m also not uncomfortable hitting long irons and the Zx5 provides enough forgiveness to hit them well in the long iron slots for me.

@Hawk
@Steve2100
@Slowmo
@odom730
@bigbov
@baylrballa
@Chef23
@ToddJ027b
@Joshnoble01
I only have a 5 hybrid. 6 hybrid went about the same as my 6 iron. 7wood would be about the same as the 4 hybrid.

@Hawk
@Steve2100
@Slowmo
@odom730
@bigbov
@baylrballa
@Chef23
@ToddJ027b
@Joshnoble01
I have the 4h. Given the choice now, I would have gotten a 3h as well. But not at the expense of an iron. It would have been in place of the 7w.

@Hawk
@Steve2100
@Slowmo
@odom730
@bigbov
@baylrballa
@Chef23
@ToddJ027b
@Joshnoble01
Good question. In retrospect, yes I'd add more hybrids to my bag, but not just because of Briggs. Mostly because I suck at golf and it makes things easier. There's a HUGE difference on the mental side looking down at a 5h vs a 5i for me.

Definitely rectifying that this year.

As for the rest of my bag, I would have added a set AW and gone with three wedges I think. Maybe begged for a Hy-Wood.

Originally I just hung the signed flag but I got it framed a couple weeks ago. Turned out well.
IMG_8434.jpeg

Back