2023 Lamkin Grips Preview

I've never played Lamkin grips, but I recently ordered some ST Hybrids that I was going to swap onto all of my clubs. I currently Play Golf Pride MCC+4 midsize, wondering what the Lamkin equivalent would be to that? I like the look of the UTX, especially in blue. From the writeup, I'm wondering if I should have gone with the UTX instead of the ST Hybrids. :unsure:
I had always played Lamkin Cord (I like it rough) but during Covid even after waiting 3 months I was unable to get my midsize. Ended up getting the mmc 4s. They're ok but think I'll go back and try utx in green.

Played sonars for a couple rounds on a set of clubs I borrowed to check out one length. Enjoyed them. Can see myself giving the new sonar blacks a try

I've never played Lamkin grips, but I recently ordered some ST Hybrids that I was going to swap onto all of my clubs. I currently Play Golf Pride MCC+4 midsize, wondering what the Lamkin equivalent would be to that? I like the look of the UTX, especially in blue. From the writeup, I'm wondering if I should have gone with the UTX instead of the ST Hybrids. :unsure:

They must have remodeled the UTX. I had some that came with a Callaway club or two years ago and it was okay but slicked out too quickly for me. It is a firm grip. I like something with a little "give" that is cord but last year went ST+2 Hybrid. Nice grip, just clean it frequently to get the tack back. I find Lamkins typically last longer. I like some of their tech. If I did not have about 12 No. 1 Grips, I'd try the Sonar Blacks. Nice looking. Good luck.

Nice the Blacks look great. Did you have the black/blues in the past? Which ones do you like better? I can see one color for the irons and the other color for the woods being kind of cool.
Yes I’ve used the black/blue ones since the release of them. The new blacks feel more tacky. That’s how I have mine now driver is black and blue. Give them a try there Fantastic

Any idea when the new UTx colors will hit the shelves? I've been looking for a z-cord replacement and like the new color options apart from the gray.

Any idea when the new UTx colors will hit the shelves? I've been looking for a z-cord replacement and like the new color options apart from the gray.
Blue and Green should be 4/30 from what Lamkin said in an IG post.

Just put the green UTx Midsize on my wedges, and have blue ones for my irons when they need to be regripped. I've always liked the UTx grips, but went away from them when they dropped all the colors except gray. I really like the looks of these new colors, and the UTx has always been a great grip.

index.php

yeah love that blue version. I still have some of the original batch Masters ones that I haven't thrown on anything. I remember the first blue/redish combo one, when they went on sale I must have purchased 50 of them and used that stock over many years.

I'm coming to like the green one I put on the driver more. Different than I have on most of my other clubs but great grip without being overly hard or corded.

Played the old UTx and liked it. That blue with what looks like a little yellow in the cord color looks great.

How do the UTX compare to the ST+2 hybrids for those who've used both?

How do the UTX compare to the ST+2 hybrids for those who've used both?
Really different honestly. Outside of both being made by Lamkin, there are not all that similar.

This is a great color combo. My next regripping needs to consider Lamkin based on their color options.

that blue looks great. was hoping Callaway would offer these in the new Apex Pros but last I looked, they weren't an option

Love me some UTx. Been playing those near exclusively for the last few years on most clubs. Really annoyed me when I requested them on my Callaway build and they came as an uncorded version. Blasphemy!!

Anyone play the black sonar+? How does it compare to the previous gen black/blue?

Anyone have feedback on how well the Sonar+ hold up in humidity and long term wear? Thinking of a change and the Lampkin grip selector spits these out for me.

been jonesing for some of the UTX cord blue grips.

Anyone have feedback on how well the Sonar+ hold up in humidity and long term wear? Thinking of a change and the Lampkin grip selector spits these out for me.

Sonar+ black blue wears really well. Curious if there's any difference for the new Black one.

Back