2023 Cobra KING TEC Utility Irons

Why is the club not getting more chatter? Hit the 5u today and it felt freakin fantastic.

Beyond the feel, the launch was really impressive. I had no issue getting it to stop on a green on the par 3 I pulled it on and on an approach I thinned it some and still had some get up a go.

Makes me wonder about how I’m going to build my bag for the year.

Why is the club not getting more chatter? Hit the 5u today and it felt freakin fantastic.

Beyond the feel, the launch was really impressive. I had no issue getting it to stop on a green on the par 3 I pulled it on and on an approach I thinned it some and still had some get up a go.

I agree with you on feel. Hit a couple nukes with the OL 3u today. Fighting my swing a bit so they weren’t great directionally, but felt great and went a long ways for being OL.

I’ve been using the OL 5u as my 6i but also used it several times from iffy, mostly muddy lies, when I didn’t need its full distance but wanted to have the wider sole, and it worked great.

Wouldn't work in my current setup I don't think, but if I go with a VL setup in the future I'm definitely giving the 2u a try.

I agree with you on feel. Hit a couple nukes with the OL 3u today. Fighting my swing a bit so they weren’t great directionally, but felt great and went a long ways for being OL.

I’ve been using the OL 5u as my 6i but also used it several times from iffy, mostly muddy lies, when I didn’t need its full distance but wanted to have the wider sole, and it worked great.

Wouldn't work in my current setup I don't think, but if I go with a VL setup in the future I'm definitely giving the 2u a try.
I’m debating if a 4 OL for tee balls makes sense or if i get the 5 VL to replace a hybrid

It’s quite good, for me the Apex Pro just nudged it out. But it is certainly not talked about enough.

You took 2 swings with it today and they were beautiful. I assume you’ve already ordered one right?

You took 2 swings with it today and they were beautiful. I assume you’ve already ordered one right?
If I had found a used one with that set-up I probably would have by now, honestly.

Are these fairly bendable for lie angle?

So that’s why I missed the green on 18 😂
Or it could be why you hit the green on 16. Now try and figure out which is correct :p

Or it could be why you hit the green on 16. Now try and figure out which is correct :p
Don’t bring logic to my current love story 🤣

Last 2 days we’ve had 15+ mph wind, and the OL 3i has been a hoot to play with. Multiple really solid shots directly into the wind.

I just ordered the 5-utility to pair with my Tour irons. I have a 4-utility, however have found my G430 4-hybrid to better bridge from 5-wood. This should help me better gap from the 4-hybrid into the irons, and give me a better 205ish tee club. Bag is feeling great with Ping woods and the Cobra irons!

I did a thing.... looking forward to playing this weekend and doing work with it on short, tree lined fairways

I did a thing.... looking forward to playing this weekend and doing work with it on short, tree lined fairways
Which one did you get?

Which one did you get?
I went one length 4 utility. I considered the 3u but think long term that little bit added loft will help.

100% impulse buy I was researching the courses and tees I am playing with some friends this weekend. Shot Scope My Strategy kept showing that if I can consistently knock out 190-200 out in the fairway I will be in good shape. I could certainly play a 4 hybrid into that range, but really want to test if the one length concept has any legs, plus the feel of these clubs are great. Plan is to drop my 4w out of the bag as I don't really need that extra yardage from the tee and the risk/reward on the par 5's just doesn't seem to be there.

Who knows, maybe my next iron set in OL....

I went one length 4 utility. I considered the 3u but think long term that little bit added loft will help.

100% impulse buy I was researching the courses and tees I am playing with some friends this weekend. Shot Scope My Strategy kept showing that if I can consistently knock out 190-200 out in the fairway I will be in good shape. I could certainly play a 4 hybrid into that range, but really want to test if the one length concept has any legs, plus the feel of these clubs are great. Plan is to drop my 4w out of the bag as I don't really need that extra yardage from the tee and the risk/reward on the par 5's just doesn't seem to be there.

Who knows, maybe my next iron set in OL....
I think 4u is a solid choice. Excited to hear how it goes for ya

Very excited to put this in play this weekend

IMG_8378.jpeg

Will be interesting to see how you like it. Used to be my go to but I've kind of leaned hybrids as of late which surprises even me
I love hybrids so it absolutely be a change. Same with dabbling with one length.

Back