2023 Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters

I have been so pleased with the frontline Elevado. I had never considered the fang /#7 style putter previously. Honestly kind of thought they were ugly. Total 180 now. I’m extremely pleased that I chose a style that I previously had never hit. I think the shape really suits my eye for alignment.

Pretty sure I’ll stay in this shape for a long time. When I first got the bag I thought it would have the shortest life in the bag. Totally opposite feeling now 6 months later. Can’t imagine it getting booted from the bag.

Last edited:
I have been so pleased with the frontline Elevado. I had never considered the fang /#7 style putter previously. Honestly kind of thought they were ugly. Total 180 now. I’m extremely pleased that I chose a style that I previously had never hit. I think the shape really suits my eye for alignment.

Pretty sure I’ll stay in this shape for a long time. When I first got the bag I thought it would have the shortest life in the bag. Totally opposite feeling now 6 months later. Can’t imagine it getting booted from the bag.
I really like the shape as well. I've always played mallets or mid-mallets, but never the fang style. I have the single bend style, so it has the larger white alignment line. I find that helps with setup.

I went to get a few new grips today and while I was waiting I saw a row of new Cleveland putters. I grabbed the Frontline Elite Elevado to try out. I really liked the feel and the ball rolled nicely. The All in putter shaft was in this particular putter. It was a really small putting green so hard to get a good feel on the speed control. Would love to try one on course someday. The forward weighting felt great.

I chose the Elevado single bend for the experience. I prefer a mid-mallet or mallet putter. Nothing against blades, I just feel more comfortable with a bigger putter.

I went with the Elevado because of the shape and look at address. I was looking at the Cero style, but in store, the Elevado looked better to me. I also liked the thicker white line of the 2135 consistent aim alignment line. It sets up the alignment line at the mid point of the ball to make alignment easier. And I also chose the Elevado so I could pick up the ball with the back of the putter. I like being able to do that.

The Elevado sits well behind the ball. The larger grip is the perfect size. The ball comes off the face the same no matter where you hit it. Distance doesn't drop off with toe or heel hits. So the putter will give you exactly what you give it. After changing my grip and approach recently, I've been putting much better with this putter. Using a line on the ball and worrying more about distance has led to more 2 putts and a few longer putts dropping. I can see myself using this putter for awhile.

I have the RHO Single bend for the Experience and I will confess I haven’t used it a ton because I generally use an armlock. I did have the putter setup to try and mimic this with a shorter shaft and a wrist lock grip. I have had this in the bag for the last few rounds and have putted really well with it. I find it super easy to get aimed properly and the putter is very well balanced. I do find the insert to be pretty firm and the ball comes off with some pace. Once I got used to it though I find it to be very consistent for distance. I had a number of long putts today that were right around the hole with very good distance.

It has been a long time since I putted with a short putter but I think I am going to keep this in the bag for a while.

It’s no secret that I am a bad putter. I went with the Elevado because it was the most like the Edel putter I got fit for after @Jman article. I did change it to 35” though for something different as I’ve always used 33”. The Elevado has always been good for me distance wise but I just hit the ball all over the face. Hard to get a good read on how a putter feels when you’re using the WHOLE face! Well today I had the length cut down to 33.5” and holy crap. I started hitting the center of the putter face and wow the Elevado just feels so different now. The distance control is still pretty dang spot on but I’m actually hitting my lines now. The alignment system on the single bend Elevado really sets me up where I think I’m aimed, something I’ve struggled with with other putters. Hitting the center of the face now just transmits a good feeling. The balance finally feels right and it doesn’t feel like the strokes is waving all kinds of different ways.

It’s no secret that I am a bad putter. I went with the Elevado because it was the most like the Edel putter I got fit for after @Jman article. I did change it to 35” though for something different as I’ve always used 33”. The Elevado has always been good for me distance wise but I just hit the ball all over the face. Hard to get a good read on how a putter feels when you’re using the WHOLE face! Well today I had the length cut down to 33.5” and holy crap. I started hitting the center of the putter face and wow the Elevado just feels so different now. The distance control is still pretty dang spot on but I’m actually hitting my lines now. The alignment system on the single bend Elevado really sets me up where I think I’m aimed, something I’ve struggled with with other putters. Hitting the center of the face now just transmits a good feeling. The balance finally feels right and it doesn’t feel like the strokes is waving all kinds of different ways.

A putter that is too long definitely makes it hard to get the putt on the correct line. You got it straightened out just in time for Briggs Ranch.

hit my best putt of the weekend with this guy.

came up a bit short on a pitch where the hole was behind a huge knoll in the back of the green. Probably 30 or so feet, but I had to take it nearly 90* left try to barely die at the top of a 3-4 foot mound and let it trickle off the right side down the spine to the hole. did exactly that and burned the edge leaving a 2 foot comebacker.

I get a little inconsistent with line for some reason on mid-distance putts but the speed control on longer lag putts was outstanding.

I might try to play with the weighting a bit to see if i can get those mid-distance putts stabilized a bit more.

After this weekend’s golf, it’s time to pull the trigger.
I’m psychologically stuck that my putter head has a dead spot where I get a “knock” rather than a sweet “click”
It may be true, it may be me.
I’m thinking a 8.0 is in my future with the All-In & Huntington grip.
I like a heavy head feel.
Is this a 340 gram head? Before sole weight?
Also normally it would come standard with an oversize 122g. 34g is a big difference.

Hi all, for those that tinkered with head weight, did you notice if the Odyssey circular head weights were an exact fit in the Frontline Elite? Curious because I have a few of these around. Haven't tried tungsten putty before and do not know how much room there is in the cavity with 15g weights already in there but see that 20g weights are an option (not sure on size difference 15g vs 20g).

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the cero, so I don't have this in hand to try now.

Hi all, for those that tinkered with head weight, did you notice if the Odyssey circular head weights were an exact fit in the Frontline Elite? Curious because I have a few of these around. Haven't tried tungsten putty before and do not know how much room there is in the cavity with 15g weights already in there but see that 20g weights are an option (not sure on size difference 15g vs 20g).

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the cero, so I don't have this in hand to try now.
I have not tried that, sorry.

I have not tried that, sorry.
Thanks Hawk. I'm hoping with all the tinkering by this group that maybe someone knows. :)

I never tinkered with the weights. Sorry

If you have ability to measure diameter of the Odyssey, the Frontline weight diameter is 22mm x 1.5 thread pitch.

Back