2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

Arsenal getting battered

I'm glad messi said nah I'm good.
Of course things aren't set in stone with Mbappe, but what are any teams in any sport supposed to do when extreme sovereign wealth decides to get involved?

Of course things aren't set in stone with Mbappe, but what are any teams in any sport supposed to do when extreme sovereign wealth decides to get involved?
The main difference with football (compared to golf) is that there has been a lot of sketchy money involved in it for a long time. City, Paris and Newcastle are already state-run clubs already. Prior to that you had a lot of Russian money in football, too.
The new thing is that the money is not invested in Europe, but that they try to get players to come to Saudi. Something China tried and failed to do, but they do not have the same resources as the Saudis do.

The main difference with football (compared to golf) is that there has been a lot of sketchy money involved in it for a long time. City, Paris and Newcastle are already state-run clubs already. Prior to that you had a lot of Russian money in football, too.
The new thing is that the money is not invested in Europe, but that they try to get players to come to Saudi. Something China tried and failed to do, but they do not have the same resources as the Saudis do.
The Saudis own Newcastle and have a HUGE share of Chelsea. That's why you're seeing a lot of Chelsea players being sold to the Saudi League.

And those state owned teams have been an issue for a while. Nobody knows how to counter it, and leagues act like they want to fight it, but a successful Man City is good for the Premier League, even if they broke financial rules for a decade to get where they are.

Fulham looks to be putting together a solid squad for the upcoming season

Yeah, there’s zero chance of him going to play in Saudi!
I am not sure. Could see him doing one year in Saudi, collecting all the money and the going to Madrid as planned in '24.

I'm sure I'm not the only one ready for a cold winter Saturday morning with a cup of coffee and the Premier League on. Bring it on! Glory Glory Man United!

I am not sure. Could see him doing one year in Saudi, collecting all the money and the going to Madrid as planned in '24.

If the rumours of him earning 2 mil A WEEK at PSG are anywhere near true, I think it’s safe to say money won’t be a driving factor. No player in their prime is gonna sign to a no mark league. He will want to be winning trophies in Europe!

2E2D1D06-5315-4BAF-BB10-B114E1BEB01A.jpeg
He still won’t go though. Absolutely ZERO chance!!!

Looks like I'm buying golf balls.

If he had signed, it would have gone down as the craziest decision of any sportsman ever! To give up playing champions league football to play some no mark league in the Middle East, even with the eye watering amounts of money being talked about (I saw a thing on Twitter that said he’d have been earning more in that one year than the top 15 NBA players combined which is staggering)! Yellow Pro V1x’s by the way 😉

Big Leagues Cup match last night for FC Cincinnati vs. Liga's Guadalajara in Cincinnati. Postponed due to lightning with FC up 2-0. Finished today.
Gudalajara scores right away. FC back up 2 on Brandon Vazquez 3rd goal, first career hat trick. Big win!

Community Shield today!

I just hope both teams have fun

Spurs might get relegated.

Back