2023-2024 College Football Thread

Fascinating.

Is Trev Albert taking the TAMU AD job? Lots of smoke.

Fascinating.

It 100% makes sense.
Being a college coach is a horrible gig. You are recruiting 24/7/365. Your main ability to attract elite players (NIL money) is controlled by people (collectives) who are not in your employ/control. Because there is pay for play and poaching you have constant roster insecurity. Further, in the era of portal/transfers schemes have to be dumbed down to be more plug and play, which means the strategy part of the job is minimized. Oh, and you still have to win and graduate people and worry if 19 year olds are going to do stupid 19 year old people stuff. On top of all that there are many coaches who choose that level of the profession because they believe in old fashioned things like developing people, getting them educated and prepared for life, etc., but now the whole system is geared to focus on how much people can get paid.

Clemson sues the ACC. The lawyers win again. :cool:

I am sure he has an extensive library of videos for sale too.
Rimshot GIF

@War Eagle what is this? No LSU v. Auburn again?

Not for the next two years, at least.

We don’t get you guys or the Mississippi schools for 2024 and 2025. But get Missouri, Vandy and Kentucky.

So stupid.

We don’t get you guys or the Mississippi schools for 2024 and 2025. But get Missouri, Vandy and Kentucky.

So stupid.
It's almost like moving away from regional conferences is not going to work.

So stupid.
I bet yall rotate back on the same year Mississippi State does for us.

It's almost like moving away from regional conferences is not going to work.
It’s stupid.

I don’t want to watch a game against Vandy, Missouri or Kentucky.

Give me Auburn vs LSU at night, home or away, it’s always a phenomenal game.

I bet yall rotate back on the same year Mississippi State does for us.
There will be a lot of complaining about not having that rivalry game for two years. It’s massive for recruiting, win or lose, because of the environment.

Hosting Vandy for the 11:00 kickoff doesn’t move the needle like hosting LSU for the 7:00 prime time game does.

So it looks like Home & Home then rotate…
Is there a scenario where LSU/Bama or The 3rd Saturday or The Iron Bowl rotates off for 2 years?

There will be a lot of complaining about not having that rivalry game for two years. It’s massive for recruiting, win or lose, because of the environment.

Hosting Vandy for the 11:00 kickoff doesn’t move the needle like hosting LSU for the 7:00 prime time game does.
We have to protect The 3rd Saturday in October at all costs 🙄

Back