2022 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only watching my scale and haven't been to the gym for 2 weeks now. I told myself I'd study that Cisco Cyber Ops Associate book instead but I only look at the cover.
I've been hovering right around 162-165. I want to get into the 150's. And I'm planning on breaking in my new mountain bike Friday if the weather is good.

lost the 5 pounds I gained at Ballyhack, but now I’m leaving for a week long vacation on Saturday so if my track record holds true I’ll be gaining 5-10 pounds while away.

Did a little cooking today. First picture is protein bark. It’s stupid easy, it’s greek yogurt, protein powder and PB2, mixed together, spread out on a sheet, topped with whatever you want, and then into the freezer. Second picture isn’t pretty, but they taste amazing! These are chocolate protein zucchini muffins. I had such an abundance of zucchini I was looking for ways to use it.

AD721F87-AD8A-49A7-8790-423CE020E63E.jpeg

8688C2D5-3E46-42AC-847F-9006F92E178D.jpeg

down 12 right now, feels kind of good, but a long way to go.

So far, eating later at night due to the new job is stopping my from snacking and I haven't gained anything extra.
I have to do this too based on my schedule. I tend to skip breakfast or just have a protein bar and banana if playing golf. I eat my chicken Caesar salad for lunch when I get to work around 1p. Then eat dinner after my workout at around 8p. I’m off work at midnight and the high protein dinner I have keeps me good until I go to sleep at around 12:30.

I am holding that 1 lb down so we will see if i can still keep it going 117 total since May of 2021, need another 50, feels like it will take a long time.

For the first time in months I didn’t weigh in on weigh in day (today). I was at 191 a couple of days ago.

I am struggling. Stress, feeling like there’s a general lack of control/structure in my life, feeling overwhelmed with too much going on. On the weight front this is leading to stress eating, grazing, etc. I’m hanging on, making as many reasonably decent food choices as I can but I feel like I’m the boxer who has taken some hard shots and is trying to make it to the bell.
For some reason I’m not getting Notices/alerts when there are updates to this thread so I have missed about the last month of activity. Weird.

My journey has taken a definite curve in the road. I’m thankful for the above post because it tells me that when I weighed in yesterday at 201.2 I had gained 10 lbs in a month. Holy f**k!

A lot of life has been thrown at me since my prior post. I did not handle it well. Stress eating and constant grazing. Fast foods. Diet cokes. I KNEW I needed to get back to some of the basics of my prior plan but I could NOT turn thought into action. Drink more water? Nope. Eat smaller meals # times a day? Nope? Yadda yadda yadda.

Breaching 2 Bills was the shock to the system that did the trick. I was back to a few of the smaller Healthy Habits that were the foundation of my prior success. Positive results today - I’m back on the good side of 200. BUT…the lesson to me in this is the scale is just a number that reflects our healthy/unhealthy choices. I need more of the former and less of the latter. The scale will say whatever it says.

Last edited:
For some reason I’m not getting Notices/alerts when there are updates to this thread so I have missed about the last month of activity. Weird.

My journey has taken a definite curve in the road. I’m thankful for the above post because it tells me that when I weighed in yesterday at 201.2 I had gained 10 lbs in a month. Holy f**k!

A lot of life has been thrown at me since my prior post. I did not handle it well. Stress eating and constant grazing. Fast foods. Diet cokes. I KNEW I needed to get back to some of the basics of my prior plan but I could NOT turn thought into action. Drink more water? Nope. Eat smaller meals # times a day? Nope? Yadda yadda yadda.

Breaching 2 Bills was the shock to the system that did the trick. I was back to a few of the smaller Healthy Habits that were the foundation of my prior success. Positive results today - I’m back on the good side of 200. BUT…the lesson to me in this is the scale is just a number that reflects our healthy/unhealthy choices. I need more of the former and less of the latter. The scale will say whatever it says.
You got this and everyone has ups and downs. I have drank coke zero lately and need to cut it.

211 this morning. I know I was up after the Vegas trip but i didn’t weigh in. Time to maintain till I start my next cut.

I hope this weekend anniversary getaway didn't do too much damage. I made fairly smart choices so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Question to all I have been approached as a doctor to get potentially tangentially involved in a private company that uses a ketogenic diet like a lot of others, the difference being for two week cycles they also put a pediatric feeding tube in the person’s nose and feed them entirely ketogenic fluid by that giving low calories. Claiming very dramatic weight loss but among my friends and colleagues getting vastly different opinions on whether or not people who plan to lose weight would pay some good money (several thousand not sure exact amount) to potentially lose 30 pounds but do it this way? I have lost 20 pounds myself with more of a standard high protein and salad type diet. Any thoughts on this different approach appreciate it. Most likely I will not get involved. Thanks

Question to all I have been approached as a doctor to get potentially tangentially involved in a private company that uses a ketogenic diet like a lot of others, the difference being for two week cycles they also put a pediatric feeding tube in the person’s nose and feed them entirely ketogenic fluid by that giving low calories. Claiming very dramatic weight loss but among my friends and colleagues getting vastly different opinions on whether or not people who plan to lose weight would pay some good money (several thousand not sure exact amount) to potentially lose 30 pounds but do it this way? I have lost 20 pounds myself with more of a standard high protein and salad type diet. Any thoughts on this different approach appreciate it. Most likely I will not get involved. Thanks
Zero chance I’m sticking tubes in my body to feed me to lose weight, especially for thousands of dollars.

Would definitely not be for me.

No, no, no, no.

Don't mind the hair. I noticed yesterday that though I am about the same weight you can see how much thinner my face appears. Wearing the same shirt even 😬 also the shirt is more loose than the first pic.

PXL_20220828_042205234.jpgFB_IMG_1661660677874.jpg

No, I wouldn't do that. I'd move more and eat less. As long as your intaking fewer calories than you're burning, weight will come off. It might be slow but it will come off. Moving more burns calories... losing more weight. Plus, it's free! Moving more is free. Walking.

The move more is assuming that one is physically able to move more.

And this morning... a number I haven't seen in a long time... pretty much 17 years maybe or even longer...

That's 39.5 pounds I'm down... and a few more to go I think... then I'll stop and figure out this maintenance thing to stay there but not gain anymore or lose anymore.

No way for me. And I have a very hard time seeing this being successful.

Absolutely not. There's a phrase closely associated with PT Barnum that seems appropriate.

Absolutely not. There's a phrase closely associated with PT Barnum that seems appropriate.

They actually are prescribing this in the West right now in a few cities. I personally only believe it should be for the very obese if used as a possible alternative to bariatric surgery.

I was looking back on old swing videos today to get a gauge on the progress I’ve made with my swing when something BIG really jumped out at me.
December: (besides the wide open clubface and bad alignment, my gut is ginormous)
64D0D0B7-CC43-45E5-A311-3156D2E55A2A.jpeg

Now:
51739A69-9682-48F3-A11C-BE12C421DB4B.jpeg

Seeing these comparisons today really made all the hard work and attention seem worth it. I’ve come a long way. I hope these photos can serve as an inspiration, motivation, or validation that the work is worth it. I’m not done tho.

I think you may have given me some of yours...🙃

I was looking back on old swing videos today to get a gauge on the progress I’ve made with my swing when something BIG really jumped out at me.
December: (besides the wide open clubface and bad alignment, my gut is ginormous)
View attachment 9116322

Now:
View attachment 9116324

Seeing these comparisons today really made all the hard work and attention seem worth it. I’ve come a long way. I hope these photos can serve as an inspiration, motivation, or validation that the work is worth it. I’m not done tho.
Great job!

And YOU did it the hard way... diet and exercise. Mine? Depression and starvation. I call it the "grief diet". Extremely unhealthy for you but GREAT RESULTS!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They actually are prescribing this in the West right now in a few cities. I personally only believe it should be for the very obese if used as a possible alternative to bariatric surgery.
That's my thinking... sounds like an extreme situation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back