2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

For anyone that has hit this, did you like the red face? It looks great on the rack but at address?
I didn't notice it at all in the hitting bay. A blue face would pretty amazing compared to the red though.

I didn't notice it at all in the hitting bay. A blue face would pretty amazing compared to the red though.

Thats a given

It’s interesting to hear thoughts of focusing solely on the ball and such and then have issues with shaping, offset, graphics, etc. I am so fortunate none of that stuff bothers me haha.

But, as we know, a blue face would not show up on a tv screen nearly as well as red or, in years gone by, a white crown.

But, as we know, a blue face would not show up on a tv screen nearly as well as red or, in years gone by, a white crown.
Oh I totally get it from a marketing standpoint.

You know what's funny about that though? When you ask golfers if the equipment a Tour Player uses makes any impact on their buying decision it seems like 90% say no it doesn't. Yet here the companies are designing color schemes to catch the consumers attention. If consumers really didn't care what the players use why would companies continue to that?

That's a whole different conversation but I always find it funny.

For anyone that has hit this, did you like the red face? It looks great on the rack but at address?

I hit the Stealth yesterday and it didn’t bother me at address. It wasn’t really noticeable once I focused on the ball. Kind of blended with the crown.

The white crown really stood out. I remember seeing those on tv when they first came out. I honestly haven’t noticed the red face at the last two tour events. It hasn’t jumped out at me the same way, anyway.

anyone get theirs yet?? looks like my 3w and 3h arrive tomorrow. MyStealth still on track for Feb 27th

I apologize if this has been touched on already, but have any of you experienced an increase in ball speed after "breaking in" the club (maybe 200+ hits)? Not sure if the tech is like baseball/softball bats where there was a break in period for these carbon/composite bats where it became more lively after a few hundred hits.

I apologize if this has been touched on already, but have any of you experienced an increase in ball speed after "breaking in" the club (maybe 200+ hits)? Not sure if the tech is like baseball/softball bats where there was a break in period for these carbon/composite bats where it became more lively after a few hundred hits.
Doesn't that happen on all drivers in relation to "creep"? It will be interesting to see if these get "hotter" faster than titanium...then they break

i still think it looks stupid. but you get used to it very quickly and don't even notice it.

On another note, my birthday present is supposed to be in pretty soon! Took the wife to the happy place today so she could mentally practice paying for it and imagine the joy it'll bring me. :D

I need an update on this...

I need an update on this...
It's in, and she will because it's her privilege to pay for instead of me, we have to wait until Thursday end of day to pick it up.

It's in, and she will because it's her privilege to pay for instead of me, we have to wait until Thursday end of day to pick it up.
I am sure that the wait is killing you.

I am gonna going to be hitting the 2022 offerings soon so just need some additional feedback. I am seeing Stealth/Stealth Plus performing not as well as some of the competition on off-center hits. I can't tell if it's bad data sets or not but don't want to make a hasty decision as I canceled my LTDx LS pre-order.

I am gonna going to be hitting the 2022 offerings soon so just need some additional feedback. I am seeing Stealth/Stealth Plus performing not as well as some of the competition on off-center hits. I can't tell if it's bad data sets or not but don't want to make a hasty decision as I canceled my LTDx LS pre-order.
Honestly, I should be in there hitting it today, because I haven't spent a lot of time away from center on it, and I can't find the button to save my life today.

Honestly, I didn’t notice it much at all.

While I cannot relate with waiting. I have been acquiring a quiver of different shafts to test in it once I can actually hit it. I may as well be waiting for it to show up.

While I cannot relate with waiting. I have been acquiring a quiver of different shafts to test in it once I can actually hit it. I may as well be waiting for it to show up.
I have uni- fit sleeves for TM heads, so every shaft in my house is an option.

When I have the head.

I played my first round with Stealth yesterday: I initially set the loft to 11.25* (same as SIM2 Max), but after some low-mid hooks on the range, I went up another notch to 12.0*. Opening drive was a nice, slight draw, which was a good sign for me. Overall, I’d say distance is equal to or slightly better than SIM2 Max, dispersion is a bit tighter, and the feel is…well, different. To me, it’s more of a muted feel rather than a solid feeling strike you get from other drivers. I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just different.

If you have the chance to demo Stealth, do so!!

I currently work PT in my local golf shop and personally I don’t like this compared to my Sim 2 Max. Hit it on the range same specs and shaft and was not impressed at all. Staying with mine for now considering all things I really don think it’s a better driver.

Back