2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

Had my best driving round ever today with my Rogue ST Max. Missed 3 fairways while using it. One I went for the green and the other went into a pond that I thought was out of reach (330 yards) literally couldn’t hit a bad drive. Played from about 6300y and my average proximity in on par 4s was probably 85y

Finally got a chance to hit the driving range today! That was a ton of fun getting my first swings in since last October. Wow was I ever jonesing.

After taking a little while to get in a bit of a rhythm and get properly warmed up, I moved to hit some balls with my new-to-me Rogue ST Max LS. My initial impressions were that it frames up really nicely at address. The head is a great size and shape, and I quite like looking down at what appears to me a deeper face than my current gamer. The matte black is a nice colour, especially when the sun was out.

My next immediate thoughts were that this shaft is obviously quite long. I knew they listed it on CPO as +2”, but it was way too unwieldily for my liking. I figured that I’d at least give it a try though because funny enough, it came equipped with my preferred grip - Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize.

After hitting a few balls, I was really noticing how much I liked the sound - even with range rocks. A nice thud. Not metallic at all. Ball flight was usually a playable fade; I’d definitely find fairways but I was hoping for something a little straighter. I did see a more piercing ball flight, which is exactly what I was hoping to address since my drives before would balloon and then drop out of the air.

I took a few minutes, examined the OptiFit adapter, and made an adjustment. I moved the cogs from Stated / Neutral to Stated / Draw and hit some more balls. Right away, the flight was much straighter but still penetrating. I’d say that it still looked to be mid-high, but I’m ok with the ball launching like that.

Not too sure on distances yet since it’s hard to see exactly where the ball lands and ends up at the range here, but I’ll get some numbers once I get it to the golf course.

But first, I’m waiting for this new grip to dry. Right away when I got home I chopped the shaft down to my playing length and put a new grip on. Holy smokes though - whoever had this club built previously must have had some monster hands. I peeled the midsize grip off and found 5-6 layers of tape! Not a wonder it felt “off” in my hands!

Really looking forward to getting back out with this driver!

And just for comparison, here’s a photo of the ST Max LS beside my Cobra LTDx. Same lofts.

IMG_7780.jpeg

Finally got a chance to hit the driving range today! That was a ton of fun getting my first swings in since last October. Wow was I ever jonesing.

After taking a little while to get in a bit of a rhythm and get properly warmed up, I moved to hit some balls with my new-to-me Rogue ST Max LX. My initial impressions were that it frames up really nicely at address. The head is a great size and shape, and I quite like looking down at what appears to me a deeper face than my current gamer. The matte black is a nice colour, especially when the sun was out.

My next immediate thoughts were that this shaft is obviously quite long. I knew they listed it on CPO as +2”, but it was way too unwieldily for my liking. I figured that I’d at least give it a try though because funny enough, it came equipped with my preferred grip - Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize.

After hitting a few balls, I was really noticing how much I liked the sound - even with range rocks. A nice thud. Not metallic at all. Ball flight was usually a playable fade; I’d definitely find fairways but I was hoping for something a little straighter. I did see a more piercing ball flight, which is exactly what I was hoping to address since my drives before would balloon and then drop out of the air.

I took a few minutes, examined the OptiFit adapter, and made an adjustment. I moved the cogs from Stated / Neutral to Stated / Draw and hit some more balls. Right away, the flight was much straighter but still penetrating. I’d say that it still looked to be mid-high, but I’m ok with the ball launching like that.

Not too sure on distances yet since it’s hard to see exactly where the ball lands and ends up at the range here, but I’ll get some numbers once I get it to the golf course.

But first, I’m waiting for this new grip to dry. Right away when I got home I chopped the shaft down to my playing length and put a new grip on. Holy smokes though - whoever had this club built previously must have had some monster hands. I peeled the midsize grip off and found 5-6 layers of tape! Not a wonder it felt “off” in my hands!

Really looking forward to getting back out with this driver!
The ST Max is such a cheat code. I tend to miss toe side and when I do, you could never tell if you weren’t holding the club

The ST Max is such a cheat code. I tend to miss toe side and when I do, you could never tell if you weren’t holding the club
Initially I was hitting it a little towards the heel, but you’re right - it seems to be super forgiving!

Ahhh!

The ferrule is loose on my club and hitting the butt end on the ground to seat my new grip has forced the ferrule up the shaft. It’s stuck stuck.

I’ll wait for the grip to dry and then try gentle heat to get it moving. And then a dab of epoxy.

The Rogue ST LS driver is still in my bag as my shorter driver and I still love the way it looks and performs. On top of that, I still feel it's the best sounding driver I've played.

The Rogue ST Max D w/ Ventus Red 5s continues to deliver for me.
I hit it well at Briggs and most recently during the Data Experience pre round at Harbor Pines.

A update later down the road maybe but for right now, she's good for smashing the ball.

I have been using the Rogue ST MAX LS with crazy results lately. It's going to go up against some stiff competition soon, but so far this past season and a half it has been an absolute weapon to me.

I am naturally a high flight and high spin player, especially with driver, but this one paired with the HZRDUS Smoke Black has been a killer. Won some long drive comps during outings with it as well, and the forgiveness is excellent.

The Rogue ST Max D w/ Ventus Red 5s continues to deliver for me.
I hit it well at Briggs and most recently during the Data Experience pre round at Harbor Pines.

A update later down the road maybe but for right now, she's good for smashing the ball.
My main driver at the skytrak event will be my shorter setup with the Rogue ST LS head. The other driver will be staying in the trunk. This one just works for me.

Was absolutely piping the ST Max LS today. Only missed two fairways and both were just off in a scramble outing today. Just so much confidence with this in hand paired with the HZRDUS smoke black 60 6.5.

I now have 54 holes of golf played since putting this driver in my bag. I’ve hit some beautiful shots and some I’d rather forget, but on the whole it’s been a very positive experience.

The vast majority of my drives have been straight and penetrating with decent roll out, considering the wet spring conditions. Right now I’m mainly focusing on flight in the air though since that’s what I’m trying to test with this LS head. Ball flight continues to impress.

The feel and sound is so, so good. Even my playing partners have commented a few times.

I’ve been tracking shots with my Garmin S70 watch and I am blown away at the distances I’m seeing.

IMG_7845.jpeg

Last year I used ShotScope, and these were my numbers through the season with my previous driver. You’ll note an immediate improvement this year. I’m hoping that the trend continues.

IMG_7846.jpeg

The shorter setup (Rogue ST LS with LIN-Q Red) is in the bag for the SkyTrak Experience!!

Back