2021 Open Championship Contest and Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be a shame for Bryson to miss the last putt to miss the cut? :ROFLMAO: "Told you that driver sucked!"

Nope. After marking & remarking it 4 times, he makes it :oops:

Louie needs this round to end!

After that drive, bad mistake by Oosty! :eek:

The one thing bad about early golf is when work gets in the way. Just eating lunch and missed it today.

And ... Ooosty saves another one with fantastic putting (y)

Ooosty with another stripe show right down the middle!

LO got to admire him after so many runner ups to be playing so well again.

Was hoping Rahm could get to 63 today. Great round.

Ooosty with 129 for 2 days .... new Open record. Steady as she goes! (y)

Have to think the winner comes from someone that is -5 or better at this point. More than 6 shots seems like a ton to make up especially with easy conditions.

What do people think about the course visually?

I like the course. It’s great when it is not a long drive contest.
I wish it was a little more brown and bouncy, but I am thankful that we get some links golf this week.

Favorite visual thing is the uneven fairways and a close second being the drop zone out of the grandstands being in the middle of the heavy rough.

Oh my goodness DJ!!! Scheffler looking good too

This is not the weather we want for the Open. Turning this into the Jon Deere today.
They're probably enjoying it, it's one of like the three sunny, calm days that England gets every year. :ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't it be a shame for Bryson to miss the last putt to miss the cut? :ROFLMAO: "Told you that driver sucked!"
Maybe he'll MF his putter today instead.

Fun finish today with the amateur making his clutch par putt to make it to the weekend.

I had mentioned early in the week hearing Morikawa say he made equipment changes after struggling off the fairway with his blades last week. Love hearing him talk candidly in the post round interview about switching 7-9 to the P7MC's because he 'just couldn't find the center of the face'. Humility, and willingness to work on it, and make an equipment change, instead of just blaming the equipment. :unsure:. Go figure..

Those P7MC's are amazing too. I seriously don't know why more people don't play them.

Why couldn't I find this this AM. Is it only streaming on Peacock?

By my count, Spieth missed 5 legit birdie putts today that ended up at par. I know it’s like saying, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle, but my point is he’s really putting well and seeing the lines.

I’m excited for the next two days.

Why couldn't I find this this AM. Is it only streaming on Peacock?
It was on the golf channel all morning.

Didn't turn it on but it was listed as Barbasol on my guide.
Sounds like they had it programmed wrong on the guide.

Sounds like they had it programmed wrong on the guide.

I had to do online as in another country on travel and for two hours it came on / went off and came back on. Some featured groups only. Have not tried Peacock but may have to.

Great article by Eamon Lynch, the best writer in golf today. This paragraph caught my attention:

DeChambeau’s unyielding pursuit of perfection in an inherently imperfect game is a daunting standard to live by, and a thoroughly impossible one to expect others to live by too. He’s accustomed to calculating precisely the journey his ball will take toward its target, but at the Open every ball takes two journeys: one through the air and another that begins when it hits the ground and caroms along ancient contours. It is not a style of golf suited to precision, or to emotion (unless, like Seve Ballesteros, it is channeled successfully). Royal St. George’s was always destined to be a demanding week for DeChambeau, but it didn’t need to be a disastrous one.

He rendered it so by proving, yet again, that maturity has no correlation with age.”

full article -

can i change my pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back