Tour Event 2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic

Considering how many people hate Bryson because of what is shown, and how well people speak of him after interacting with him, seems like he's dead on here.

disagree. He’s in a highly visible sport and he should know better. Just like we ride Sergio for his antics, Bryson is no different. Own the tantrum, quit making excuses or trying to blame a cameraman for making you “look bad”.... newsflash, you already did that with the tantrum and then confronting a cameraman for doing his job.

disagree. He’s in a highly visible sport and he should know better. Just like we ride Sergio for his antics, Bryson is no different. Own the tantrum, quit making excuses or trying to blame a cameraman for making you “look bad”.... newsflash, you already did that with the tantrum and then confronting a cameraman for doing his job.
"We don’t mean anything by it, we just care a lot about the game. For that to damage our brand like that, that’s not cool in the way we act because if you actually meet me in person, I’m not too bad of a dude, I don’t think."
You're kinda proving his point though. You're judging him on tantrums that are shown and not based on knowing or interacting with him. Every thread discussing whether people like him or not is almost exactly split by whether someone has interacted with him, or just seen what is shown on TV.

I agree with you here for the most part. After he becomes #1 or wins in bunches (if that happens), it will be More palatable for some.

It appears as though the tantrums bother or are called passion depending on how much one likes a player. Which makes sense in a weird way.

to use an example, social blasted him for yelling at his ball to carry on one drive. Nobody thought I’ll of Tiger with the frequently brutal “one yard”.

He is polarizing and in my position him being as good as he is makes the stories easy and more people watch.

I agree with you here for the most part. After he becomes #1 or wins in bunches (if that happens), it will be More palatable for some.

It appears as though the tantrums bother or are called passion depending on how much one likes a player. Which makes sense in a weird way.

to use an example, social blasted him for yelling at his ball to carry on one drive. Nobody thought I’ll of Tiger with the frequently brutal “one yard”.

He is polarizing and in my position him being as good as he is makes the stories easy and more people watch.
Tiger also got a pass on regularly dropping f-bombs after shots, and acting like a complete ass to the media. I never saw him catch much flak for any of that. Bryson is Bryson, but he's a lot less incendiary than Tiger ever was.

A lot of golfers shout at their ball to go farther or turn or whatever. Jordan Spieth constantly yells "Go! Go hard!" at his shots, as do several others. I don't even see why one would take heat on social media about that. And anybody who thinks golfers never yell at their balls has obviously never played golf themselves! :LOL:

You're kinda proving his point though. You're judging him on tantrums that are shown and not based on knowing or interacting with him. Every thread discussing whether people like him or not is almost exactly split by whether someone has interacted with him, or just seen what is shown on TV.

not really. I don’t have to personally meet someone to have an opinion based on actions. I’m sure he’s a great person on the course, but on the course he has to understand he has more eyes on him, his own doing imo, and can’t get bent out of shape because something is picked up on camera that might hurt his brand.

He’s playing some great golf, however unconventional his approach is. I’m all for showing passion, competitiveness or whatever you want to call it, but you can’t get upset when your actions cause controversy or cause people to talk. He’s low hanging fruit for right now for a lot of reasons and he should keep that in mind so he isn’t easily offended.

I still don’t get the cameraman thing. That’s where he crossed the line imo.

Never mind looks like he switched.

I’m looking forward to watching the final day after missing the last two

I’m looking forward to watching the final day after missing the last two

I know I saw zero coverage today. Tomorrow hopefully that is not the case.

i had a very brief interaction with him. but have also spoken to people who interact with players on a regular basis. from the small sample size of people i’ve spoken to, everyone has said he’s a good guy. i’m not saying he’s universally liked, but i’ve yet to talk to someone who said he’s a jerk.

it’s not ok to damage greens and bunkers. we’ve all lit up sergio for doing the same. i do think he’s within his right as a player to ask a camera person to give him some space if he’s running hot and needs to cool off. should he put on his big boy pants and suck it up? sure. but that doesn’t mean he can’t ask for some professional courtesy every once and awhile.

i had a very brief interaction with him. but have also spoken to people who interact with players on a regular basis. from the small sample size of people i’ve spoken to, everyone has said he’s a good guy. i’m not saying he’s universally liked, but i’ve yet to talk to someone who said he’s a jerk.

it’s not ok to damage greens and bunkers. we’ve all lit up sergio for doing the same. i do think he’s within his right as a player to ask a camera person to give him some space if he’s running hot and needs to cool off. should he put on his big boy pants and suck it up? sure. but that doesn’t mean he can’t ask for some professional courtesy every once and awhile.

while I agree on some level about professional courtesy, he should have extended the same to the cameraman doing his job. I’m all for being competitive and being emotional, but understand it comes with more attention and potentially negative consequences. You can’t have it both ways.

while I agree on some level about professional courtesy, he should have extended the same to the cameraman doing his job. I’m all for being competitive and being emotional, but understand it comes with more attention and potentially negative consequences. You can’t have it both ways.

but i think you can. he’s not saying “don’t ever film me.” there are just times when you might need a little space. there are a bunch of other guys you could cut to and still keep the broadcast interesting. it’s a symbiotic relationship out there. he needs the cameras just as much for his brand as they need him to keep their jobs. everybody can work together.

I know I saw zero coverage today. Tomorrow hopefully that is not the case.
I’m looking at watching hours and hours.

but i think you can. he’s not saying “don’t ever film me.” there are just times when you might need a little space. there are a bunch of other guys you could cut to and still keep the broadcast interesting. it’s a symbiotic relationship out there. he needs the cameras just as much for his brand as they need him to keep their jobs. everybody can work together.

the broadcast cutting away has nothing to do with the cameraman. That’s on the producers to stay with the shot. Bryson has to understand his actions have consequences, like any other tour player. Don’t want to be a headline, then don’t act like a baby then cry because a camera caught it.

Zero TV today. It was nice. I’ve got soccer to watch tomorrow morning and golf in the afternoon. It will be a thoroughly unproductive recovery day.

My take on it is that yes Bryson was caught showing "passion" after his shot from the bunker and he accepts that. Perhaps he feels the way the the camera quickly and closely followed him was just a case of trying to capture more. Not to purposefully hurt Bryson's brand but to make for better tv. Much like the media that was out there covering the protests/riots. They weren't out there to report the facts and get to the heart of the matter. They were there hoping and praying for a clash between the police and protestors/rioters so they could have their "shock" moment and fire up the supporters of whatever their side of the agenda is.

I think Bryson just wanted the cameraman to do his job and not try to catch Bryson in a "gotcha" moment. Some could say that is his job but I feel it's his job to cover the golf being played and not follow a guy hoping that he does more to help the ratings. Who knows, it was probably the guy in the production van that told him to hurry up and stay on Bryson in hopes that he shows more "passion"

Balionis is awkward

i've noticed that about her...i wouldn't shy away if she wanted a comment (or more :rolleyes:) from me but she's no alex curry

I don’t have a problem with someone acting like a dick but I have a problem with someone acting like a dick then complaining that people have seen it and people will get the wrong impression of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping to watch a little coverage today at least. Hard to sit inside in front of the tv when your up at the family cabin for the weekend.

Also, this whole “protect” the players thing from Bryson is laughable. How about this, don’t act like a schmuck and it won’t be on camera, or, do and just own it. Don’t try to manufacture and massage your persona.

This stance of his is laughable. If you’re doing things to make yourself be in the limelight more, then own it when you act like a dummy.

Also, this whole “protect” the players thing from Bryson is laughable. How about this, don’t act like a schmuck and it won’t be on camera, or, do and just own it. Don’t try to manufacture and massage your persona.

This stance of his is laughable. If you’re doing things to make yourself be in the limelight more, then own it when you act like a dummy.
I couldn’t agree more. You know the cameras are out there and love to pick up that kind of stuff. You don’t get a free pass, We’ve all done it just own it.

I couldn’t agree more. You know the cameras are out there and love to pick up that kind of stuff. You don’t get a free pass, We’ve all done it just own it.
He clearly needs to find the elusive “don’t be a dink” formula to add to his shirt :ROFLMAO:

Back