2018 Ultimate Weekend of Golf Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Lucky participants, we can use this to keep travel ideas and extra round info off the main event thread.

Curious what airport MCers flew into for this, probably a couple carpools aren't a bad idea for those flying in.

Feel free to post up your ideas and plans. I'm wanting to get in Thursday night and leave late Sunday, but not sure if it's to DAB or MCO.

IN for Friday Round at 11:30am at the Conservatory course ($75).

OITW
shinkle
usaf_giles
pjleduc
tpluff
dwchockey13
Molten
PapaJohick
Nerdy_81
JohnSinVA
mtdream
BigDill

Last edited:
I’ll be driving up there from Tampa, probably only have my car (mustang so essentially a 2 seater) so can possibly pick up one. Probably going to leave Thursday at 5 or maybe a little earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpluff,
We can work with the course for extra rounds as well, once we have a headcount and timing.

Ill be driving from Charleston in my SUV so if people need a pick up and can help with that

dang pluffy making the late sunday night flight? Always seems like a good idea until its time for the flight lol

Everyone for the MC flew into Orlando or Jacksonville. I don't think anyone flew into Daytona and Sunday night flight probably not the best idea haha

I guess arriving day is up to when the rooms are available?

Although, either way, I will probably be coming in early thursday morning ish haha.

My tentative plan is to arrive Thrs night (probably Orlando) and head back Monday morning. I would for sure be open to an extra round Friday

Pro tip...dont fly out sunday night lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everyone for the MC flew into Orlando or Jacksonville. I don't think anyone flew into Daytona and Sunday night flight probably not the best idea haha

This is correct. If you can fly into Daytona (JetBlue I believe) that is fantastic. Closest airport by a lot.
Jax is about 75 minutes away at the most
Orlando is 90 minutes

If I had to choose, it would be JAX, because Orlando is up there with the worst airports ever, due to theme park leaving. It's a complete **** show compared to most.

I am making a work trip around the event so I am likely out for extra rounds. Likely arriving Thursday and leaving Tuesday.

Pro tip...dont fly out sunday night lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gotta ask why for this - I think it might be my only option. What’s wrong with the Sunday night flight?

Tpluff,
We can work with the course for extra rounds as well, once we have a headcount and timing.

Count me in for an extra round

Gotta ask why for this - I think it might be my only option. What’s wrong with the Sunday night flight?

Rushing to the airport after golf and a fun weekend is no fun especially if there is time constraints with airports being an hour or more from the location. Plus hanging out after events with other THP'ers is always a great time

Tpluff,
Sounds awesome! Thanks.
dang pluffy making the late sunday night flight? Always seems like a good idea until its time for the flight lol
The brutal reality of being a contract worker: Not working, not getting paid. I'm sure it'll be really bad, but I'm pretty sure I have to do it. Trying alternatives but we will see.

Rushing to the airport after golf and a fun weekend is no fun especially if there is time constraints with airports being an hour or more from the location. Plus hanging out after events with other THP'ers is always a great time

Ahh yes, that stuff is all true. I thought there was something wrong with the actual flight (always over booked, airport is a zoo at that time, etc). I’ll check out travel options this weekend!

Looking at Friday arrival - Monday departure out of JAX, unless there is a Friday round to be had, then plans can change.

My plan was to drive up from Miami on Friday morning and drive home Monday morning, but if it looks like some bonus golf is in the works for Friday, then I am all in for that as well. As plans shape up, I may be able to commandeer my wife’s SUV and make an airport run to and from if that helps anyone.

This is correct. If you can fly into Daytona (JetBlue I believe) that is fantastic. Closest airport by a lot.
Jax is about 75 minutes away at the most
Orlando is 90 minutes

If I had to choose, it would be JAX, because Orlando is up there with the worst airports ever, due to theme park leaving. It's a complete **** show compared to most.

Possible Daytona Options for me - looking more at Monday for departure

But is a 5:30pm out of Daytona cutting it too close on Sunday?

Possible Daytona Options for me - looking more at Monday for departure

But is a 5:30pm out of Daytona cutting it too close on Sunday?

I honestly don’t know yet. We will have fairly early tee times, but also need to draft out equipment.

Monday departure it is hehe

It seems like driving out of Augusta is going to be my best bet. It's only 5 and some change, so probably not much longer than having to deal with airports and rental cars.

BWI has nonstop flights to JAX, so looks like Thursday night in and Monday morning first thing going home. I am in for an extra round on Friday if one is planned.

Back