2014 Morgan Cup Change - Assistant To The Captain

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many have seen, the 2014 Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Golf Event Period, has quite a few changes. We are proud to announce one of those changes today and that is the "Assistant Captain" spot on each team. Over the last 3 weeks, THP has sought out a wonderful panel of people that keep track of the THP forum and all things Morgan Cup related.

This panel is made up of the 4 wonderful captains that have been named, as well as quite a few different companies from throughout the industry. This panel is made up of both companies involved in the event and even those that are not. We have tasked them with selecting 3 THPers that will get automatic bid into the Ultimate Golf Event Period.

This person will have responsibilities in assisting each Captain in the attempt to bring home the trophy.

Since Team THP is complete, we will also announce that assisting Captain Hawk for this journey, will be the one and only defending champion. Few will be able to assist with experience better than Puttin4Bird and we are honored to have him as part of this event again and working with Team THP.

Great idea! Congrats Bird!

Wow! Congrats Puttin4Bird! This strikes me as a great idea and a great way to enhance the experience for everyone involved.

Jake! I just had to have a championship captain in my corner. I'm a lucky guy to have Jake as a friend, coworker, teammate, and now as a person to help guide me through the Morgan Cup.

I love this. I truly do, assistant captains are BRILLIANT in my opinion.

And what better assistant captain for Team THP than the man who won it as a captain last year? HELL. YES.

My captains!!!!

Very cool, congrats on the Asst. captaincy, Bird!

This is awesome! I really like this idea! Congrats Bird! You will rock it.

Another exciting change for the better. I'm not sure how much more qualified for the position you could be as a defending MC Champion Captain. Congrats Jake.

I really like this idea, and there is no one better suited to help Captain Hawk than Jake...he won a Morgan Cup you know. Seriously though, Jake is a guy most of us would jump through a wall for, and has been a tremendous ambassador for THP and a friend since I first met him.

I can't wait to see who will be my assistant captain.

Congrats Jake!

Nice choice! And a cool touch to the '14 Morgan Cup!

#Imwithharry

Congrats Jake, looks like you get to defend

Not a better man than Hollywood! Interesting twist to this next MC. So cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome pick! Jake Rocked it this past year and was a great Captain! I LOVE This idea!

Cool change! And congrats, Jake!

Brilliant idea that also serves to make this event more inclusive. Conrats to Puttin4Bird. Hope I see you there.

Congrats Jake! I think this is a great idea. The captains have a huge amount of work and responsibility, it will be great to have someone you can count on to shoulder some of the load.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Great choice, congrats Jake!

Cool idea. Congrats in advance to the fortunate four who are picked to help.

Jake!!! Congrats!

This is a pretty cool idea, makes it Ryder cup or Presidents cup style, plus there's a lot to do and get done during the MC.

Asst. Capt Jake!

Also, 3 auto-bids in to the MC? Awesome!

Congratulations Dwight Shrute. Errr. Jake.

Keep the mc in the Midwest

Just like Team THP should be constructed. Dang, Captain and Captain's Assistant have one of, if not, the most impressive resumes here. That's going to be an invaluable resource for every team. I love this change and I think it's going to work beautifully. And 3 automatic bids!? That's so cool, but let the work begin!

Wow!!! I honestly am at a loss for words right now. That never happens to me, haha!

I think you all know how much the Morgan Cup means to me. I am so thankful and lucky to be a part of this, I cannot wait and could not be more excited!!!

Captain Hawk.... Let's do this!!

Makes sense to me, Jake is a proven winner and will fill this role perfectly

Back