2013 Srixon ZStar, ZStar XV, and ZStar SL Golf Ball

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
here is the latest offering of the Zstar lineup. I did a ball fitting at http://ballselector.srixon.com/ and was fit for the Zstar and the XV. so Srixon was kind enough to send one of each to see which one best fit my game. I look forward to figuring out which one will help me play better come July.

ZStar
DSC_1027_zps15de8e3b.jpg

DSC_1028_zps73384508.jpg

DSC_1030_zpsf667f7d4.jpg

DSC_1038_zps531bfa40.jpg

DSC_1039_zps3352318e.jpg

ZStar XV

DSC_1031_zpscc84c559.jpg

DSC_1032_zps5b1b782a.jpg

DSC_1035_zps761b2634.jpg

DSC_1037_zpsdba9afc8.jpg

DSC_1040_zpsfa8047dd.jpg

Great thread OneT. Ive always struggled playing a yellow golf ball. Cant wait to see what fits you best!

I think it's great that Srixon got you all balls to test out for the year. Z-Star yellow was my first yellow ball crush.

Nice photos there One-T!

Question: I know the Q-Stars were updated for 2013 but was the Z-Star line updated as well...or are these the same as 2012? Just curious in case I find any on sale, etc.

i think you'll find that the Z-Star is a very nice golf ball.

Nice pics One-t. I haven't received mine yet, but am excited for some side by side testing. I have played the regular Z-STAR before and enjoyed it but it will be nice to see which ball suits my game better by comparing them.

Love the XV - was my gamer all last year, but the I am trying to ween myself off of premium balls. From what I saw from the RBZu last week, I think I may have found my new gamer. Still going to give the new Q Star a shot.

Great thread OneT. Ive always struggled playing a yellow golf ball. Cant wait to see what fits you best!
Color doesnt really bother me at all. I just want performance.
Nice photos there One-T!

Question: I know the Q-Stars were updated for 2013 but was the Z-Star line updated as well...or are these the same as 2012? Just curious in case I find any on sale, etc.
Thats a good question. I dont think it has been updated from last year. But I am not sure. I didnt play either ball at all last year so I am very curious to see how it works out. The one thing I have heard is that the Qstar will be great for the colder months but I am going to prefer one of these balls in the warmer months. Leaves me confused and interested...haha

Awesome stuff One-T. I liked the Z-Star last year but never really played it much. Not sure why. I hop to spend some time with these this year.

Nice thread and posts dude. I really really like the XV. I have played it the last two years (X before it came out). One of my two favorite balls of last season.

Nice thread and posts dude. I really really like the XV. I have played it the last two years (X before it came out). One of my two favorite balls of last season.
interesting. I am very curious about this XV. I have heard great things about it.

I love their yellow. Z-Star is a very underrated ball.

Nice photos there One-T!

I had the same thought as well Cookie. The 2013 QStar box has a new logo on it, and the stripes are offcenter to the left. Where the Z Stars are still centered. Either way, I am excited to try them out. It will be interesting to see how many people like the Tour Yellow or who prefer the Pure White.

I too had the opportunity to enjoy the Srixon online ball fitter, and it suggested the Srixon Z Star XV and the Srixon Z Star. They are defined as comparable to the two balls I played predominately in 2012 (B330, B330s). In addition to this impressive offering, I pursued their pure white offerings and they were incredibly thoughtful to send two dozen for me to learn more about.

While the weather is still very mediocre here in Ohio, I am extremely excited to get the new Z Star offerings on course, and will likely have some thoughts on the quality of the roll off the putter soon.

Srixon Z Star (from the box): "This great feeling, tour caliber ball is designed for players who are looking for a premium ball that offers maximum distance and consistent spin on every shot." It offers a large core to increase distance, a thin urethane cover for consistent spin control, and high end visibility because of the pure white tech.

I expect this ball to perform admirably from fairway to green. With the swing speed ranges of 80-105 MPH, I will be swinging above the ideal range, however, with the early months of spring providing slightly cooler temperatures, it could be the perfect combination for me.

20130221_093625.jpg

20130221_093629.jpg

20130221_093642.jpg

Srixon Z Star XV (from the box): "This firm, tour caliber ball is designed for players with faster swing speeds who are looking for a premium ball that offers maximum distance and reduced spin with long shots, yet maintaining spin control greenside." The large dual-core helps to promote distance and reduced spin on longer shots, as well as the thin urethane cover again providing spin control. Once again, the pure white technology should prove beneficial to those watching in flight.

I have pretty high expectations of the XV being my summer gamer this year, and I hope it is ready for the challenge. Based on the tech, I know I'll need to bring a big game each time I take a swing with it, but I hope the new tech offers ample results and a reasonable feel around the green.

20130221_093523.jpg

20130221_093530.jpg

20130221_093541.jpg

Z Star XV

Z Star XV

I spoke with the Srixon/Cleveland rep at the Fox Cities golf expo and he indicated new Z Star and XV would be out this summer.

I also had heard a Srixon spokesman on PGA Radio on XM say that they had a new "coating" they were applying to the balls to increase short game spin but not affect long game spin. Interesting tidbit.

I started playing the XV in late 2011 and it is my go to ball now. Love the durability and control on 100-150 yard shots. I will be playing it side by side with the 2013 V1x to see if the new Titleist is more durable than the prior version.

Cleveland is really stepping up for you guys this year. Sending out the balls early is going to be great for getting used to how they play and seeing how they fit your game.

I really like the XV, but when I was able to get TP-3 for $25 per dozen I went with the penta. Both balls performed very well for me, but $15 dollars a dozen diff was a no brainer for me

I played the XV a little last year and liked it alot, I think it's fantastic that Cleveland/Srixon sent you guys out balls to test to see which is better for your game.

Some amazing info so far, well done!

2 summers ago I played the XV and really liked it! I've gotten away from spending $4/ball, though. If I can find them on sale, I'm in! Great ball, great performance!

I received the Tour Yellow versions of the Z-Star and XV. Going out to the course now to do a little testing.

That photo of the yellow really captures the finish, very nice.

Color doesnt really bother me at all. I just want performance.

Thats a good question. I dont think it has been updated from last year. But I am not sure. I didnt play either ball at all last year so I am very curious to see how it works out. The one thing I have heard is that the Qstar will be great for the colder months but I am going to prefer one of these balls in the warmer months. Leaves me confused and interested...haha

Long term testing. Love it!

My balls of choice. Enjoy them fellas, the performance balls are both top notch.

The Z-Star in yellow was/is my new favorite ball. You're gonna get great performance from it.

Back