2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad to know it is coming back. I will be interested to see the companies and players involved. Not to mention the venue. I had gone in to this MC thinking it would be my last. But in talking with Jake on Sunday night I found out how much losing sucks. The entire drive home yesterday made me want to go back one more time. Time will tell if that happens or not. Congrats to THP for all of the success you have seen from the first 2 events.

If I'm able to be there next year some how I sure hope you are there too Dean!!

The fact that the MC continues into 2013 is reason enough to have its own thread.

Cookie I have to echo your thoughts, my goal with my support of the MC is to insure its longevity over the years. As you saw this weekend its an amazing life changing experience that deserves all the support one can muster.

My hope is that more and more people embrace the MC and ALL that it has to offer.
My number 1 goal going into this was to ensure that this event happened again = mission accomplished! Ecstatic to see more THP'ers get the opportunity to do this. Simply stated, you can't understand what it feels like until you are there experiencing it - just something so uniquely special.

With that said, I will be there next year helping Team Hackers attempt to defend our title! Long ways out and I have lots of things I want to improve upon in the meantime.

Thank you Josh and Morgan for the opportunity, you are both incredible people that I respect and cherish our friendships.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I am so proud that JB, Morgan, the current and possible future sponsors all thought we did well enough to deserve a shot at doing this again. That would have been victory enough for me. Then to be invited back as a member of the winning team is just unbelievable. It still feels like a dream and if it is, I don't want to wake up yet.

You know what the best part about knowing there will be a 2013 MC?

Knowing that as a participant in 2.0, you are one of the reasons it will continue. Without the 24 golfers, Volunteers, and GG. A 2013 wouldnt be possible. That means, everyone at TMC 2.0 did more than expected. Blew the companies AWAY. I heard 2 companies say, "we WILL be back next year". So, thank you to all involved this year. pat on the back for making 2013 possible.

This thread just makes me tired to think about haha. I was thrilled each time JB said how amazing of a show we put on out there. Everybody involved really did pull together and I think the forum deserves to see it happen again.

Can't say that I have any plans on competing, but I do want to be there if I can.

Cannot wait for more of this to unfold!! It sounds like it was too much of a blast AGAIN to not have another and rightfully so!

One-t,
That was a great post. There is one other thing that makes this incredible. The fact that ONE MAN has a chance to be the Three Time, Three Time, Three Time Morgan Cup Champion.

Knowing that as a participant in 2.0, you are one of the reasons it will continue. Without the 24 golfers, Volunteers, and GG. A 2013 wouldnt be possible. That means, everyone at TMC 2.0 did more than expected. Blew the companies AWAY. I heard 2 companies say, "we WILL be back next year". So, thank you to all involved this year. pat on the back for making 2013 possible.

Now I want to hear you say for sure you will be back next year!

One-t,
That was a great post. There is one other thing that makes this incredible. The fact that ONE MAN has a chance to be the Three Time, Three Time, Three Time Morgan Cup Champion.

Exactly...it would be so cool to have somebody three-peat as MC champion. Although it would also be cool to try and unseat the defending champs as well...:alien:

I had so much fun as a volunteer I would do it again in a heart beat for this one!!

It was more fun than I have had in a long time. You were great and deserve far better than Dean.

very happy to see the sponsors were indeed happy with the way this all turned out

It was more fun than I have had in a long time. You were great and deserve far better than Dean.

Hahaha...this made me spit my coffee out. Everyone involved was amazing. When the forum sees the footage they will understand why we are all raving about the volunteers.

Just knowing that there will be a Morgan Cup in 2013 makes me extremely happy...that means that the 24 of us did our jobs in repping THP, The OEMS and The host site. This is such a special event that it would have killed my soul to see it end. You can tattoo it on Yoccos's ass next to Paul Casey's signature, that I will be there one way or the other next year!

YESSir!!! Great news!

This was so well said dude. It was a team effort and everyone (volunteers, participants, staff, forum, sponsors etc) should be patting themselves on their backs!

i really can't wait to follow the coverage of the 2012 but now knowing how much the sponsors really were impressed with everything i know this is gonna be just Epic stuff to watch this year. really couldn't be happier that things went well and everyone had a great time and made some great friends cause when it comes down to it i think thats the biggest thing about the Morgan Cup and THP in general!

That's true. Hopefully she doesn't realize that anytime soon

Lovely news guys and gals maybe I will be selected and be fortunate enough to do all the tiring things you all did.

I think it's awesome that my brother is a two time champ and I'm a two time loser. I wonder what I did to piss off whatever force there is out there? JB, coolbreeze and I were talking about how much we must suck, LOL

Tmex and I are playing Saturday against That Bearded Wicked Guy and Howzat and those two are opening up a can so Tmex turns to me and says, "Luke, you were destined to not do good in these things, like, you run into buzz saws".

In all seriousness, I'm thrilled there's another one. It means we did a great job. WE DID A GREAT JOB. We carried the equipment threads for months, often with little to no support. We talked about preparation, often among each other. There were forum members that jumped in and joined in with us and I truly hope that they are the ones who get selected to represent the forum in the next MC. That's the way it should be. I think the volunteers, those who weren't selected, but still showed up, I think they should be selected. But hey, it's only my opinion :alien:

JB, GG, thanks for putting up with us, with complaints, with cliques, with mob mentality, b/c what happened over this past weekend, the success from it, and the pure emotion that came from it, that's what this is all about! The 2012 MC blew the original MC out of the water and I would expect the same next year. You know I'll be here to support it no matter what.

Good deal! I'm not good enough to qualify for this but knowing that's its coming I hope I'll be able to line this up right do i can go down and volunteer. I'd live to be apart of this.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Lots of PM's guys and thank you for the kind words. Rather than respond to every single one, I will answer all the questions here.

We have not said anything about venue. You never know where the 2013 Morgan Cup will be.
There will be changes as there is every year to the THP events.
Two things that will not change, minimum post count and handicap minimum.
Working on something for Albatross Club Members as far as entering, but have not finalized anything on that note as it stands.

Very glad to hear this. The qualifications to get in should be interesting. JB/GG always step it up a notch every year.

JB,
Do you do an After Action Review with the sponsor's? Any chance you can share some of the good and the bad that the OEM's specifically mention?

I think it's awesome that my brother is a two time champ and I'm a two time loser. I wonder what I did to piss off whatever force there is out there? JB, coolbreeze and I were talking about how much we must suck, LOL

Tmex and I are playing Saturday against That Bearded Wicked Guy and Howzat and those two are opening up a can so Tmex turns to me and says, "Luke, you were destined to not do good in these things, like, you run into buzz saws".

In all seriousness, I'm thrilled there's another one. It means we did a great job. WE DID A GREAT JOB. We carried the equipment threads for months, often with little to no support. We talked about preparation, often among each other. There were forum members that jumped in and joined in with us and I truly hope that they are the ones who get selected to represent the forum in the next MC. That's the way it should be. I think the volunteers, those who weren't selected, but still showed up, I think they should be selected. But hey, it's only my opinion :alien:

JB, GG, thanks for putting up with us, with complaints, with cliques, with mob mentality, b/c what happened over this past weekend, the success from it, and the pure emotion that came from it, that's what this is all about! The 2012 MC blew the original MC out of the water and I would expect the same next year. You know I'll be here to support it no matter what.

God you and your brother just have a way with words. Excellent post dude. I'll be interested in seeing how this all stacks up but more than anything, so appreciative it's happening again.

Very awesome that there'll be a 2013 Morgan Cup. I hope the volunteer rate doubles and the board participation triples due to all the buzz this year's created!

I am so glad to know it is coming back. I will be interested to see the companies and players involved. Not to mention the venue. I had gone in to this MC thinking it would be my last. But in talking with Jake on Sunday night I found out how much losing sucks. The entire drive home yesterday made me want to go back one more time. Time will tell if that happens or not. Congrats to THP for all of the success you have seen from the first 2 events.

The bolded part above is pretty much exactly how I feel. Selfishly, I also want to pair up with you again for a scramble match, we make a great team!

Jarret, I know that other people have said it, but I'll put it out there again: you get what the event is all about more than just about anyone else. I was honored to share a round with you on Sunday, I can't wait until we get to tee it up again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back