2012 THP Fantasy Golf

Poor paulo, he can't pick Euros every week.

Neither can I though :(

I'll be claiming European heritage for quite a few players come the halfway point of the season!

But it also depends on who's playing in that week's tourney.

Absolutely. There are quite a few factors!

There is still room in leagues 2 and 3 everyone. It's FREE and you can win an awesome THP prize pack, why not!?!

My strange starter is Bryce Molder. I have a funny feeling that he might do well. Last year, 2 guys who won late were in it to win it (J-Byrd and Garrigus). And since I don't like Kevin Na, I think the late winner who will do well is Bryce Molder.

I like how you can switch your players off your bench after each round (that is correct right?). This will make each round more interesting as well.

Ok, I'm still learning how to play fantasy golf so this should be fun.

I'm in! Cant wait to play with everyone again. Was lots of fun last time!

Quick reminder that the event starts Friday this week and not Thursday.

There is still room in leagues 2 and 3 everyone. It's FREE and you can win an awesome THP prize pack, why not!?!

I didn't see we were playing for a prize pack. Wow I thought this was another one just for fun. Okay time to get more serious! haha

question...

Each player can only be started 10 times? Yes/no? I tried to find the rules and have not yet.

oh, I found it, it appears this is true. Only 10 starts for the whole year? ouch

question...

Each player can only be started 10 times? Yes/no? I tried to find the rules and have not yet.

oh, I found it, it appears this is true. Only 10 starts for the whole year? ouch
That's right buddy, choose wisely!

If they are on your bench and you dont move them...then it never counts as a start...correct?!?

If they are on your bench and you dont move them...then it never counts as a start...correct?!?

I also did not know how the bench works. When can they be moved from bench to starting during the tourney?

I believe if they are on your bench but you never move them into your foursome then it does not count as a start. I haven't done a Yahoo league in a while, I need to read up on the starting players vs. bench players but I think you can move any bench player to your foursome prior to the start of the tournament round. Say once a tournament starts and one of the guys in your foursome sucks you can move a bench player in his spot. Otherwise once you have your lineup submitted and the tournament starts you're stuck with the guys you have in.

I also did not know how the bench works. When can they be moved from bench to starting during the tourney?
Maybe if someone you have going doesnt make the cut you can put someone in from your bench?

That is correct. Your bench acts as a buffer for guys that miss the cut that are starting, or need replacement because they are not playing well.

What kind of ramifications does it have if you move someone from the bench to starting? Does it just count as a "start" for the bench guy?

Here's more about the maximum starts and moving players on your reserve. There is a whole breakdown of the rules under "Help" in the upper right.

If you join the game before the scheduled conclusion of the 4th tournament of the year, each golfer in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Golf can be an active member of your team in no more than 10 tournaments. If you join after the 4th tournament of the year, you will receive progressively fewer remaining starts, as follows:
Join WeekStarts Remaining
1-410
5-89
9-128
13-167
17-206
21-245
25-284
29-323
33-372
Note: If you join during the tournament of a given week, you will be given the starts remaining as of that week. For example, if you join during week 16's tournament, you will be given 7 starts remaining.Note: If you join between tournaments, you will be given the starts remaining as of the upcoming tournament. For example, if you join between week 4's and week 5's tournaments, you will be given 9 starts remaining.For purposes of this game, if you have a golfer active for any one round of a tournament, it counts as him playing in that tournament.Conversely, a golfer who is on your team, but stays in a reserve position for all four rounds, does not get credit for a tournament played.When a golfer has reached the maximum starts limit and thus has 0 starts remaining, he no longer accumulates any fantasy points (including bonus points) for your team, even if he occupies an active roster spot.When a golfer has reached the maximum starts limit, he is not eligible to earn points on your roster under any circumstances. While you're welcome to keep a capped player on your roster, it's in your best interest to remove the player in favor of a golfer who is eligible to earn points.This limit applies to the entire Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Golf season and does not reset in a new segment. E.g., if you use a golfer 10 times in the first segment of the season, he isn't eligible to earn any fantasy points for the remainder of the season.If a golfer is on your active roster for a given tournament, but doesn't participate in that real-life event for any reason, he isn't credited with a tournament played.The number of tournaments each golfer has remaining for you is listed in a box in the "Starts Left" column on your team page next to each golfer's name.

That is correct. Your bench acts as a buffer for guys that miss the cut that are starting, or need replacement because they are not playing well.

Thanks!!

What kind of ramifications does it have if you move someone from the bench to starting? Does it just count as a "start" for the bench guy?

I would assume so, in the rules it says if they onl start for 1 round it takes a start away.

I wish the MC trash talk thread that this same type of flexibility, I could see some "trash" talkers hitting the bench.

A little more regarding setting your active foursome:

Before each tournament round, you must select a starting foursome via your Team page. This active group must include one golfer from the A List, two from the B List, and one from the C List.To activate a golfer, swap him into the "My Foursome" section at the top of your roster and then click "Submit."A message appears below your roster of players if you don't have the required number of golfers active in one or more groups.Non-activated (bench) golfers on your roster don't score points for your team, but can be activated for future rounds during the tournament. If you change a golfer's status, you must clickSave Roster, or your moves aren't saved.If you want to use the same active golfers for each round of a tournament, no action is required on your part after you initially activate the golfers.To move a player from your bench to active do the following:
  • Go to the MY TEAM tab
  • Left click on the player you want to move
  • Start to move the player
  • Drag the player to any of the highlighted spaces and drop
golf_moving_player_from_bench.jpg
Your lineup carries forward unchanged through each round of the tournament if you don't make any changes.

thanks Jake...I am gonna hate saying this because it makes twice today. Jake was smarter than me.

Back