2012 Srixon Golf Ball Lineup

Ponder mode on the Z Star SL has been activated. Would be nice to compare to the regular Z Star.

Looks like Srixon wants to go head to head with BStone.e6 -> QStarRX330 -> Z Star SL

I know you all are still sharing content from the PGA Show, but I'm wondering if you had any conversations about the SL while you were there?

I love the Qstar ball as it has everything possible I need out of a golf ball and the price is right.

I'm actually really curious about the Jr Star. Maybe I'll buy a box for my little brother. He could use them I think.

I really like the idea of a ball designed for junior golfers.

Word thru the grapevine is that the Jr Star is all marketing, Srixon actually feels like the green box is the best ball they offer for Jr. players.

Im not sure it is designed to. The Z-Star and/XV would be closer to those in my opinion (in that order) and the SL would is a little easier to compress.

I have to agree with you JB. I have compaired them myself and found them they are close, but I do like the the Z-Stars out of the three. The SL are easier to compress and I compair them to calloway HX and Taylormade Burners. An it is only my opinion, but you have to try them for yourself to see what ball fits your swing.

I have to agree with you JB. I have compaired them myself and found them they are close, but I do like the the Z-Stars out of the three. The SL are easier to compress and I compair them to calloway HX and Taylormade Burners. An it is only my opinion, but you have to try them for yourself to see what ball fits your swing.

Isn't the SL a urethane covered ball?

I know you all are still sharing content from the PGA Show, but I'm wondering if you had any conversations about the SL while you were there?

Not really, but mine should be here today.

Word thru the grapevine is that the Jr Star is all marketing, Srixon actually feels like the green box is the best ball they offer for Jr. players.

Every ball is marketing. But if you mean that there are no differences, that is false.

Every ball is marketing. But if you mean that there are no differences, that is false.

No where did I say that they weren't different, just stated that Srixon thinks the green box balls are the best Jr. ball they make.

The phrase "all marketing" through me off to mean that there is no substance behind them. Im sure you can see where it might have been taken that way.

I really enjoy the srixon soft feel!! I don't hit big long drives but I really try to make it for it in my short game and I feel this ball helps with that. I think I will keep playing them unless something else is recommended or falls into my lap. They just seem to fit me I could be wrong never been fitted for a ball but have considered it. really liking this ball for the past few rounds. Would recommend it for high handicap players.

I've been playing the Q-Star almost exclusively lately and admittedly I used to think spin came only from a soft urethane cover but this ball has changed my mind a good bit. From the performance off the tee to how fits my game around the green I'm pretty convinced its the best srixon ball for me. The design helps reduce side-spin off the driver and the core is easy to compress without being mushy. Also it gives me a nice soft feel on shots that require a bit more touch.

Where the ball has really shined for me lately is out of greenside bunkers, typically I have a hard time with stopping shots quickly from the sand, not the case with the Q-Star. I can now rely on a little check and minimal release.

I've played the same sleeve of balls over my last 3 rounds and only has a scuff, which came from an errant iron shot off a palm tree.

I've been playing the Q-Star almost exclusively lately and admittedly I used to think spin came only from a soft urethane cover but this ball has changed my mind a good bit. From the performance off the tee to how fits my game around the green I'm pretty convinced its the best srixon ball for me. The design helps reduce side-spin off the driver and the core is easy to compress without being mushy. Also it gives me a nice soft feel on shots that require a bit more touch.

Where the ball has really shined for me lately is out of greenside bunkers, typically I have a hard time with stopping shots quickly from the sand, not the case with the Q-Star. I can now rely on a little check and minimal release.

I've played the same sleeve of balls over my last 3 rounds and only has a scuff, which came from an errant iron shot off a palm tree.

Glad to hear it's working out for you, the Q-Star yellow has always intrigued me. I've never used a non-white ball.

I actually played all three (Q, Z, XV) yesterday at different times. To say I prefer the Q-Star off the tee would be an understatement. I liked the XV off irons and wedges. Z-Star just wasn't doing much for me yesterday, but I'm not convinced that it wasn't just due to bad luck.

I want the SL. I talked to the guy at Dick's and he said March 18th. A little softer off the tee with the spin around the green may be the ticket. If not, I'll gladly play the Q.

Yummy.

44c86e7c-950e-0b96.jpg

Awesome.

Please hit those things right now.

JB, have you noticed a huger difference between the white and yellow? Does it make you pay attention more to the ball?

I really haven't. Now some might see it, but I really have not noticed a huge difference from the Srixon line.

Played 18 with the SL yesterday and I'm beyond clueless which Srixon ball I like the most. The SL feels incredible off the driver and does give me some perceived distance gain over the Q-Star off the tee, not much but every little bit counts. With the irons I didn't noticed any distance change or different ball flight vs the Q-Star. I did see similar spin from irons into greens with the SL though, hit and hop at most with the occasional spin back, which is something I do not play for at all.

Overall the SL feels a tad softer than the Q-Star all around, one place that I found myself preferring the SL was on little shots around the green where I didn't have much room to work with, just found it a tad easier to get a little more spin. The cover was very durable, zero issues with it scuffing or showing wear that would render it unplayable.

--
tapatalk

Thanks for the update, SW. This one should be on shelves around here in about 2 weeks.

Back