2012 ShopRite LPGA Classic (Spoilers)

ddxu

Reaction score
Handicap
The ladies tee it up again starting today in Galloway, NJ for the ShopRite LPGA Classic. Brittany Lincicome is the defending champ.

Dates: Jun 1-3
Format: 54 Holes
Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club
Galloway, NJ
Par: 71
Yardage: 6,155
Purse: $1.5 Million

Coverage:
Friday - 12:30 Eastern (GC)
Saturday - 2:30 Eastern (GC)
Sunday - 2:00 Eastern (GC)

Looking forward to following 2012 THP Outing attendees Moira Dunn & Kris Tamulis this week. Cleveland Staffer (and Morgan Cup welcoming committee) is also in the field this week. Hope for some good scores and interesting storylines as this plays out this week.

Thanks for posting this. Remember talking with Kris about this being her next event, will definitely be following her and Moira.

Go Angela!

Michelle Wie with the knee socks. I don't like them.

Oh wow. I didn't know this was this weekend. I REALLY hope I can make it on Sunday to support Kris and Moira. That would be awesome.

Is Lexy Thompson Rickie Fowler on the ladies side? Love all the vivid orange.

Go Brittany and the repeat!

Is Lexy Thompson Rickie Fowler on the ladies side? Love all the vivid orange.

Have you seen Anna Nordqvist lately? Lexi has been getting progressively brighter but back in Mobile, Anna looked like she was trying to make highlighter jealouse (it works for here though. I hope she keeps rocking it but my gosh it's bright).

Wie is back to using a regular putter. Didn't know she stopped using the longer putter.

Wie is back to using a regular putter. Didn't know she stopped using the longer putter.

Daddy probably insisted on it.

Wie needs to cut Dad and go see Stockton or something. Her putting needs serious work and it's not getting better. Any other coach would likely haven been replaced by now.

Paula Creamer must be doing well. She isn't pouting and yelling at her caddy.

Last edited:
Lexi Thompson is really tan. She is like the opposite of Stacy Lewis.

Just tuned in. Michelle Wie looks like a clown.

She dropped the belly putter three or four events ago. This week the switch is to crosshanded with the short putter. She'd been conventional recently.

Yikes, coming back from a commercial break it sounded like Tom Abbott blurted out an obscenity, thinking they were still off the air, and with Michelle's name attached to the end. Something like, "aw **** Michelle." And the word started with F, not S.

As I'm typing this, Abbott apologized, insisting the word he used was not what it sounded like. No doubt there were viewer complaints. It certainly sounded like the F word, but I haven't gone back to listen again.

that's certainly what I thought he said

nice to see Paula playing well, hopefully it can continue going forward

and Wie just looks like she's getting worse

Munoz is pretty hot, and she's playing pretty well. Nice to see Grace Park out there too.

It is what he said, even if he says it's not.

Lexi Thompson is really tan. She is like the opposite of Stacy Lewis.

Hahah. My wife and I call Stacy "Casper" when we're watching her. She's viciously good though.

Just tuned in. Michelle Wie looks like a clown.

No disagreement here.

Yikes, coming back from a commercial break it sounded like Tom Abbott blurted out an obscenity, thinking they were still off the air, and with Michelle's name attached to the end. Something like, "aw **** Michelle." And the word started with F, not S.

Meh. I know this will stir people up but as long as nothing happens like that Clock debacle from the other week he gets a pass from me.

Neither did someone in the trailer. Did you hear the "aww f*** Michelle" when they returned from a commercial? Someone had a big boo-boo. Lol

Yes, that was hilarious and ill-advised of Tom Abbott. Still, I cannot say that I am all that surprised, considering he coined the term "Yani-gun" (short for a mulligan shot hit by visiting LPGA pro Yani Tseng) during the 2nd episode of BB Atlantis.

That was a pretty half-hearted apology by Tom Abbott. Even John Edwards sounded more sincere when he apologized at the conclusion of his (mis)trial.

She dropped the belly putter three or four events ago. This week the switch is to crosshanded with the short putter. She'd been conventional recently.

As I'm typing this, Abbott apologized, insisting the word he used was not what it sounded like. No doubt there were viewer complaints. It certainly sounded like the F word, but I haven't gone back to listen again.

I thought Tom Abbott said it. On other forums it's being attributed to Jane Crafter. It definitely sounded like a bit of an accent so I immediately assumed Abbott but Crafter fits also.

When Abbott apologized 15 minutes later I thought that sealed it, since the person who made the remark invariably is asked to apologize on air. That's what Ron Jaworski did during Monday Night Football last year. But come to think of it, Abbott seemed to distance himself from the comment, saying he didn't "think" the offensive word was used.

Switching between this and the Memorial...

Stacy Lewis -9 thru 9, has 3 up on the field. Yani moving up to the front page of the leader board.

Last edited:
Belen Mozo and Asahara Munoz are running the broadcast. They're very talented.

Kevin

Back