2 weeks in Ireland!

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Leaving this week for two weeks in Ireland. From Dublin south to Cork then West to Killarney and Galway. All this time exploring Southern Ireland without my golf clubs. 😞

However, the top secret plan is to get the trip with the misses out of the way only to return for a golf trip with buddies in the future. 🤫

I'll do my best to post some pics of the golf courses that I'll be RIGHT NEXT TO WITHOUT MY CLUBS.

You’re doing this all wrong. You need to play test rounds to know which ones to hit again on your golf trip.

Just gonna point out, I bet these places have rental clubs… 😇

Will be doing almost the same in June. Might be able to squeeze in 9 holes one day while we’re at Dromoland (with rentals).

Leaving this week for two weeks in Ireland. From Dublin south to Cork then West to Killarney and Galway. All this time exploring Southern Ireland without my golf clubs. 😞

However, the top secret plan is to get the trip with the misses out of the way only to return for a golf trip with buddies in the future. 🤫

I'll do my best to post some pics of the golf courses that I'll be RIGHT NEXT TO WITHOUT MY CLUBS.
I used to work for Guinness and was in Dublin about once a month for a year and a half. If you need any Dublin recos (bars, things to do, etc), let me know

I used to work for Guinness and was in Dublin about once a month for a year and a half. If you need any Dublin recos (bars, things to do, etc), let me know
Thanks, got our Guinness tour booked. Staying in Temple Bar and will probably try out a different place each night that has music and food.

We were there in August for the Notre Dame vs Navy game and Dublin was fun, but it is a huge city with the normal big city issues. We liked the smaller cities better (Killarney, Galway, Athlone and Ennis).

I did play one round while there, at Lahinch, which was a blast and I had great weather for it (no wind and no rain).

Enjoy the trip, we did and we will be going back.

Thanks, got our Guinness tour booked. Staying in Temple Bar and will probably try out a different place each night that has music and food.
I HIGHLY recommend also booking in a visit to the open gate brewery immediately following the Guinness storehouse. It’s about a three minute walk and they always have amazing, unique beers on tap.

I always like to stop at the brazen head for a pint or even lunch On my way to the storehouse. It’s Dublin‘s oldest pub and has a lot of character.

I HIGHLY recommend also booking in a visit to the open gate brewery immediately following the Guinness storehouse. It’s about a three minute walk and they always have amazing, unique beers on tap.

I always like to stop at the brazen head for a pint or even lunch On my way to the storehouse. It’s Dublin‘s oldest pub and has a lot of character.
On my list to do!

Safe travels and enjoy!

I HIGHLY recommend also booking in a visit to the open gate brewery immediately following the Guinness storehouse.
Closed for renovations.

BTW, we did a tasting tour at Teeling Distillery. We could not get into Jameson as they were fully booked.

IMG_4779.jpeg
Stop by Lahinch for a pic and a pint!

BTW, we did a tasting tour at Teeling Distillery. We could not get into Jameson as they were fully booked.
Booked Jameson right after Guinness. I might need a nap afterward.

I did a 10-day trip to Scotland with my wife in 2015....didn't golf at all, but still had a wonderful time in St Andrews. My wife loved it there. (We went back last summer, and golf was the focus that time.)

We leave on May 15th for 2 weeks in Ireland as well, and golf is already booked on the schedule.

Point being, whether or not you play golf, you'll still have an awesome trip! Re-con for your next trip back to Ireland....

Have a great time.

There is another THPer who is in the air to Ireland right now.

*** Dublin was fun, but it is a huge city with the normal big city issues. We liked the smaller cities better (Killarney, Galway, Athlone and Ennis).

I did play *** Lahinch, which was a blast and I had great weather for it (no wind and no rain).
From my Ireland experience I 100% agree with this ^^^

We were there in August for the Notre Dame vs Navy game and Dublin was fun, but it is a huge city with the normal big city issues. We liked the smaller cities better (Killarney, Galway, Athlone and Ennis).

I did play one round while there, at Lahinch, which was a blast and I had great weather for it (no wind and no rain).

Enjoy the trip, we did and we will be going back.
Staying one night in Lahinch. Just staying in Dublin long enough to see the normal sights and then getting out into the country.

Back