abovetherimcd

Reaction score
Handicap
Hows it going everyone? Before I ask for advice hybrid is not the club for me. Ive tried 4 different hybrids and none of them have been my answer.

I need to get my 2I higher in the air to gain additional yardage to fill the gap in my bag.

Currently I hit my 2I off the tee at 235 carry. (My fairway finder, when driver isnt cooperating) However off the turf, im not able to get the height I need and im landing it around 215-220.

Leaving a big hole between my 3W which i hit about 265.

Currenly I play the same iron shaft in the 2I that I play from wedge on up. KBS $ Taper 130.

If i was to go lighter and put a hybrid graphite shaft in with a mid launch. Would this solve my issue? I dont want to have to play a higher lofted 3W and not be able to scare long par 5s.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Graphite shaft did me a world of good when I made my 4i replacement. I used the shaft from my 2i utility that I had good luck with. Graphite Design DI-95 hybrid shaft.

Also look into any fairway woods 5w/7w?

Graphite shaft did me a world of good when I made my 4i replacement. I used the shaft from my 2i utility that I had good luck with. Graphite Design DI-95 hybrid shaft.

Also look into any fairway woods 5w/7w?
I dont want to take the 2I out. So not really interested in additoonal fw metals.

i play the ventus blue TR 6x in both driver and fw wood. Should i play a stiffer hb shaft in the iron like an 9x, and do you play it at the same length as a std 2I?

Last edited:
What distance do you hit your 4-iron?

What about a 5w or 7w?
I really feel comfortable with the 2I. Its my fairway finder 230ish carry with 250 rollout off the tee. If i had to choose a fairway i had to hit, this is my club. I just want to be able to fill a bigger gap with it off the deck by getting it a little higher in thr air.

210 carry
Have you checked the shaft length against your 4-iron? It should be one inch longer. The only other thing is your divot should be around two inches in front of the ball from the fairway.

If you change the shaft in the 2i will it not change the shot off the tee when you use it off the tee ? Just curious.

I use a t200 with a GD AD shaft as my 2 iron and it goes much better than my 2 udi with a lbs c taper. Graphite shafts make a world of difference on getting the ball in the air.

I wish I was a 9 handicap hitting 235 yard 2irons! lol.

What 2i do you play? Traditional iron or a newer utility 2i designed for higher ball flight? Several pro’s are gaming higher launch designed 2i’s for the very reason you mention. Also, KBS does have a hybrid shaft. It’s worth a try to see if that helps.

I wish I was a 9 handicap hitting 235 yard 2irons! lol.

What 2i do you play? Traditional iron or a newer utility 2i designed for higher ball flight? Several pro’s are gaming higher launch designed 2i’s for the very reason you mention. Also, KBS does have a hybrid shaft. It’s worth a try to see if that helps.
I play the Srixon ZX 2 Iron. Std Loft 18*.

I didn't pay attention to the swing speed with it last time I was in the Sim. But my driver is right at 118. I am just not getting the trajectory I need out of the 2I right now.

I came from baseball, so getting my hips through as never been an issue. Now when i first started OTT was a pain to get over. Now if I could only putt I'd order a venmo bag tag HA!

Hows it going everyone? Before I ask for advice hybrid is not the club for me. Ive tried 4 different hybrids and none of them have been my answer.

I need to get my 2I higher in the air to gain additional yardage to fill the gap in my bag.

Currently I hit my 2I off the tee at 235 carry. (My fairway finder, when driver isnt cooperating) However off the turf, im not able to get the height I need and im landing it around 215-220.

Leaving a big hole between my 3W which i hit about 265.

Currenly I play the same iron shaft in the 2I that I play from wedge on up. KBS $ Taper 130.

If i was to go lighter and put a hybrid graphite shaft in with a mid launch. Would this solve my issue? I dont want to have to play a higher lofted 3W and not be able to scare long par 5s.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.
On paper, yes. Always a YMMV type situation but yeah I would think a mid launch or just a shaft with a softer tip section would help add a bit of height

I play the Srixon ZX 2 Iron. Std Loft 18*.

I didn't pay attention to the swing speed with it last time I was in the Sim. But my driver is right at 118. I am just not getting the trajectory I need out of the 2I right now.

I came from baseball, so getting my hips through as never been an issue. Now when i first started OTT was a pain to get over. Now if I could only putt I'd order a venmo bag tag HA!
Haha. I've seen a few of those hanging on some bags!

That's a sweet 2i! To your issue, I would look at a high launch shaft or try increasing the loft 1*. As noted, higher off the ground will mean higher off a tee. YMMV

Thanks guys to the BST section I go in search of a ventus blue 9x.

Back