Search results for query: *

1. JohnnyO3478

Complete "Complete Relief"?

Rule 16 offers free relief if an abnormal course condition interferes with your intended area of stance or your swing path. In one case that seems to come up from time to time on my home course the ball comes to rest next to (touching) the cart path on one particular hole, on the side that is...
  2. JohnnyO3478

Runaway Remote Cart

I was in a three ball group with a couple of random fellows yesterday - behind two foursomes that were bachelor party guys scrambling. We thought we were in for a long day - but these guys were not holding us up at all on the front. We DID run into them on the 10th tee - and they offered to...
  3. JohnnyO3478

If It's Not Scottish ....

.... IT'S CRAP! Clan Hay here!
  4. JohnnyO3478

Awesome Golf - Update - New Courses Coming

APRIL 2024 COMMUNITY UPDATE Dear Awesome Golfers, As we approach the golfing season in the northern hemisphere, we hope that your launch monitors have facilitated improvements in your game across the winter as we transition to more outside golf. It’s been a busy start to the year where we met...
  5. JohnnyO3478

Bogey(ish) Golf - With No Putter

With a new backyard putting green at the house it was only a matter of time before I showed up on the green of the first hole I was playing only to realize that my putter is leaning against something at my house. And that day is today. After I schemed about calling the wife to meet me with...
  6. JohnnyO3478

Stewart Vertx

You've got about 16 hours to let me know why buying one of these is a bad idea. The Pre-Season sale ends that soon. Note: I do not care about follow capability; I do not need my cart to provide GPS for me; I play all year long; My course is mostly flat with the exeption of 3 holes on the back...
  7. JohnnyO3478

Didja Ever Have a Good Round Going And Then ....

.... take 3 strokes to get out of an easy greenside bunker on 9 ...
  8. JohnnyO3478

The Acme of Foolishness ...

.... changing a putter grip when putting well - just 'cus the other one feels better in the store .... We shall see.
  9. JohnnyO3478

One Way to be Certain ...

If you really want to be sure you made the right decision moving on from a set of irons - go ahead and hit them one last time while the new owner is traveling to your house to pick them up. I had not hit my old set since I bought the new ones last November ish. I had them for sale but figured...
  10. JohnnyO3478

Lamkin Sink Fit Pistol Putter Grip

If you have experience with both the rubber and poly versions of this grip - please let me know if the shape seems the same or if there are any glaring differences. Thanks.
  11. JohnnyO3478

My Backyard Putting Green Project

Today is the beginning of the installation. We are using STI products. The putting surface will be the NP45 - set up to roll around a 10 - with 4 lit cups. The rough will be their Bermuda clone. It's going to take up the entirety of what I have as a backyard. Here are the before pix (foggy...
  12. JohnnyO3478

GHIN 9-Hole Differential

This time of year, we play a lot of 9 hole rounds after work. It will be two years next month or so since I took up the game. I started 2024 with an index of 20.0 and it is slowly coming down - 18.8 this morning. Side note - I broke 40 for the first time ever last night! The new 2024 rule...
  13. JohnnyO3478

Courses in the St. Paul MN Area

Will be visiting family this spring. Staying in Woodbury. Walking distance to Eagle Valley and Prestwick. Are either or both worth a go? Any other must play courses nearby?
  14. JohnnyO3478

First Tourney

I played in my first (what I'd call) competetive tournament this past weekend. It was a two man team affair at my club with about 52 teams competing. Nine holes of better ball and nine holes scrambling. I'm a 20 index player and my partner is a 24. Our goal was to not finish DFL. Mission...
  15. JohnnyO3478

Cracked Maxfli Tour CG

Craxfli? Let's hope not. I am a fan of most of the 3 pc urathane covered balls that come out of the Foremost factory - 3 of the 4 that I've tried, anyway. Currently, I use the Maxfli Tour CG and have found its performance on my launch monitor and the course to be essentially indistinguishable...
  16. JohnnyO3478

Clicgear Wheel Kit

When the wife and I took up golf almost 2 years ago, it was with the premise that we'd be walkers. I bought us a couple of Clicgear 4.0 carts. Got them at Costco so the color choice was limited to white. Fast forward to this past few months, I upgraded my bag to a new gray Vessel that...
  17. JohnnyO3478

Tournament /Event Flights

New to entering organized events at my club. What is the thought behind breaking up thr field into flights after the round as opposed to before the round? See the flyer:
  18. JohnnyO3478

JohnnyO3478 - WITB

You can see the list in my signature - and here's a poorly shot video of the container plus contents. I am sure my GDI is off the charts by most people's standards - but I hope you enjoy!
  19. JohnnyO3478

The Wife Made Me Do It

Thanks for the add .... Just turned 58 - living in K-ville, TN for coming up on 30 years. Tried golf as a kid in NE Ohio - no instruction. Tried golf as a young adult - crappy instruction, never approached even semi-decent results. Moved on to tennis for about 13 years - hurt my back. Took...
Back