Search results for query: *

1. L

Adjustable Weights in Irons

Most Tour pros apply lead tape to their irons and wedges. I am not sure why so many amateur players on internet discussion forums are reluctant to use lead tape.
  2. L

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

A competent instructor spends lots of time on grip technique.
  3. L

What are your expectations for a more forgiving iron than your current gamers to hit more greens?

The golf industry equipment brands are hurting the game by suggesting that over sized iron heads are 'more forgiving'. The truth is that a large head may be harder to swing-square than a compact head. I believe what players should swing is the iron head with which they consistently make their...
  4. L

Our sweetheart Bella passed away…

Sorry for your loss.
  5. L

GolfTEC Lessons

Lots of people in the golf industry tale about "growing the game" but mostly they are spewing nonsense rhetoric. However, Golftec's concept of offering players instruction for improving technique truly is helpful towards growing the game.
  6. L

Foster Dogs

I expect that this one has already found a good home.
  7. L

Chipping on Green?

99.9% of the time greens are not designed so that playing a chip shot is a preferable option to putting. Other than the 17th hole at Pebble Beach and the 6th hole at Riviera CC I am not remembering a golf hole where a Tour player has chipped from a lie on the green, so is this a 'thing'?
  8. L

Would you ever take driver out of the bag pending the course you are playing?

I read what you've written but disagree if you are implying that particular techniques or strategies are not suitable for some players. For example, Nicklaus teacher the late Jack Grout refused instruction to players who did not want to adopt the fundamentally sound grip technique. His reasoning...
  9. L

You consistently reference how your game is unique and, or the common perceptions about golf are not applicable to you. I ask now if you've ever had instruction from a Class A PGA teaching professional?
  10. L

Tiger not exempt for upcoming US Open

Tiger has won 15 Majors, including 3 US Opens. What have you done?
  11. L

The most significant benefit I've found from leaving driver at home (or swinging it off only 3 or 4 tee boxes per round) is to swing rhythm and tempo. Consider that the swing one makes to produce long drives may be different from the hybrid or 7-iron or wedge shot needed for the hole's next...
  12. L

Are Sunglasses Optional?

For those who don't enjoy wearing sunglasses, have you tried real glass instead of the polycarbonate lenses? Most brands do not offer real glass lenses but Randolph Engineering, American Optical, and Vuarnet do and I prefer the real glass for everyday wear as well as while playing golf.
  13. L

My best guess is that at least 50% of players would lower their scoring average without a driver within the bag, including some Tour players.
  14. L

If you've never played rounds of golf without a driver, how do you know what scores you can shoot without a driver? I drive the ball consistently good, and driver play is truly the strongest part of my game.
  15. L

The most fun I've seen players have on a golf course happens when they shoot their lowest 18 hole score.
  16. L

Golf shorts: How short is too short?

The bottom line is if you've got something to show then show it.
  17. L

Benefits to leaving driver at home: 1) 3-wood from a tee box is within 20 yards of driver. 2) shorter shafted 3-wood is easier to hit consistently straight than driver 3) tempo improves (for all clubs within the bag) when driver is out of the picture
  18. L

You are in the Shorts 365 Days A Year Club? Restaurants, parties, holiday dinners etc...? I know a few guys like that and when I meet a stranger wearing shorts on a rainy day I usually ask him if he is in the club and every time the guy will shoot at me a smile filled with pride.
  19. L

I know you were, and I pointed out that if one wants to be traditional he needs to save his short pants for the basketball court, play his golf wearing long pants, and like it.
Back