Search results for query: *

1. Slot708

Convinced my nephew to change majors

My nephew was a straight A student at Mississippi State in their business program.Which specialized in the Golf Course Management program to become a PGA pro at a course.We had a sit down with the family and convinced him working in a pro shop is a dead end deal.He loves golf and was admitted...
  2. Slot708

Western Michigan Golf Vacation

Really excited for this one.Going to be spending 2 weeks around the South Holland area in July.We will be 2 blocks from the beach as well.The state has so many great little towns on the western coast of Lake Michigan to explore Called Harbor Shores and they will be booked solid with outings...
  3. Slot708

Game improvement equipment ?

I keep on getting pop ups on my YouTube from these 2 items 1) is tour striker One Wedge by Martin Chuck 2) SF1 anti slice driver being promoted Thru both are being endorsed by some big name companies and teaching pros. Are these items legit? I can’t see them not be with the backing of...
  4. Slot708

Fallout series on Amazon Prime

Just finished the first episode.And have to say I’m a fan.They really nailed the fallout universe vibe.Vault 33 Was a little worried about this one.But so far it exceeded my expectations
  5. Slot708

How does your public courses handle slow play

What does your public courses do to handle slow play?If your more than a hole behind.Our rangers will tell you to skip a hole to catch up.And if still slow before making the turn.They will ask you kindly to leave and issue a full refund.Or rain check to use on a slow day like Monday or...
  6. Slot708

Impact…is it the main objective?

there is a million ways to swing the golf club.But when it comes down to it.The impact zone is one area where the good players are very similar.One of my favorite books is the “impact zone” by Bobby Clambett.Which really focuses on that one area with many a good drill.Just for fun, post up your...
  7. Slot708

Question 🙋 for the swing gurus

Wanted to ask my pro this question but thought I would give him a break.Ive already bombarded the man with a million and one. Anyways, as a disc golfer along with a regular golfer the motions seem to be similar;However, they are still different by choice or theories.When I throw,lob or drive a...
  8. Slot708

Why are most amateurs steep?

My teaching pro told me about 90% of his students battle the steep.(before his help). Some just play their whole life that way and never try to fix it.Others take many a lesson and still can’t say they conquered it How does the steep always seem to be prevalent in AM’s golf games?Are you one...
  9. Slot708

Last lesson(s) of year swing

Finished my last lesson today.Doing a drill for 30 mins he labels the ‘punisher’.Im hoping that 2024 is a good playing year.Its funny how I feel my speed is 10 mph.But in reality I’ve been hitting some of the best shots I’ve hit with a baby draw in a long long time.Followed my lessons as best I...
  10. Slot708

Are you a solo,or must be a in group golfer?

I often see many solo golfers during the week out trying to beat old man par.Or working constantly on their games hitting multiple shots than one ball.Or I often see people like myself who if we don’t have a group we won’t play alone. Which are you?
  11. Slot708

Beating tension and overly target bound

Kinda using this as a reminder to myself.One thing I worked with my instructor is a way of taking my range swing to the course.He teaches a few European/Lpga and top division 1 players in his stable.And he says the number one fault we all have in common is obsession with the target versus ball...
  12. Slot708

Greatest movies that should never have remakes

My small list (of many) 2001 Space Odyssey Apocalypse Now Alien Godfather I—III Let’s here yours
  13. Slot708

Why not take golf lessons in person ?

Have to say we have some very avid golfers here.If you take your game seriously.Why would you waste time searching YouTube for golf tips?Why not go to a good local instructor.Or go travel to one you like.If you spend as much time and funds as you do on this game.Would think investing in how to...
  14. Slot708

Why do some slice others hook?

Seems like my whole life I battled a hook.When it goes well it is a nice shot.But when off I’m left of the map.A slice seems like it would be more in play imho. Why and how do many of us develop that common natural shot (either slice or hook).Many amateur swings look similar but have opposite...
  15. Slot708

Tucson experiences

Going to be heading over to Tucson in a month.Staying for 2 weeks on the northwest side by Ora Valley.Not going to bring any golf clubs at all..I don’t want to waste the trip on the links.Really want to explore the area and do some great hiking.This is my 20th visit to Arizona and my 4 th trip...
  16. Slot708

Feel vs Real

This age old adage has no wrong or right answers.What someone’s swing looks like may feel completely opposite of their intentions.My instructor told me that the drills he gave me will develop my own unique feels.So if someone feels like they are doing a movement.How can they be wrong
  17. Slot708

Easy amateur swing to learn

Got back from my 3 rd lesson with my pro.And he taught me a simple swing that he termed (the ♾️ infinity).We were going down the path of squatting;rotating and that didn’t seem to work for me.But the infinity ♾️ style motion really made things click for me.Its an inside out swing motion that has...
  18. Slot708

UAP disclosure?

Think we will ever get full closure?
  19. Slot708

Hello

hi. Four decade long weekend warrior here. My swing and game stink Hello to all
Back