It’s all about the clicks

Slot708

🤦‍♂️ hardcore DOS gamer
Reaction score

Isn't that just how the internet works though, it's always all about the clicks. He's making some money from shorts, good for him it is what it is. If you're just doing that though I doubt you're in real competition with Rick Shiels or whomever else - just a guy doing his thing.

The internet is based off of how many people you can make see your content, if you are a content creator.

Stolen videos can be a real problem it happens a lot. Most of these type of pages do send a dm or comment on your original video and ask you to ‘Send this video’ I get those messages constantly. I just ignore the requests now for the most part. I used to mess with them a bit but that got boring.

Stolen videos can be a real problem it happens a lot. Most of these type of pages do send a dm or comment on your original video and ask you to ‘Send this video’ I get those messages constantly. I just ignore the requests now for the most part. I used to mess with them a bit but that got boring.
I’m so out of the loop on this stuff.But the future is this type of social media.Chat forums and such are great for fossils like me I guess.Would easily bet in not so short a time chat forums will go extinct and it will all be short click material

I’m so out of the loop on this stuff.But the future is this type of social media.Chat forums and such are great for fossils like me I guess.Would easily bet in not so short a time chat forums will go extinct and it will all be short click material
Ill take that bet :ROFLMAO:
This one isnt going anywhere and grows every day.

Innvoation and creativity is key

Look at the amount of THPers that post **** from Ziregolf. They literally have zero content, just all stolen from other places.

Ridiculous

Ridiculous
I have a facebook account that I never realized had groups on it.Never knew what instagram,Tick toks, or what Craig’s list was until this year.Im semi retired and a fossile.So how is that ridiculous?Im sorry I’m not into this era of stuff like many.But I’m learning

Isn't that just how the internet works though, it's always all about the clicks. He's making some money from shorts, good for him it is what it is. If you're just doing that though I doubt you're in real competition with Rick Shiels or whomever else - just a guy doing his thing.

The internet is based off of how many people you can make see your content, if you are a content creator.
Content Creating has so little to do with actual Content. Somehow get people to click or scroll or whatever, get paid.

Look at the amount of THPers that post **** from Ziregolf. They literally have zero content, just all stolen from other places.
For those of us that take the time and effort, and put thought into our content it’s super annoying to see some of these pages just wholesale copy/pasting that content and getting millions of views.

Worst part is it’s impossible to know if these places lift your videos unless you endure the hell of subscribing to them. 🤣

I bet THP deals with a lot of these type of requests and copy/paste thefts as well. So annoying.

It's even more than that, though. The culture created here can't be underestimated. The world is full of Richards. I think it's safe to say that most of us can fall into that trap, given the opportunity. Whether it's just the mood of the moment, general disposition, etc. The moderation and, as a result, self moderation of this board is what separates this place from the cess pools of the internet. People get sick of the constant conflict in the digital world. This place has been a welcome respite from all that crap. I think that is also a growth factor for THP. I could be wrong but it's the reason I chose this place when I was looking for a golf forum and the reason I stuck around. The twat-fest that seemed to be welcomed (or, at the very least, not discouraged) by moderators of other forums was an absolute nope for me. 🤷‍♂️

For those of us that take the time and effort, and put thought into our content it’s super annoying to see some of these pages just wholesale copy/pasting that content and getting millions of views.

Worst part is it’s impossible to know if these places lift your videos unless you endure the hell of subscribing to them. 🤣

I bet THP deals with a lot of these type of requests and copy/paste thefts as well. So annoying.
It has been bad at times. From copy and pasting hundreds of our articles under different names for clicks to just stealing our ideas.
We have had a LOT of firsts over the last 15 years, but at the end of the day, we tend to roll with it.

Some companies understand what social media is about. Others think its what matters. We get to choose our partners and thankfully they like our creativity a bit more than theft ********.

I have a facebook account that I never realized had groups on it.Never knew what instagram,Tick toks, or what Craig’s list was until this year.Im semi retired and a fossile.So how is that ridiculous?Im sorry I’m not into this era of stuff like many.But I’m learning
Even though I didn't make the initial comment, I'll try and answer. As you stated, all of this is new to you. So the strength and growth of all of these digital media platforms is also new. To put it into context, it;s like saying to someone 65 years ago that this whole t.v. thing is a fad and will fall to the wayside. It's just a matter of time. Now, that may (in fact) be true. But it's a long, long ways away. Studies show that people spend more time on social media platforms (which message boards and forums are definitely a part of) than they do watching television. For some of us ol' couch potatoes, that seems unfathomable. Forums (in any form), be it Facebook to THP aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I pictured the Leo from "Wolf of Wallstreet" meme. I'm not f'in leavin!

Even though I didn't make the initial comment, I'll try and answer. As you stated, all of this is new to you. So the strength and growth of all of these digital media platforms is also new. To put it into context, it;s like saying to someone 65 years ago that this whole t.v. thing is a fad and will fall to the wayside. It's just a matter of time. Now, that may (in fact) be true. But it's a long, long ways away. Studies show that people spend more time on social media platforms (which message boards and forums are definitely a part of) than they do watching television. For some of us ol' couch potatoes, that seems unfathomable. Forums (in any form), be it Facebook to THP aren't going anywhere any time soon.
Im from the era of 8 track cassettes, beta tapes,AM radio , and cruising on a Friday night with the top down. Its a different ball game, I get it.Heck, you can even say your a cat or dog now and that is considered normal.So I guess, let the good times roll

It wasn’t for my niece.. I would’ve never learned how to text.Sad I know

Im from the era of 8 track cassettes, beta tapes,AM radio , and cruising on a Friday night with the top down. Its a different ball game, I get it.Heck, you can even say your a cat or dog now and that is considered normal.So I guess, let the good times roll

It wasn’t for my niece.. I would’ve never learned how to text.Sad I know
Not sad. Hell, the majority of this stuff I learned from my own kids. They were raised in it. They know no life without it. By the time I started "cruising main" 8 tracks were a thing of the past but I had a cassette collection that needed to be stored in the trunk. We're not too far removed, brother.

Back