Search results for query: *

1. Floridatennisplayer

Well, this is sobering……

I kind of instinctively knew this was the case but I guess it was nice to see it confirmed. I was those somewhat surprised, especially considering all the factors, high-tech Golf heads, customize, shafts, customized golf balls to your swing, speed and style, GPS for exact distance measuring…...
  2. Floridatennisplayer

Dynamic Gold Mid 100. Love them!

After many discussions with my friends at Golf Galaxy I needed to re-shaft one of my sets of 1986 Wilson Staff Fluid Feel irons. I went with the above irons, and I must say they are absolutely perfect for me. R300. I’m 69 years old and I have a very smooth tempo that speeds up through impact...
  3. Floridatennisplayer

Our sweetheart Bella passed away…

I’m heartbroken 💔. 14 years of pure enjoyment every single day.
  4. Floridatennisplayer

Anyone else here just more comfortable playing blades vs anything else?

I’m in my late 60s. Of course, when I was growing up all that was available we’re blades and I played this all through high school and college. Then of course later on Ping came out and everybody thought that’s crazy but then cavity back and game improvement irons really skyrocketed. And then...
  5. Floridatennisplayer

Tell me about the Sub 70 699 and 699 Pro’s

They get great reviews and seem to be a P 790 killer. Anyone here have some personal experience they can share with me?
  6. Floridatennisplayer

Can you do me a favor? I’m curious…..

Could you guys take one of your six irons and weigh it for me? I’m talking about the weight of the club only I don’t care about swing weight or balance, or any of that. I have 3 sets of clubs and I weighed at the post office each six iron. One of them was 15.6 ounces, one was 15.4 ounces and...
  7. Floridatennisplayer

How many times do you use each club during a round?

…. As an average, do you use each club on a typical round of golf. I remember years ago at a clinic. The pro said you’re only going to use your driver probably 14 times in a round of golf but you’re going to use that putter probably 42, 43 times. You’re probably going to use that wedge or a...
  8. Floridatennisplayer

Swing the triangle, a tip from high school.

Our range opened last week. Grabbed a large bucket and just wasn’t as crisp as I wanted. Close but not quite. I remembered every spring our old high school coach would say, “ let’s go back to the fundamentals. “ Make the V at address or the triangle or the Y whatever you want to call it...
  9. Floridatennisplayer

80’s Wilson Staff Fluid Feel vs FG17…..

So as I stated in an earlier post, I got a set of the fluid feels that I used to play in the mid 80s through the mid 90s and I absolutely love them. I have found a set of FG 17 on eBay. So for you, older Wilson Blade, experts…… tell me about the difference between these two.
  10. Floridatennisplayer

I have officially gone back in time.

I found some 1980s Wilson Staff Fluid Feel blades last week and an Acushnet Bullseye Heavy Blade putter. Pretty much the exact same set up I had in the late 80s. I’ve played twice now with them and absolutely love it. Surprisingly there has been no loss in distance but my dispersion is very...
  11. Floridatennisplayer

Found an old Acushnet Bullseye Heavy Blade putter

I used to play this putter way back in the 80s. Found it last week on Facebook marketplace. I played with it twice and it still has the magic.!
  12. Floridatennisplayer

Can you help me identify the approximate year my Wilson Staff Fluid Feel blades are?

I played staff blades just like these mostly through the 80s and mid 90s then went to the Callaway big Bertha irons and so forth. So I got the urge to find some and I found a great set that looked identical. I’m just curious if anyone here has a pulse on approximately what year these irons...
  13. Floridatennisplayer

Mizuno MP H5 irons?

So I was on Facebook marketplace and a set of these irons popped up for a really good price and they’re like new. Mind you, I love my ZX 5 irons. I don’t know why I am lusting after these Mizunos. So talk me out of this or into this. I’m sure if I bought them and played them they would feel...
  14. Floridatennisplayer

Those of us stuck up north for the winter, what are you doing to keep your game somewhat together?

My grandson is on an amazing streak in wrestling this year again so we are not going down to Florida, as he has matches and tournaments nearly every weekend and we love watching. So I am going on the trackman for an hour every Monday. To stay in shape I’m playing indoor tennis two days a week...
  15. Floridatennisplayer

Is that a Titleist?

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/A56PYY4puBmJRD1J/?mibextid=GGtJg3
  16. Floridatennisplayer

Be honest…… who hides money in their golf bag?

Fun thread….I know a lot of my buddies keep a stash of cash in their golf bags. Some it’s their play money hidden from their wife and who knows for whatever other reasons. One of them told me hey if I ever die unexpectedly, don’t let my wife sell my golf bag! Get the cash out of there first...
  17. Floridatennisplayer

Thoughts on new driver for senior with 86mph club head speed.

Currently playing an older Nike vapor speed, 10.5° driver with regular graphite shaft. I have no problem whatsoever controlling my driver. I can hit draws or fades. Is there something out there that would give me another 10 or 15 yards? Or is that just wishful thinking and stay with what...
Back