Tell me about the Sub 70 699 and 699 Pro’s

Floridatennisplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
They get great reviews and seem to be a
P 790 killer.

Anyone here have some personal experience they can share with me?

Played gen 1 & v2 Pro, Pro have a couple mm less offset.

DTC brand, gen 1 are a definite out of China minor cosmetic update for branding but the v2 have a lot more change and design put into them and work well. Work well and a great price point.

I played the 699 Pro's for a half a season when I first came back to golf they did play a lot like Taylormade P790's. And like most other hollow body injected designs. I wasn't getting numbers back then so I have nothing to compare them but they felt good when hit well and I had no complaints other than the terrible black finish.

Probably perform well. Think it's the same as multiple other irons with the same design with slight tweaks.

They get great reviews and seem to be a
P 790 killer.

Anyone here have some personal experience they can share with me?
Not to derail this thread, but I deplore something being called a “_____ killer”.

I have a set of the 699 that I put in the bag from time to time. They are very forgiving, they feel good, and did I mention they are forgiving?

Last edited:
havent played those but i have played 3 different sub70 irons and they are very very good clubs. I had 0 complaints with them and only change irons bc something new and shiny always catches my eye

i would happily game them again

Back