Search results for query: *

1. W

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

He says he's about a 4 hcp
  2. W

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

OK Maltby fanboys and fangirls.....Here's my dilemma.... I have a 16* Maltby KE4 Tour TC 4W w/MPF Pro R flex that I hit well and like. Problem is my other favorite club: Cleveland HyWood 18* 3+ is very close in distance (about 10-15 yards) and I want a wider gap between those 2 clubs and a...
  3. W

Telling people what you do for work.

You most certainly would have!! Jersey Boys a little different than Brooklyn Boys, but close enough! LOL
  4. W

Not adjusted to hybrid life.

@drb1956 If you're looking for a new hybrid set and don't want to get another GigaGolf set (Giga has quality stuff) "Eleven" makes an all hybrid set and allot of YTubers have reviewed them very positively. I also have a 26* 5h that's about 12-14 years old I purchased for $39 (Cleveland DST)...
  5. W

I have messed with people, especially when I go on vacation to Florida or the Carolina's where there's tourists from all over and Canada. Because I have an accent that morphed from Brooklyn to Brooklyn/Long Island and the way I look, I tell people I'm in "Waste Management" (For the record, not...
  6. W

"I'm a subterranean engineer. As a matter of fact, that $20 I just gave you just happened to be floating by while I was at work"
  7. W

Niiiice. That was my dream job since I was a kid. (57 yrs. old now) I used to go by JFK and watch all the planes come in and try to identify them. Back in the 70's it was exciting to watch the brand new 747's come in and take off. Friend of mine is actually in the process of trying to buy a...
  8. W

I do ALLOT of things and golf is fantastic for networking. I'm not in your face but during normal conversation if career or business comes up I have business cards in my golf bag. Day Job: 1. Commercial Plan Examiner for a municipality. Business: 2. Certified Residential Real Estate...
  9. W

Unless it's your 85 year old neighbor's incontinent wife
  10. W

How Much Golf Stuff Do You Watch?

Too much. LOL. My wife says I'm obsessed. I am. Can't get enough golf. If it wasn't for YouTube I would have never heard of Manuel De La Torre or Ernest Jones. Watching YT has helped me improve my short game immensely. It also has put me into the swing doldrums and screwed up my swing...
  11. W

Deal of the Day and Coupon Code thread

I live 2.5 miles from Bethpage. Can't do Black - bad legs - Red, Blue, Green or Yellow are all options!!
  12. W

Seriously, if you're bringing the Woodford I would drink it however you want!!!
  13. W

Neat Baby! Neat SMH. That's what they make Crown Royal, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels and Evan Williams for! AMEN!
  14. W

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

an unexpected snow squall in March. Temp dropped to about 29* (39* at tee off) wind whipped up and is snowed heavily for about 10 minutes. Luckily I had yellow balls in the bag. Put a light coating on the grass that looked almost like morning frost. Sun came back out, warmed up to 40* by the...
  15. W

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Massive Bridgestone Testing

This is incredible! Love It! 1. Which golf balls do you currently play? 2. What do you think about Mindset? 3. Which Bridgestone Tour B golf ball is your choice (RX, RXS, X or XS)? 1. TM TP5, Vice Pro, TM Tour Response 2. I'm VERY interested in Mindset. I've been working on POSITIVE...
  16. W

The 60 and over Thread

From one Long Islander to another, Very Sorry for your loss. It's never easy saying goodbye to the ones so close to us. Even at your age with your Dad passing at 95 it feels like a cornerstone of your foundation has been removed and you feel like you're on unstable ground. You then begin the...
  17. W

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Volvik XT Soft and Condor Golf Balls

1. Which golf ball do you currently play? Vice Pro, Maxfli Tour and TP5 2. What are you looking for in a golf ball? A ball that will be spinny enough for a 90-95 mph driver swing and give good spin and launch for the mid iron to wedges. soft feeling not a priority but nice. A ball for that...
  18. W

Balancing Parenthood and Golf

I remember the day my oldest was born (3/19/94) She is married 2 years, just turned 30 and expecting. Felt like I went to bed one night and woke up almost a grandfather. daughter #2 married 12/2/23. Honeymoon pregnancy and due end of September. I still can't believe I'm 57 years old. 🤦‍♂️
  19. W

Balancing Parenthood and Golf

Hmm... I have 3 daughters and 1 son with 7 years from oldest to youngest almost to the day. Oldest born March 1994 and youngest born March 2001. In early 2000's I bought a new set of Cobra 3100's. I've been playing since late 80's. My first new set of clubs I bought myself was Spaulding...
  20. W

How much are your yearly Golf Membership dues?

I live on Long Island. Every club has an initiation ranging from $10K - $250K or more. The cheapest club is $7K/year + cart + minimums for a course that's not as good as some public courses. I don't belong to a club but my wife just reminded me I spent $6,000 on golf in 2023 not belonging to...
Back