Search results for query: *

1. 1

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

Not recognizing people as unique individuals with unique swings. There arent very many "textbook" swings out there, with all the arbitrary points on the diagram hit.
  2. 1

Adjustable Weights in Irons

Yikes. It takes the body 20 years to dispose of half of its lead load, if no more is ingested. But if one is willing to eat lead dust to avoid work, I doubt the lead could possibly make them any stupider.
  3. 1

The Putting Challenge

One 3 putt yesterday. It was me not paying attention.
  4. 1

What are your expectations for a more forgiving iron than your current gamers to hit more greens?

I think a more finesse-able, workable iron will help me not just hit more greens, but hit it closer to the pin.. That is why I am so interested in looking at clubs like the Wilson Staff Dynapower Forged, Mizuno JPX 923 forged, etc etc. I tried three different GI irons the past two years.. My...
  5. 1

Total distance question

So unless you have some crazy amount of roll out on your 9I, you only carry your driver 55 yards longer than your 9I? And if you do have some long roll out on you 9, its not a good fit. It just doesnt make sense. At 64 yrs old, Current data tracking says I carry (and drop and stop) my 38* Apex...
  6. 1

2024 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x Golf Balls

TP5X was my ball for years. Fantastic ball. But the Bstone RX/RXS fits me better these days.
  7. 1

Would You Game This?

Why not.? It would go well with ny Hzdrus Smoke blue wood shafts and Recoil Darts. :)
  8. 1

The 60 and over Thread

If I sit, it gets worse. If you quit moving long enough, they throw dirt on you.
  9. 1

What Do You Do To Just Get Away???

Go out on the lake. Sometimes I forget to fish, I just sit there listening to the birds or music.
  10. 1

Is the ball “equipment”..???

It is equipment, in fact it is the only piece of equipment you absolutely must have to play.
  11. 1

The 60 and over Thread

Tough, tough round today. Brutal. I forgot my back meds AND my TENS machine with a low coming through. Every swing was a new experience in pain. Just horrible. On the bright side, I putted really well on this course. I find its greens to be more challenging than Oakland Hills. Even 6' putts will...
  12. 1

The Putting Challenge

Todays round. course has real tricky greens, all undulating and sloped a lot. Had one LONG putt I was on the wrong lobe of the green, had to putt through the fringe, then let it die hard right and downhill to the hole. ran by 6', made the comeback putt. Thats the way it has been going. Three...
  13. 1

One must go

Nailed it, right off the bat.
  14. 1

Saw this gem at an antique store today!

Those were not at all uncommon at all in the 70's. I wouldn't mind having one today. They do weigh a lot because they were built like tanks. Antique store........ @#$%^&*() What does that make me?
  15. 1

Crossing the invisible lines

It was close. My wife is the quintessential chilled and mellow aging hippie chick, who is well aware that she is married to a 64 year old child. Heck, she embraces it. I was more upset than she was.
  16. 1

Crossing the invisible lines

We all know there are lines we shouldn't cross. But they are invisible, thus leading to some momentary lapses of judgement. Like hitting a lob wedge over the house to the spruce tree in the back yard. Not knowing your wife decided to go sit in the backyard to watch the birds and...
  17. 1

Pro V1 for a 20 handicapper?

I have no business playing a low spin driver. I do just fine, and usually better on windy days, playing classic blades, and do so frequently. Balls are a very , very big part of your equipment that can make a huge difference in your ability to score under various conditions.l Not only doesn't...
  18. 1

Build/Fill Your Golf Bag with $15

G430 10K 5 TM V Steel 1 JPX 923 Forged 5 Mizuno T22 raw 2 Ping Vault Anser 2
  19. 1

How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

Played 9 today. No birds but I did chip in for an eagle.
  20. 1

The 60 and over Thread

Usually its because off the tee you are hitting the ball higher on the club face and getting less spin. Like an flier without the grass and moisture.
Back