Search results for query: *

1. martybauer31

Looking at an Alphard V2 on Facebook Marketplace... what do I need to add, if anything?

Looks like it's brand new in the box, I have a Caddytek push cart, would I need anything else to go along with this unit if all looks good? Appreciate the help!
  2. martybauer31

Knee brace while playing? What are you using?

I'm hopefully getting in to see the surgeon before the end of the year for a knee cleanup (arthritis, floating crap, scar tissue, etc.) to try and take advantage of my blown out deductible. Both my knees are crap, but I'm at the point where my knees are running out of time due to the space...
  3. martybauer31

Anyone switch from a ShotScope to a Garmin golf watch?

I'll start off by saying at the moment, I have a ShotScope H4, and I LOVE the data it gives me, it's been an amazing device to this point.... I also own a Garmin Venu 2 watch, and I love it (steps, heart rate, etc.) aside from the fact that it's admittedly not great on the golf course and...
  4. martybauer31

Caddytalk Cube

Can someone tell me why I would need this thing? I mean, I love technology, just don't get why I need triangulation with a range finder? Some one described it would be helpful on cart path only days so you can hit the ball and then the target from your golf cart.... why can't I just walk out to...
  5. martybauer31

Best time to upgrade irons?

Just curious if people had thoughts on the best time to upgrade irons, particularly up here in the northwest where the weather starts getting cold and rainy come November and I begin to retreat to the sim in my garage for 3-4 months... Do I buy them soon and just bang away in the garage, or do...
  6. martybauer31

Cable TV replacement recommendations?

I know, I know... I'm way behind probably but Xfinity is killing me with their monthly rates for internet+cable TV so I'm looking to cut the cord to just internet and then finding a package that will get us some basic channels and potentially the ability to upgrade to more as needed.... We have...
  7. martybauer31

Recommendations on button down/Hawaiian style shirts?

I've got a few button down short sleeve William Murray shirts and some RSVLT shirts as well, I absolutely love playing in them as they are super comfortable and keep me cool, but they are getting spendy.... Any recommendations from folks on some cheaper, yet still decent shirts in this style...
  8. martybauer31

Need an inexpensive mallet putter recommendation for my "backup" clubs

So I live in the Seattle area and we are lucky enough to have a little place east of the mountains that we hang out on a lot of weekends. Every now and again, one of our friends over there makes a tee time and so I keep my previous set of clubs over there in case an unplanned round pops up...
  9. martybauer31

How often do you quit this ridiculous game in your mind? When was the last time?

I played that Thursday, went out with a friend and got linked with a single, so we were a threesome and happened to be following a pair.... We got the pair that was just as terrible as us, probably much more so... i.e. take 7 practice swings, top the ball 20 yards, repeat.... the foursome in...
  10. martybauer31

Will there be a new upgrade to the Shotscope H4?

The X5 looks beautiful... but I have a smart watch and need the extras, i.e. heart monitor, sleep tracking, etc... I absolutely love my h4, will we see an upgrade to it with the new features of the x5 anytime soon? Fingers crossed Shotscope!!!
  11. martybauer31

WhyGolf pressure plate?

I've been having a ton of trouble with weight transfer recently and seem to be chunking everything as I seem to be falling back. Do these things work at all? Any recommendations for this or anything else?
  12. martybauer31

Recommended accessories for CaddyTek with swivel front wheel?

Just ordered one from Costco (CaddyLite One V8 - Swivel) and I wanted to see what peoples must have add ons are. It looks like it has a lot of built in features, just hoping you all can tell me what it might be missing, thanks!
  13. martybauer31

What do your wedges look like?

So I was cleaning my clubs yesterday post round and I got a look at my lob wedge.... This thing has about 40 rounds on it and it just looks like it's been taken out behind the shed and beaten savagely. I decided this year was the year I was going to play more (typically I was in the 1 or 2...
  14. martybauer31

Best start to worst finish on a hole story?

I'll start.... Par 5 hole #2 on my local course.... Bash a 5 Hybrid 250 (with roll) and stick a PW over the water for my approach to the green, right on the edge. Putting for eagle, never had one! 🦅 Super long putt, more than 100ft to the pin. I misread the green, the speed, everything...
  15. martybauer31

Lifestyle change... going from Keto to Mediterranean style diet

SO.... did Keto for a couple of years, lost 75lbs, awesome right? Had a heart attack about a month ago and the Dr. pretty much said that doing keto did me no favors and that I need to switch from the high protein and fat keto way of life to the Mediterranean style diet where I reduce my fat...
  16. martybauer31

Cleveland Smart Sole 4 vs CBX2 wedges

Hey there, higher handicapper (24) just getting into the game after a long hiatus and it's very clear my short game right now is the worst part of everything I have going on. From thinning shots in the middle of the fairway to chunking, my game, especially around the greens and in the sand is...
  17. martybauer31

Recommendations on straight(er) flying balls?

If there is a thread that already goes into this, apologies, I searched and didn't have much luck... I'm trying to play more golf and improve my game this year and I'm looking for thoughts on balls that help with keeping me more in bounds so happy to have suggestions on ones that aren't total...
Back