Search results for query: *

1. C

Rose Show wins!

I swept the Yankee District Rose Show in Fall River MA. Due to the drought the organizers were in danger of having a wonderful venue, the Arnold House, and few roses. I spent two days preparing and started packing roses into the car at 3AM to get there in plenty of time. My yard is set up...
  2. C

Model Rockets

As part of my stroke rehab I built model rockets. The orange one on the left is a Helicopter Rocket. A burn string releases the blades, which are pulled into place with rubber bands. The rotation of the blades generates lift and slows down the descent!
  3. C

My new vise and chop saw

Harbor Freight was having 20% off sales for the Fourth of July so I bought a 6" chop saw and 3" swivel vise for my shop. I realized my shop table would be a great support for a vise. It is really big and heavy so the former owner of the house gave it to me. I carefully chose the location of the...
  4. C

Hartford Club Champion Fitting

Just got fitted by Jayson Kuhnly at the Hartford Club Champion. This was my very first fitting after 1-1/2 dozen rounds of 9 hole golf. Jayson is familiar with the Executive 9 hole track I play. I'm 5' 2" with a 31" waist to floor so I learned to play last year using ladies clubs. Jasyson...
  5. C

Slow Full Swing approach shots?

Does anyone deliberately slow down their swing on the course when hitting certain approach shots? I have tempo issues so that I get really nice swings when I merely slow down my full swing. Very effective when getting out of trouble. So why not use that same swing when I have a perfect lie that...
Back