My new vise and chop saw

CTRosarian

Reaction score
Harbor Freight was having 20% off sales for the Fourth of July so I bought a 6" chop saw and 3" swivel vise for my shop.
I realized my shop table would be a great support for a vise. It is really big and heavy so the former owner of the house gave it to me.
I carefully chose the location of the vise. If I'm working with something really long I can angle it through a pair of doorways into another room!
CeMHj7mm.jpg

I also have a mini lathe and milling machine in the back.

Last edited:
Tools, you never have too many!!!

Looking good!

Very nice setup!

I just chopped an inch off my 22* ladies Mavrik Max lite 4i so it now down to 36 7/8 inches. Put on a ladies Dri Tac grip to shave off 9 grams of weight. Now 324grams.
Swing weight is down to B8. I can always add lead tape to bring it back up a little, but I'm going to see if I that is a usable swing weight for me.

What kind of blades do you use in that little saw to cut shafts? Do you only use it for graphite?

I bought a 3 pack of the aluminum oxid matching blades from Harbor Freight for $2.47
6 In. X 1/16 In. X 5/8 In. Type 01/41 Metal Cut-Off Wheel, 3 Pk.
I have a putter with a metal shaft scheduled for delivery today to try it out on steel shafts.
I need to remove the grip, cut it down to 31 inches, and put on a White Hot Odyssey grip from Dicks.
Odyssey women's putters go as low as 32 inches, while Juniors go up to 29.5 inches.
I'll carefully build up the base for the new grip with corrugated blue painter's tape.

Back