Search results for query: *

1. LeftyRod

Describe Your Golf Game With A Song Title

Slip Slidin' Away - Paul Simon
  2. LeftyRod

ball compression to swing speed

Is your 7i 143 yd a carry or total distance? Just trying to compare to mine. Thanks.
  3. LeftyRod

ball compression to swing speed

My driver swing speed is in the mid 80's and I also play the Q-star tour. The softer feel off my irons irons is a comfortable fit and the increased launch adds to my short game.
  4. LeftyRod

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

I had the original Hy-wood but could never get comfortable with the 60.5° lie angle. This release (17°) is 59° and with a 1/2 inch longer shaft. That should be a positive change for me, I will demo this one for sure. Jman - Thanks again for your reviews, enjoy them all. Anyone know when the new...
  5. LeftyRod

Any Myrtle Beach Recos?

Our MB group (12-14 golfers) have played MB for the past 12 years each March/April (1 week). We've narrowed our favorite restaurants to 3 and will do them again this year. Carolina Roadhouse (mentioned above), Fiesta Mexicana and Luigi's (Italian). I would recommend reservations, especially with...
  6. LeftyRod

Who is your Mt Rushmore of wrestlers?

My picks would have to be from the mid 50's and the early days of TV wrestling. If you grew up in Michigan then you'll remember these 4: Bobo Brazil, The Sheik, Dick the Bruiser and Leapin' Larry Chene. I saw Chene wrestle at our local high school when he became my favorite. That was 1957 & I...
  7. LeftyRod

What golf stuff did you buy today?

4 dozen yellow Srixon Q-Star Tour balls 1/2 price from amazon. I just read that the promotion is over now.
  8. LeftyRod

Srixon Balls - Amazon Deal - better than the Buy 2 Get 1 Free. It's BUY ONE GET ONE FREE (Diamond, Z Star, Q Star, etc)

I just ordered 4 dozen Q-Star Tour (yellow) for the price of 2 dozen. They should arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). Actually my wife ordered them on her Amazon account, she made it look so easy. ;)
  9. LeftyRod

Callaway pre-owned black Friday invite

My offer arrived via snail mail yesterday but says 25%, not 30. :unsure:
  10. LeftyRod

Greetings from Myrtle Beach! And WITB

Welcome to THP, I'll be joining a group of 13 for the last week of March. We are playing Wizard which is along side Man O'War. How are the greens at Wizard? Our remaining 4 courses are Myrtlewood Pine Hills and Palmetto, Crow Creek & Aberdeen. Any thoughts about their condition? Thanks for your...
  11. LeftyRod

Tour Edge Exotics C723 and E723 Drivers

I went to a local Demo Days this weekend and saw both drivers - E723 & C723. They had no LH heads to try but their rep said LH would be available soon. Looks wise the tops (ridgeback) remain very close to last year. The extra rim of titanium around the edge is not a problem visually, you need to...
  12. LeftyRod

Tour Edge Exotics 722 Drivers

I went to a local Demo Days this weekend and saw both drivers - E723 & C723. They had no LH heads to try but their rep said LH would be available soon. Looks wise the tops remain very close to last year. The extra rim of titanium around the edge is not a problem visually, you need to look for...
  13. LeftyRod

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I've been reading everything I can find about the Paradym driver line and enjoying the possibilities for my game. Does anyone know the height differences of the face of the three options. Listing them from tallest to shortest would be interesting. Thanks.
  14. LeftyRod

Really? - Ball Position Incrementally Change with Club Length

I am confused with understanding the third option. What does "closer to parallel with my my front foot" mean? The front foot is usually flared outward so "parallel" to it and then ball position is where it gets foggy. At my age "foggy" is more frequent than sunny so a little help would be...
  15. LeftyRod

What clubs do you carry above your irons?

5i...4H...3H...3FW...D Not enough separation between the 4H & 3H, looking to replace 3H with a 5W.
  16. LeftyRod

Oldest Club (no putters!) You Would Game?

I play a 1999 Tour-Edge Lift Off Iron-Wood 1 iron (16°) on my 9 hole league - back nine only. I use it specifically on a par five T-shot that absolutely needs to be straight and 180 yards long. It's also handy on windy days and punch-out shots. Mine is left handed (rare), found it on eBay 10...
  17. LeftyRod

“Senior” golf balls...?

I'm 71 and just returned from a 5 day golf trip at Myrtle Beach. I played the Bridgestone e12 Contact everyday. It wants to go straighter.... mishits have less curve even in windy conditions. "Less" is the key word. Good semi-soft feel and higher launches with iron shots too. Now that the...
  18. LeftyRod

Today I purchased a Tour Edge E722 driver 10.5° with a Ventus 4T (R flex) stock shaft. Much more forgiving and all around a better fit than my Mizuno STZ which was traded in. Two days ago I bought a Cobra LTDx Max 3 wood with Helium 5F3 shaft. At my age (71) the extra help with forgiveness and...
  19. LeftyRod

2 dozen Bridgestone Contact golf balls (matte green). Seems to be they are in limited supply lately.... anyone else find that true?
  20. LeftyRod

Tour Edge Exotics 722 Irons

I'm pondering new irons and these just popped up on my list because Tour Edge has made LH available this season. They appear to be the same as last years E721's except for color change to red otherwise same specs as last year. I'll probably switch to senior shafts (71 years old). Does anyone...
Back