Search results for query: *

1. Slowmo

Why do I even bother with driver?

Just signing off of on my round from yesterday on Shotscope so looking at tee shots. I knew I was having a bad day off the tee with driver anyway and stopped hitting it at all after hole 11. Here are a few examples. (note, this course has a lot of holes that are less than driver holes) Hole 4...
  2. Slowmo

Remembering Dad

Getting a chance to play my dad’s old course. He played here 5-6 days a week after he retired and his ashes are sprinkled on the 12 and 13th hole. Feeling a bit nostalgic and missing my dad today. It does feel good to get a chance to get back over here and play a round of golf with him again.
  3. Slowmo

This is fun

I’m at the TCH Houston slopes today. A group of us THPers played it last summer and it’s fun to see how different the course is for them compared to us mere mortals. I’ve also pulled up my round on Shotscope and having a blast seeing how they play the course compared to what I did on every shot.
  4. Slowmo

Which driver to use?

I was playing with shotscope data the other day and learned how to choose a specific tee club when looking at stats to better compare. I found some fascinating stuff, but it left me wondering which driver I should be using. I'll post some screenshots and ask you guys. I won't tell you what is...
  5. Slowmo

Ever just have that day?

Do you ever just have that day when you can’t do anything right? Or it all just falls apart for a long stretch? That was me yesterday. Couldn’t do anything. Even my usual trusty short game killed me. For some reference This is the last 15 rounds vs a 10cap (I’m currently a 10.3) However...
  6. Slowmo

Question about the Grint

I couldn't find how do do this on their own site so I'm sure some THPer will know the answer to my question. I ran out of daylight after 15 holes yesterday. Tried to end the round on the Grint but could only find an option for "pause round and exit" or "delete round" Surely there is a way to...
  7. Slowmo

How many putters have you had since you joined THP?

The question in another thread of what's the longest you've had a putter got me thinking. I had used the same putter for 15 years or so before joining THP in Sept 2021. I'm on my 5th with eyes on a new Odyssey since then! THP can be hard on the ole wallet. So the question now is, how many...
  8. Slowmo

Apologies in advance to @mward

So I apologize in advance to you @MWard for this thread. How did tagging @MWard in everything become a thing? There has to be a story about it. I've seen it go on since I joined THP but it started before my time. I'm sure there are others in my boat who want to know the origin.
  9. Slowmo

Ray ban Meta smart glasses

My wife and I were out having a little Black Friday fun and while I was looking at sunglasses at Cabelas she told me i “have to try these”. They were Ray ban meta smart glasses. Put them on and they had music playing. Ok, that’s pretty cool. Then the sales lady comes over and shows me what else...
  10. Slowmo

Putter fitting system

I'm really tired of being a really bad putter so it might be time to go and do a putter fitting. I've seen at least 2 systems...SAM and QuintIc. Are there others? Which is the best to use?
  11. Slowmo

worst feeling in golf

So @JB's thread abot the best feeling got me thinking along a different line because of this response... Is one of the worst feelings in golf is taking that brand new ball out of the sleeve and immediately hitting it in the water or some other reason for losing a ball that's only ever been hit...
  12. Slowmo

How have I never seen this

Scrolling TikTok and came across this. How have I never seen this one?
  13. Slowmo

Do you ever lose faith in your distance device?

The question above comes from this situation. My Shotscope watch battery died after hole 12 so I’ve just been relying on the laser and if the view is blocked the Grint gps. I just had a situation on a par 3 where my laser gave me a 155 to the hole. Pretty significant downwind so I grab my Pw...
  14. Slowmo

Slowmo and Baylerballa take on PGA Fields Ranch Weat

I’m in DFW for a conference and @baylrballa and I decided to hit up the course at the new PGA in Frisco, TX. Just wanted to share with you guys. Didn’t think about doing this until we were on the 3rd hole
  15. Slowmo

Blast from the past

Was looking at the bag of golf clubs in my Mom’s garage and it was a trip down memory lane. There are other clubs in there (GBB warbird), etc but these brought back the most memories
  16. Slowmo

Most often visited restaurant in your town?

Just a little different take on @JB best restaurant thread. The place I put up there is something my wife and I only go to for really special occasions maybe once a year. So, in the same spirit, what restaurant in your town do you frequent the most often and why? No fast food options please...
  17. Slowmo

Tree through my in-laws house

So we had some serious storms on the north side of Houston last night we’re my wife’s parent’s house is. We have had them in an assisted living facility for a few months since her dad fell and broke his hip. We got a call last night from her brother who lives around the corner that a tree fell...
  18. Slowmo

WTB Left handed putter

I have a buddy in town visiting from Alaska looking for a left handed putter. Let’s see ‘‘em guys. What ha for available?
  19. Slowmo

What’s the ruling

Ok guys. What’s the ruling here? Close enough to the electric fence that I would have had to put my butt on the fence and probably would have touched it with the backswing even though I’m just punching out of the trees. I played it as a free drop but I’m sure that’s probably wrong.
Back