• Driver B

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Slowmo

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
I was playing with shotscope data the other day and learned how to choose a specific tee club when looking at stats to better compare. I found some fascinating stuff, but it left me wondering which driver I should be using. I'll post some screenshots and ask you guys. I won't tell you what is what until later. What say you THP, which driver should I be using? BTW, this data is from all of 2023.

Driver A
First distances...
1710213908600.png
and then shots plotted.
1710213854060.png

Driver B
1710214025579.png
And accuracy/plotted shots
1710214072071.png

So, is the greater distance average worth the bigger dispersion/more predictable miss?

With the sample sizes being different, were the two clubs used in the same time frames or did Driver B come after Driver A?

the repeatable miss doesn’t seem to really be showing up in the penalty category so I think I take the extra yards

With the sample sizes being different, were the two clubs used in the same time frames or did Driver B come after Driver A?
Great question. If all of A happened early season…

Driver B came after driver A. Iet me pull the previous year to have a bigger sample size with A

Driver B came after driver A. Iet me pull the previous year to have a bigger sample size with A
I feel like sample sets from two different seasons would also have to factor in differences in swing. Driver B clearly kicked A out of the bag at one point and I don’t think the slightly better dispersion in this data would be enough to switch back.

Driver A from the previous year...

1710215003076.png
1710214975449.png

Now that I go back to 2022 they look a lot more the same don't they. I will say I put A back in the bag for the last 2-3 rounds. I don't fear the left miss nearly as much with Driver A, but I do feel like I hit it considerably shorter currently.

The one side miss of driver A would decide that for me.

I think I’d lean A with a slightly better fwy % and a little more of a one way miss.

I feel like sample sets from two different seasons would also have to factor in differences in swing. Driver B clearly kicked A out of the bag at one point and I don’t think the slightly better dispersion in this data would be enough to switch back.
When I first got driver B I was crushing it! Then I developed a bad 2 way miss with it about Sept and started being scared to swing and developed this short guiding swing and lost a lot of distance along with still having the 2 way miss.

12 yards is one less club in
tough call

I chose driver B, maximum distance potential.

Neither of them. Two way miss with a well over 10% out of play is really bad. Time for a fitting. Or a fairway finder like a Burner Mini.

Reactions: Ooo
Back