Search results for query: *

1. 7

Lawn experts?

Here's a question that I can not find the answer to, no matter how many times I reword it into Google. I had to reseed a damaged/dug up area of my lawn. Not that big, maybe 12'x12'. I know it's not good to put high nitrogen fertilizer directly onto newly seed lawns, but I would like to fertilize...
  2. 7

Asics gel course duo boa?

Anyone have these? Close to pulling the trigger, as the price is pretty good for boas. Anything boa, which is my preference, have really gone up in price. Looking at these for a comfort walking shoe, but still prefer a traditional golf shoe look over the running shoe look.
  3. 7

Cheap rangefinder?

There might have been a "cheap rangefinder" thread, so apologize if so. Wondering if anyone has gone this route and could recommend. I typically only play a handful of rounds outside of my home course, so looking for a rangfinder without the expense. I've seen some on Ebay as low as $50=$60, but...
  4. 7

Retinal tear with laser repair treatment?

Anyone here have any experience? I won't bother with any of my own details for now, but just found out I had a tear this morning, and had the laser repair tonight.
  5. 7

BPH

Not exactly the top 10 of topics, but wondering it any (older) guys are experiencing this? Not even totally sure I have it yet, as I have a pelvic ultrasound pending. Interested in any experiences.
  6. 7

Any health experts? Cholesterol?

Might be a strange place to ask for medical advice, but then again, I'm sure there's some here with experience. I'm 64 and follow a pretty healthy lifestyle. Recent bloodwork came back with elevate total cholesterol of 5.32. It was extremely low at 50 years of age, so it's climbed quite a bit...
  7. 7

Thermal base layer?

Was looking for one for Fall golf. Bought a Zerofit ultimate, just based on reviews google searches etc. Absolute worst piece of clothing I ever bought. Went up a size as most base layers fit snug. Couldn't even get the thing on it's so small. The neck on it is like a giant turtle neck and is...
  8. 7

Mizuno ST-X 230 Driver review.

I know that there's a long running thread on the ST-X/Z 230's, but thought I would start a new one being more of a direct review. Also, I've had the original ST-X, the ST-X 220, and now of course the 230. If they come out with the ST-X 240 anytime soon, I'm in trouble. Very little about me...
  9. 7

Personal golf cart strap?

Been trying to find an accessory that was posted about here. It's a personal golf cart strap. Rather than using the standard strap, you simply bring your own. It attatches to the basket with a hook like clip, then you simply wrap it around and attach/adjust the strap to fit. Can't remember the...
  10. 7

Do you save vintage clubs?

I've saved quite a lot of what I would consider vintage clubs over the years. Many are timeless to me. Some being older, they've lost their actual monetary value, but hold their intrinsic value. The other day it occurred to me that I will never game these again. Posted them all for sale on a...
  11. 7

Too old for white pants?

I know there was a thread about simply wearing white pants, but more specifically I'm concerned that I'm now too old to wear white pants? I wore them the other day to play, and while I always felt fashionably fine in them, I immediately felt awkward. Like I had black socks and sandals on. At 64...
  12. 7

Tour B RSX vs. Tour response? Duo pro replacement

My favorite ball has been the Duo Professional. I've stocked up on them, but they are becoming increasingly harder to get, and will likely be unavailable in the near future. On paper, the Tour B RXS should be a suitable replacement. Similar compression at 65. I found this ball to be very hard...
  13. 7

Footjoy hyperflex boa review.

Finally settled on new shoes for the '23 season. Only wear boas, but this year it seems like anything in Boa is very expensive. Went with the FJ hyperflex, (not the carbon). Very preliminary review, but will update after several rounds. Have always like the fit and finish of FJ's. These...
  14. 7

Piriformis Syndrome?

This is a long shot I'm sure, but has anyone suffered with Piriformis syndrome? It's the type of condition that seems to be punctuated by flare ups. When it rages it can be downright crippling. Fortunately, being episodic, when it calms down, I'm pretty much good to go. I've had various things...
  15. 7

Boa shoes $$$$$

I've been wearing exclusively boas for at least 10 years. Usually able to find something on ebay for around $100-$150. Like everything else post-covid, boas have gone through the roof. I've been looking all Winter and really couldn't find anything. I particularly prefer a tranditional golf shoe...
  16. 7

Stuburt sizing?

Long shot, but does anyone have any Stuburt outerwear? Curious to know how their sizing is.
  17. 7

Galvin Green outerwear

Anyone familiar with this brand? Sizing, quality etc.? Very dear in pricing is the drawback, but the quality looks very good.
  18. 7

Big Max cart bags?

Anyone familiar with this brand? Need a new cart bag, but trying to be conservative on price. Want something that can be wiped down, no fabric. 14 way is a must. Found a couple by this brand that look pretty good.
  19. 7

Snow blower surging?

Any small engine experts here? Have a 2 year old Honda HS720 snowblower. Fired it up this year, and while it starts right up, it's surging while idling. Everything I've read states that some gas was likely left in the carb bowl from last year, gumming the main jet. Anything I can do or...
  20. 7

Last round of the year dilemma?

Played my last round of the year today, (Northeast). Always try to savor the overall experience, but in the back of mind there's a sort of pressure to play well that I don't usually feel. It's that I'll have the entire off season/Winter to dwell on my last round, so it's got to be good...
Back