Cheap rangefinder?

73monte

Reaction score
There might have been a "cheap rangefinder" thread, so apologize if so. Wondering if anyone has gone this route and could recommend. I typically only play a handful of rounds outside of my home course, so looking for a rangfinder without the expense. I've seen some on Ebay as low as $50=$60, but don't want to bother with junk. Also, with compromised vision, so would hopefully be able to see the display clearly.

Used on EBay. Players are always upgrading so you can get prior Gen Bushnell for cheap.
Also go to this MarketPlace and post a Request, you'd be surprised how much Stuff these Folks have collecting dust in their Closets.

Pro L2 is a steal on a normal day but their sale is insane.

Rather than eBay I would look at Amazon for whatever cheap ($40-$50) model looks best to you and give one a try for a couple rounds. If it doesn't work, Amazon will take it back, no problem.

Last time I went on vacation I had a scare when I thought my very nice Nikon image-stabilized rangefinder was lost. Turns out I had just stuck it in the wrong pocket of my golf bag but I was convinced someone at the resort course I was playing had nicked it while I was in the mens room or something. I had visions of getting home and having to splash 400 bucks for a replacement.

Before my next trip I'm buying an under-$50 one off Amazon to use on travel rounds, seems like cheap insurance. I actually looked when I got back from that trip and at the time Amazon had one with decent reviews marked down to 29 bucks. Should have snagged it, just because.

If you’re only playing a few rounds a year with it have you considered a free golf gps app for your phone?

If you’re only playing a few rounds a year with it have you considered a free golf gps app for your phone?
LOL!!, I'm on of those. No cell phone for me. I'm sure there's not many of us left.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I believe that there are some relatively inexpensive rangefinders that you can find on Amazon.

Just a thought. Not sure if they are still made, but I have a cheapie range finder that uses no electronics. You look through the eye piece, and match up the top of the flag pin, with a top line, and the bottom of the flag pin with a bottom line. Below the match up shows the approximate yardage. It's about 1.5 X1.5" inches square.

I've had this thing for probably 30 years, and still use for some of my practices. Just takes a couple of seconds looking through the view finder.

It's made by the National Golf Center, and I would guess it's a novelty item.

As for accuracy, it works well with my golf swing. The two are in the same ball park at least. I've never hit golf balls exact yardages anyways.

Don't get me wrong as I have two electronic lazer range finders that stay in my bag.

The first one I ever purchased was Bass Pro Shops made by Bushnel. . It was to be used for hunting up to 400 yards. Worked great for golf.

I’ll add that the CaddyTek was a good rangefinder until I lost it. Used it for 2-3 years.

For an inexpensive unit it’s not bad right?
Actually pretty good. Picks up fast, small, holds a charge, has slope, comes with a magnet for the cart. It's not going to wow you but for what I paid I'm impressed

I was gifted a GoGoGo GS03 at Christmas. I believe my wife found it on Amazon. I had never had one in my bag until then. The yardage measurements are identical to a buddy's Bushnell. It does not have image stabilization, but that would be nice. All in all, it does a nice job and the optics are clear.

Back