Search results for query: *

1. willplaysgolf

133 Supply Garden Marker

This might seem like an odd one, but I have a new favorite permanent marker for marking balls and I want to share the good news. In the past I’ve used either regular Sharpies or Milwaukee Inkzall to mark lines on my balls. They work fine but I’d often have to re mark them after 9 holes or so to...
  2. willplaysgolf

Best Push Cart Cooler?

I have a BagBoy Quad XL push cart and a ZTF bag. I’m looking to be able to carry more water than I currently can. Anyone have any strong favorites on push cart coolers or other ways to carry water on your cart? As I was strolling today I was thinking it would be a fun project to rig up a way to...
  3. willplaysgolf

Blue Tees Magnetic Hub

I won a Wingman View last fall and have been using it when I take my push cart out. It doesn’t really fit nicely in the cart basket so was trying to figure out how to attach it somehow. I found a random TV mount piece that was the right size and tried gluing it to the cart, but the bouncing made...
  4. willplaysgolf

Coffee Golf Game

Stumbled upon a mobile game today called Coffee Golf. It's basically Golf Wordle. Each day is a map of 5 holes you can play in any order, and you only get one try per day. My first day leaves some room for improvement: Coffee Golf - Jan 19 20 Strokes 🟨🟩🟥🟪🟦 4️⃣3️⃣4️⃣2️⃣7️⃣
  5. willplaysgolf

Utility Iron Question

For those that play a utility iron, is it a gapping club like the rest of your set, or do you have a higher flighted club that can cover some of the same distances?
  6. willplaysgolf

Spotify Golf Mixes

For those of you that have Spotify and listen to music on the course, I thought I'd share that, at least in my account, Spotify has a couple "made for you" Golf playlists. I found them this past summer when I did a search for Golf in playlists. I have a "Golf Mix" and a "Chill Golf Mix" in mine...
  7. willplaysgolf

Thought Experiment: Handicaps Based on Holes Instead of Rounds

This thread is related to the 9 and 10-17 hole round posting changes being discussed here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/change-to-9-hole-scores-for-handicap-index-in-2024.8958053/ One of the suggested benefits of the “expected score” is that 9 hole/partial rounds...
  8. willplaysgolf

WTB Paderson Kinetixx Single Length Shafts

Might be a long shot, but thought I might check anyway. Looking specifically for: 2x KG110SL-MIP30 1x KG110SL-SIP30 Please DM if you have anything, thanks
  9. willplaysgolf

Tour Testing New Shot Tracking Tech

No hot takes, just thought this was interesting:
  10. willplaysgolf

Which Gap Wedge?

I've been trying a few different gap wedge styles. Shot Scope data has a small sample size on a couple of them, but let's assume the data holds. Also assume the difference in carry is inconsequential as it was a quick grab for the other numbers. Which of these would you play? Green %...
  11. willplaysgolf

Grant Thornton Invitational Formats

For the mixed team LPGA-PGA Tour event, they announced today there will be 3 formats: Scramble, Alternate Shot/Foursome, and Modified Four-Ball. In the Modified Four-Ball, both players will tee off, then switch to their partner's ball for the rest of the hole. Pretty curious to see how that and...
  12. willplaysgolf

Graphite Iron Shafts, Steel Wedge Shafts?

I've been a graphite user driver through putter for a few years now. I recently put a graphite shaft into my putter and found I did better with the steel shaft it came with. Obviously could be more to that than just material type, but it got me wondering if I should try steel in my wedges too. I...
  13. willplaysgolf

Using Two Putters On Tour

Interesting vid came across my IG feed: Who's going to try this now?
  14. willplaysgolf

.355 Shaft Into .370 Adjustable Hosel?

I have some Dart V .355 taper tip shafts I'm interested in trying in a hybrid head. I've shimmed a bunch of .355 shafts into fixed iron and hybrid hosels over the years with no issues, but I've never tried it with an adjustable hosel/adapter. Has anyone tried this and does it work?
  15. willplaysgolf

Review Stack Putting Beta

I'm a Stack System speed training user, and last year they added a Stack Putting Beta to the app, but I didn't get a chance to use it until the putting greens opened up this year. According to the splash page for it (Link) it appears it will be a standalone app at some point, and presumably...
  16. willplaysgolf

Step Down/Castle Golf Tees?

Was looking at what alternative golf tees are out there for no particular reason this morning. I've seen this style of tee online before but never one in real life. Curious if anyone has ever used one?
  17. willplaysgolf

Amateurs vs. the 17th Hole at TPC Sawgrass

I really enjoyed this one:
  18. willplaysgolf

Should The TPC Scottsdale 16th Hole Stadium Be Permanent?

Saw this question asked somewhere on social today: should TPC Scottsdale have a permanent stadium on 16? Being a TPC course with the stadium being such a part of the identy of the event, I think it would be cool if it was.
  19. willplaysgolf

Simulator Video Game?

I've been chatting with a couple buddies who are thinking about jumping into the #GarageSimulatorCrew with the new Rapsodo or something similar. We've been talking about what software we could use to play together so I've been watching some GSPro videos and such (I have TGC at the moment). We...
  20. willplaysgolf

Unofficial THP TGC19 (Simulator Version) Society

Edit: adding from post #8: I have setup a society called "Unofficial THP Society." To join go to Online Societies > Join Society, then click the magnifying glass to search. If you search "THP" it should show up. I have set it to Private so I'll need to approve you joining. Ping me here or DM me...
Back