Tour Testing New Shot Tracking Tech

willplaysgolf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.5
No hot takes, just thought this was interesting:

Very interesting - wonder how the tour will ultimately use this if the testing is successful

That has to be annoying feeling, but I guess wireless packs do too so maybe not?

Hmm, that would be annoying, but guess you could use to it.

Looks like great tech and I like the Shotlink data. Also, it will show me how short I hit it compared to the pros if I play those courses. 😝😂

I'd put it on my bag ,not on me

Built-in shock feature?

That has to be annoying feeling, but I guess wireless packs do too so maybe not?
Probably the least annoying spot in that area, but still would take some getting used to. Would also take some getting used to to see 156 guys walking around with those

LOL so thats what those things are! I asked on another thread and got ignored

IDK. I borrowed a friend Garmin rangefinder watch for a tournament that I had entered. Not wanting to risk misplacing it, I decided to put it on my wrist and wear it. I figured if it was too bothersome I could take it off and put it in a pocket of my bag. I would not risk putting in a front compartment of the golf cart because that's how my buddy lost his first one, and this was its replacement. I played two rounds with it and never noticed it at all!

I saw this on Jordan Speith over the weekend & thought it was an insulin pump :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Interesting to see how the testing goes and if/how they decide to use it. If it’s able to get us more data and improve the broadcast, I’m all for it

Back