Search results for query: *

1. alaskaguy2021

Lin-Q M40X vs Purple?

Ive been searching a ton and cannot seem to find much info on the Lin-Q Purple. Is it just a softer/ higher flying (and discontinued) contrast to the Lin-Q M40X? currently game a Diamana TB 50-S. Its great, but now that im becoming more confident with my swing im getting slightly fast and...
  2. alaskaguy2021

Utility iron shaft to match S300 D2 irons?

Hi all, Finally found a set of irons that is truly the perfect feel, they are shafted with DG S300, D2 SW, and standard L/L/L. Wondering if anyone has some suggestions for a utility iron shaft that blends well since I swing these irons so well. Im open to steel or graphite options and just...
  3. alaskaguy2021

Oahu, Hawaii golfing

Heading to Oahu in March and was looking for some input on course selection. I plan on playing two rounds. Played on Maui my whole life but never played on Oahu so I have no clue about the courses there. Would like to stay near Honolulu. thanks!
  4. alaskaguy2021

Best coastal Golf destination (USA)

Hi all! Looking to find a golf trip destination for me and my buddy this September. Brandon Dunes is pretty much booked for the rest of 2024 and Pebble wont let you play unless you stay at their stupid expensive hotel it looks like? ALso we have both played Hawaii extensively so not really...
  5. alaskaguy2021

Diamana TB vs AD DI or IZ?

Hi all, I currently game TSi3 with Diamana TB 50s. The combo is doing pretty darn well for me but as one in this world would expect, I couldn't help myself and bought an AI Smoke Max 10.5 head today. Ideally I would put a TB 50s in that too but I dont want to take the other one out of play with...
  6. alaskaguy2021

Ping Glide 3.0 vs 4.0

Looking at Ping 52deg and 56deg wedges to blend with my i230's. Looking for some feedback on spending the extra money on 4.0's? looks like I can find 3.0's with the shaft i want (modus wedge) for about $70 cheaper then ordering 4.0 with the modus wedge shat. For those of you that went from the...
  7. alaskaguy2021

Ping Z-Z115 wedge shaft?

Hi all, just got re-fit and put into i230 with Nippon 950GH stiff. I have been pondering new wedges and thought of maybe Glide 4.0 52* and 56*. Whats your guys census on the stock Ping wedge shaft? When looking at other wedges I thought the modus 105 wedge shaft would be a good fit since its...
  8. alaskaguy2021

For Sale Left hand season cleanout, Irons, UW, wedges, putter, driver shaft

Clearing out un-used stuff in my golf room. Some items dont have pictures but can add those once I get back from work on November 16th. SORRY THE PICTURE OF MY NAME IS NOT WITH THE ITEMS, I AM AT WORK UNTIL NOVEMBER 16TH, IF NEEDED THIS AD CAN BE REMOVED TO ADHEAR TO THE RULES. Ping i525 5-PW...
  9. alaskaguy2021

T150 heads in phoenix?

Anyone know if there are any golf builders with LEFT HAND T150 heads in stock in Phoenix?
  10. alaskaguy2021

outdoor fitting in Phoenix?

looking to see if anyone knows of another place then Truespec at the Raven Course in Phoenix that does fittings outside on grass? I will be down there end of the month and want to try the T150 and Apex pro against my current gamer. Im not just tire kicking, im from AK, so if I hit them and...
  11. alaskaguy2021

Autoflex type shaft in Hybrid?

Hi all, So I did the Autoflex "alternative" on my driver and it worked out great (Grafalloy A-flex, 55g), wondering if it will help me on my hybrids as much as it did on my driver. Have any of you put an autoflex or that idea of a shaft in a hybrid before? thanks!
  12. alaskaguy2021

Counterbalance putter build

Ok guys, looking to get some input on a fun putter build. Im just gonna say it, I wanna see if the hype is a real deal (referring to the Rickie putter trend) but im a lefty so I gotta build one myself. here is what I was thinking...can I get some feedback from some club guru's to see if im on...
  13. alaskaguy2021

WTB Left hand Z-785 irons

looking to get a set of LEFT HAND Z-785 irons. 5-PW preferred but ill take 4-PW also Would like in Great to Great+ condition and stiff shaft. If you have them in good condition and they have PX IO or LZ 6.0 shafts then that would be a dream. PM me with pictures if you have some your looking to...
  14. alaskaguy2021

Aldila hybrid shafts

Hi all, just looking for some feed back on those of you that use a Aldila NV or NVS in your hybrid. I currently have Ventus Blue HB 8S in both my hybrids but feel like it starting to be too much shaft (i have slowed down and smoothed out my swing as am getting better form). I ordered a NVS 85...
  15. alaskaguy2021

Hybrid shaft thoughts

Hi all, Currently play the Sub70 949X 3H and 4H with a Ventus Blue HB 8S shaft. Its not too bad of a shaft, but would like a slightly higher launch and a touch more kick (for me the blue HB dosent have much feel). My driver SS is around 102avg and i play 115g iron shafts. looking to see if...
  16. alaskaguy2021

ideas on new hybrid shaft

Currently gaming the Ventus Blue HB 8S in my hybrids but im in the market for some new hybrids (probably getting apex pro's) and looking to see if anyone has some feedback. The Ventus Blue HB 8S is a great shaft but i have been working on my swing consistency and form, which has lead to a...
  17. alaskaguy2021

new club setup, opposite of the norms!

Hi all! just wanted to say some words on my new club setup that might help others out. I had almost a 4 hour fitting due to all the things we were looking at and had a great fitter that really wanted to make me happy. Here is what we came up with, and a lot of it is contrary to the "status-quo"...
  18. alaskaguy2021

black shafts and head setups

lets see your black shaft and/or heads setups! Im about to get some new irons and might get black shafts and heads or just the black shafts with regular satin heads. Show what your rocking for black on black or black on silver setups!
  19. alaskaguy2021

Zalatoris LIV?

Anyone else smell something in the air? Hes been playing great and finally able to sink some puts and now he is withdrawing from final two events of the season.... I know he has been adamant on his backing of the PGA but with his cult following, ranking, and name recognition...i could see LIV...
  20. alaskaguy2021

Driving iron vs driver

Ok THP looking to you guys for advice again! (Just a reminder, I live in AK so going to a shop and trying different clubs is simply not an option...unfortunately we don't have any year round shops anymore) Preface: Im still very inconsistent with my driver (but getting better...slowly) and...
Back