Counterbalance putter build

alaskaguy2021

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok guys, looking to get some input on a fun putter build. Im just gonna say it, I wanna see if the hype is a real deal (referring to the Rickie putter trend) but im a lefty so I gotta build one myself. here is what I was thinking...can I get some feedback from some club guru's to see if im on the right track?

White hot versa seven DB head (365g)
Stroke Lab shaft, 37"

SuperStroke Flatso 2.0 13.75" CounterCore (87g + the adjustable weights up to 75g)
or
SuperStroke Traxion 17" (100g)

My question for you guys that have built counterbalance putter setups before, would you go for the 17" standard grip or the shorter grip with the adjustable weighting?

thanks!

If I went with the shorter, adjustable weight grip, I would probably also make the length around 35" instead

For the true experience I think you need the longer grip. I have an old Daddy Long legs belly putter I cut to 38” and back weighted with a carriage bolt in the top of the shaft that I wrapped duct tape around to keep it from rattling then just put the grip on over the top. That putter has a long grip on it that I grip down the shaft on like it was a 34 or 35” putter.

Back