Search results for query: *

1. alaskaguy2021

Anyone else here just more comfortable playing blades vs anything else?

I have a set of Wilson Staff blades and probably hit those the most accurate of any irons I have ever played. I absolutely love them and they look so beautiful in the bag and at address. The compact head doesn't bother me (actually like it more) and the thin sole also isnt an issue. Pros -my...
  2. alaskaguy2021

Lin-Q M40X vs Purple?

thanks for the insight, im ok with venturing a little heavier then i normally play to see how it matches up with my newer swing. I just ordered one off Ebay so be interested to see if it can knock the Diamana TB out of the bag
  3. alaskaguy2021

Lin-Q M40X vs Purple?

awesome!! i may go ahead and spend the $70 on trying a purple
  4. alaskaguy2021

Lin-Q M40X vs Purple?

good to know! do you have any other comparisons? I use to have a Ventus Blue TR 7S and that was a little too stout for my swing profile, i tried it again a few days ago and still the same, also too heavy. i tend to swing better with 50s-60g shafts that have some give to them. i liked the idea...
  5. alaskaguy2021

Lin-Q M40X vs Purple?

My bad!- moderator...can you move this to the shaft forum section please!
  6. alaskaguy2021

Lin-Q M40X vs Purple?

Ive been searching a ton and cannot seem to find much info on the Lin-Q Purple. Is it just a softer/ higher flying (and discontinued) contrast to the Lin-Q M40X? currently game a Diamana TB 50-S. Its great, but now that im becoming more confident with my swing im getting slightly fast and...
  7. alaskaguy2021

2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

been trying to read through this whole thread haha but thought I would just ask, Anyone have some direct comparison/ feedback to the Cobra Tour vs i230 or PXG 0317T? thanks!
  8. alaskaguy2021

Utility iron shaft to match S300 D2 irons?

Hi all, Finally found a set of irons that is truly the perfect feel, they are shafted with DG S300, D2 SW, and standard L/L/L. Wondering if anyone has some suggestions for a utility iron shaft that blends well since I swing these irons so well. Im open to steel or graphite options and just...
  9. alaskaguy2021

Oahu, Hawaii golfing

I did want to play turtle bay, but im only there for 5 days and will be staying in Honolulu so that was a little too far out of the way. I liked the look of some of the Muni courses but seems like they do the same thing as Maui, you can not get a tee time more then a week out and it books up...
  10. alaskaguy2021

Oahu, Hawaii golfing

I go to Monkey Pod on Maui a lot, love their food if its the same owners as the Maui ones.
  11. alaskaguy2021

Oahu, Hawaii golfing

I do like courses with a little terrain, but when golfing in Hawaii I really like having an ocean view while golfing. I saw that the Royal Hawaiian is good, but it is all jungle views which I'm not a fan of. I just booked rounds at Ko'Olina and Hawaii Kai since they looked fairly decent and not...
  12. alaskaguy2021

Oahu, Hawaii golfing

Heading to Oahu in March and was looking for some input on course selection. I plan on playing two rounds. Played on Maui my whole life but never played on Oahu so I have no clue about the courses there. Would like to stay near Honolulu. thanks!
  13. alaskaguy2021

Best coastal Golf destination (USA)

Hi all! Looking to find a golf trip destination for me and my buddy this September. Brandon Dunes is pretty much booked for the rest of 2024 and Pebble wont let you play unless you stay at their stupid expensive hotel it looks like? ALso we have both played Hawaii extensively so not really...
  14. alaskaguy2021

Diamana TB vs AD DI or IZ?

what was your impression between the GT and the DI or IZ?
  15. alaskaguy2021

Diamana TB vs AD DI or IZ?

Hi all, I currently game TSi3 with Diamana TB 50s. The combo is doing pretty darn well for me but as one in this world would expect, I couldn't help myself and bought an AI Smoke Max 10.5 head today. Ideally I would put a TB 50s in that too but I dont want to take the other one out of play with...
  16. alaskaguy2021

Ping Glide 3.0 vs 4.0

thanks for the advice everyone...I was able to get a killer deal on new 4.0 with the shafts I wanted from a dealer I have bought some sets from previously. the new 5.0/ S159 sneak peak look pretty sexy IHO but im very content with the look of the 4.0 too, i think they will blend well...
  17. alaskaguy2021

What Driver Shaft Are You Using Right Now?

Been going through driver shafts like candy last couple years, finally found my winner. Diamana TB 50S. this shaft fit me excellent with my new swing profile, I I'm a lot slower and not as powerful the last 2 years as I try to improve my swing and this shaft keeps my in the short stuff and gets...
  18. alaskaguy2021

Ping Glide 3.0 vs 4.0

Looking at Ping 52deg and 56deg wedges to blend with my i230's. Looking for some feedback on spending the extra money on 4.0's? looks like I can find 3.0's with the shaft i want (modus wedge) for about $70 cheaper then ordering 4.0 with the modus wedge shat. For those of you that went from the...
  19. alaskaguy2021

Ping Z-Z115 wedge shaft?

i forgot to ask, whats your SS, just trying to gauge that along with you using the 950gh Neo to get an idea how it might feel for me. thanks
Back