Search results for query: *

1. vonbonds

What to buy with $300 use it or lose it shop credit?

Hey all, I have a hair over $300 in shop credit I have to use by the end of the year. Ideally I’d get a Vessel bag but he doesn’t have an account with them. I’ve come down to another putter (Odyssey Ai-One Rossie as I don’t have a proper mallet) which would be the 5th in my stable (I have two...
  2. vonbonds

I did a thing this weekend (member-member tournament)

So I did a thing this weekend, I won our club member-member tournament with my good friend. I never thought I’d win anything at the club but we pulled it off so I’ll have my name in the 19th hole wall like everyone else who won a major event before me since 1922. My buddy is a 5 and I played as...
  3. vonbonds

Clubs for an athletic teenager who doesn’t take the game too seriously but is annoyingly pretty good

So my title says it all. My son will be 15 in June but is still on the small side at 5’6” and a hair under 110lbs (I’m 6’1” and my wife is 5’10”). My son plays travel ice hockey and is pretty decent for normal kids (AA level for those who know US youth hockey). I’m obviously an avid golfer and...
  4. vonbonds

Reworking Mid-irons Side of the Bag

Title stolen liberated from @JB. I replaced my long irons with a Cleveland Hy-wood and XL Halo 4 hybrid. I just parked my Cleveland UHX 5 iron for an older Titleist TS2 23 degree hybrid I had laying around turned up to 24 degrees with fantastic results. I can pure my 5 iron (190 to 200 yards) or...
  5. vonbonds

Is it possible to convert a face balanced to a toe hang putter?

Hey, as my subject line asks can I convert a face balanced to a toe hang putter? I have a double bend Odyssey White Hot OG Rossie that feels great when hitting the ball but I seem to putt better with some toe hang. Can I simply change the shaft and use a plumbers neck to attach to the head to...
  6. vonbonds

Youth Hockey

I didn't see anything related to this with my search so I guess I'll start one myself. Any other youth hockey parents? My son is 13 and plays 14U tier 2 hockey at the B National level (USA hockey division). He's a defenseman as I brain washed him early since I'm a NJ Devils fan and our super...
  7. vonbonds

Managing weekend games with a group of friends

Hey all, I've assumed the role of commish at my club, we have a group of about 100 guys where we use TeamSnap (phone app) to sign up for a Saturday, Sunday or holiday daily matches. We play a 5-2-1 Nassau internal with a sweeps for the big game (we usually have 12-20 people signed up for any...
Back