Search results for query: *

1. golfboyblues

Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

That Bibigo commerical was especially irratating. Turned off the tournament.
  2. golfboyblues

Can’t believe I liked the PXG

If you are military, a veteran or first responder check out PXG's Heros Program. They give terrific discounts on equipment to those who qualify. I have five PXG clubs and love them.
  3. golfboyblues

Valhalla - PGA Championship?

I have been fortunate to play Valhalla twice. It was years ago so I don't remember everything about it, except I can tell you it is certainly not flat! There is also a stream or small river that cuts through the course that adds to walkability issues. There is one hole where the stream goes...
  4. golfboyblues

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

OK - here is the story: Years ago I was playing in Myrtle Beach and my partner had been slicing his drives all round long. We came to a hole on the back nine that was a dogleg right. At the point of the dogleg was a large oak tree on the left edge of the fairway. I told him to aim at the oak...
  5. golfboyblues

Which Neighbor Are You?

My wife and I moved seven years ago. We live on a nice, quiet street where the majority of neighbors are older and keep to themselves. They say hello and wave at you but there is not a lot of interaction. I made a good friend who lives three houses down from us. I am the "nice guy who does...
  6. golfboyblues

What shoes did you golf in today?

I have been wearing spikeless shoes for years. Currently there are three pairs in rotation: Skechers Step-ins, Asics and Puma Elite.
  7. golfboyblues

Your Top 5 All-Time TV Shows

Ted Lasso Yellowstone 1883 Lonesome Dove The Wire Andy Griffith
  8. golfboyblues

What accessory(ies) have you lost on the course?

I worked in the cart barn at my home course for one year. Here are some things I found left in carts turned in: A complete set of clubs. (the guy did not come back for them until three weeks later) A long putter Cell phonestold th Speakers Wallets Car keys Wedding ring Unopened bottle of...
  9. golfboyblues

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I am 77 years old and still able to maintain a single digit handicap. When I started losing distance due to age, I decided to get better around the greens. I practice pitching, chipping and putting at least twice a week. Right now I am recovering from knee replacement surgery but hope to have...
  10. golfboyblues

How does your public courses handle slow play

My home course had rangers but stopped using them 2 years ago. They let individual players and two-somes go out on a regular basis. They do nothing to improve slow play problems.
  11. golfboyblues

Family Golf

The most enjoyable golf every year is playing with my son, daughter and son-in-law.
  12. golfboyblues

How many different golf balls do you have?

I play the Maxfli Tour X but I also have a dozen Titliest Tour Soft.
  13. golfboyblues

Does arthritis hurt your golf game?

I have arthritis in my fingers and it is difficult to grip the club properly. My grip will slip in the downswing almost coming completely off the club. Sometimes it will happen multiple times during a round, other times it will not happen for several rounds. I exercise my fingers every day to...
  14. golfboyblues

Knee Replacement

When I had my left knee replaced in 2011, the surgeon kept my natural knee cap in place. Six months later I was in more pain than before the replacement. The doctor retired right after my surgery. So, I had to have a "revision" done which is basically just another replacement. They got it...
  15. golfboyblues

What are your favorite casual golf shoes?

Sketcher's Step-ins. Weather permitting I play golf at least 5 days a week and these are the most comfortable shoes I've worn. So easy to get on and off.
  16. golfboyblues

How much are your yearly Golf Membership dues?

I am a member at a 27 hole municipal course that would rated as a high mid-tier if it was in Myrtle Beach. It is in Massillon, Ohio. It costs $2195.00 for a seven day membership that includes all golf, cart, range, and GHIN fees.
  17. golfboyblues

What would you do?

I would contact Facebook and tell them it is a stolen rangefinder. I would hope that FB has some kind of policy on those kind of things.
  18. golfboyblues

Fix Professional Golf

Speed up! Remove scoring lines from golf balls.
  19. golfboyblues

Your Top 5 Courses Played

1. Valhalla 2. Bald Head Island 3. Firestone North 4. Prestwick 5. Farmstead (gone)
Back